Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Only1LT @ 04/28/11 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
It really wasn't noticeable to me at all. I can't remember if I did get stuck but, I don't think I did. My last game about a month and half ago.

Do you still get stuck? Have you played the game enough to know?
You do. There is no "get skinny" or hands on the back of Linemen. It isn't AS bad as it used to be, but it is no where near the 2K level.

# 42 Only1LT @ 04/28/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
We're talking about animations that trigger when the ball carrier runs into his blockers, correct? Yes, that is in M11.

Is it consistent? I'd say so. The difference, like I mentioned, is that they don't collide like they did in 2K5. They'll stick there hands out or attempt to squeeze through there. But it's way better than the 'Mario running' in years past.
That was my point. He was asking if it had what 2K has, and I said no, which is accurate. Is it better? Yes. I don't think it is as good as you think, but that's just difference of opinion maybe.

And yes, unfortunately, I do still have the game.

# 43 SouthernBrick @ 04/28/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
We're talking about animations that trigger when the ball carrier runs into his blockers, correct? Yes, that is in M11.

Is it consistent? I'd say so. The difference, like I mentioned, is that they don't collide like they did in 2K5. They'll stick there hands out or attempt to squeeze through there. But it's way better than the 'Mario running' in years past.
Gotcha.

Quote:
If you still have the game, go into practice mode and try it for yourself. You can indeed interact with your blockers, whereas that wasn't the case before.
I'll have to try it and really look next time I play.

# 44 djordan @ 04/28/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
With all due respect to rgiles, what you are talking is still NOT in the game. Maybe it's in 12, but I doubt it.
It is in Madden 11. I play Madden 11 about 3-4 times a week and I see it throughout the game.

# 45 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
That was my point. He was asking if it had what 2K has, and I said no, which is accurate. Is it better? Yes. I don't think it is as good as you think, but that's just difference of opinion maybe.

And yes, unfortunately, I do still have the game.
Does APF2K8 have it at all? I haven't played that in quite some time, but I don't recall APF having the collision animations btwn teammates that 2K5 had.

# 46 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 03:57 PM
Quote:
You do. There is no "get skinny" or hands on the back of Linemen. It isn't AS bad as it used to be, but it is no where near the 2K level.
I'll have to go home and play with this. I play this game all the time, and I don't feel myself getting stuck hardly at all.

In fact, I thought that was part of the ball-carrier animations they implemented last year. I know that the CPU will bowl over to get through a hole (although they don't pull up fast enough).

# 47 carnalnirvana @ 04/28/11 04:09 PM
i am seeing models looking shorter and fatter, AR and vick looked fat but hey its early.

so far not seeing anything mind blowing, the tackle stuff is all thats looks new and have substance.....

# 48 blakty @ 04/28/11 04:15 PM
That Revis swat animation highlights why I hate that momentum still isn't being respected in pass coverage. Revis went from shuffling left to right, to making a vaulting swat as if he were sprinting.

# 49 guaps @ 04/28/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Liked what I saw.

Hate to be that nit picky guy but this has always driven me nuts. On the Bree's pass at the 17 second mark, when the guy catches the TD the CB just stops on a dime and turns the other way when his momentum should of carried him into the end zone.

That being said if this is the biggest problem I have with Madden 12 I'll be happy.
I agree. Overall I like what I see, but the locomotion/momentum still looks wrong, IMO. Both the NCAA 12 videos and the Madden 12 videos display unnatural changes of direction, just like Madden 11 had. A RB with high speed, agility and acceleration rating was just too good in M11, because they didn't have to respect momentum. Still looks like 'it's in the game'

And while it looks like there's gonna be some pushing and shoving in the trenches this year it doesn't look very organic to me. Not a major issue, but hopefully something they'll address.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the demo this summer.

On a side-note, I find it interesting that Tiburon is stepping up the gameplay just years shy of their exclusive license with the NFL (possibly) being over. And that Tiburon finally back on track on this generation of consoles, when we know next-gen consoles aren't too far away (Nintendo next year, MS and Sony possibly not long behind). Madden 05-09 were pretty good on last-gen...

# 50 carnalnirvana @ 04/28/11 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakty
That Revis swat animation highlights why I hate that momentum still isn't being respected in pass coverage. Revis went from shuffling left to right, to making a vaulting swat as if he were sprinting.

this is why i am not excited about anything we have heard /seen... the gameplay logic is still SOOOOO flawed that all the additions are useless...and there is so much more wrong in the vids but its doesn't make sense to point them out becuase these things are not EA or most fans priority

# 51 BezO @ 04/28/11 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakty
Yeah, they need to stop catering to folks that want unrealistic control of the players and add transition animations. If Revis had to plant his foot & lean to change direction, maybe they could control how high he jumped while in transition.

# 52 MMurda @ 04/28/11 05:08 PM
agree wtih BezO...if physics is respected thats where skill in the D will come back into play cuz that type of swat play will have to be a good read/deliberate movement to get him in place to make that swat. there wouldnt be no getting lucky and recovering on a dime. they do need the transition animations BezO speaks on...if u commit too much to running one direction...oops ur outa position and u blew the play!

until then this is mere pseudo-realism/sim at best. this is what i got hyped for when community day for '10 happened. but as the CD'ers said after launch...it wasnt the locomotion they initially saw and had to be tuned back cuz it broke the D. sigh....maybe one day we'll go full sim

# 53 statum71 @ 04/28/11 05:13 PM
Loving the improvements.

That over the should catch by the Saints receiver looked kinda funny though.

# 54 turftickler @ 04/28/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
Does APF2K8 have it at all? I haven't played that in quite some time, but I don't recall APF having the collision animations btwn teammates that 2K5 had.
Yes, APF 2k8 has that. I still play the game and see it on just about every single play.

# 55 turftickler @ 04/28/11 05:21 PM
I feel that what happens on the field should stay on the field. I do NOT like the camera movements when the player you are controlling moves with the player. Unless it's in first person, we should NOT be seeing or feeling that crap.

Call me negative nancy all you want, but I'm not impressed. Yeah, the game looks great from a graphical standpoint, but the player animations are not very fluid and the look too static and way to scripted. I'm sorry, but Madden NFL 11 feels exactly like it plays, horrible. It just does not feel like football to me.

I need to see some actual gameplay; 4 snaps minimum, before I can say whether or not I am impressed.

# 56 swisshusker @ 04/28/11 05:31 PM
nice vid.
pump fake animation still looks pretty bad. i wonder why they showed it that much in the video...

# 57 ABR173rd @ 04/28/11 05:37 PM
Everything looks great. Very polished. The only negative would be the pass from Bree's to Meachem, The catch animation looked off. However If franchise mode delivers this year I can overlook that...

# 58 Lodeus @ 04/28/11 05:44 PM
One thing I love is the gameplay seems to run real smooth.

# 59 Dashdagreat @ 04/28/11 06:41 PM
Now im a true skeptic.... but i dont have nothing against GOOD QUALITY and this actually looks pretty good!

# 60 iBlievN5 @ 04/28/11 06:47 PM
i just wish QBs didn't stand like that in the pocket, more knee bend is definitely necessary.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.