Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Franchise details start at roughly the 7:00 mark.
  • Expanded Rosters up to 75 people on a team. (includes training camp guys)
  • Cut day Feature
  • New Draft Logic
  • New FA bidding system
The Cut day feature stands out, it will be interesting to hear more about it.

Does the fact that the expanded roster includes training camp guys, mean an actual "training camp"?

May 16th is marked on my calendar.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NoTiCe_O @ 04/29/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Hopefully off season is improved. That is 80% of my franchise. Sometimes I hope I lose later in seasons so I could get a mid pick and trade alot. I like signing free agents. JUst like in NCAA Dynasty, Recruiting is 80% of my time. I like planning for the future.
Same here, i always start off with a young team tht needs rebulding or and old team tht has to start fresh, and let the rest unfold. Well when i actually enjoyed franchise tht was.

# 22 Lexicon @ 04/29/11 08:38 PM
Now this is the kind of news that gets me excited for Madden! Can't wait for May 16th. There definitely won't be a need for fake players. I control every team, and every draft, I feel like skipping the last 4 rounds because I never end up signing them due to roster restrictions. Good start to the Franchise news.

# 23 ch46647 @ 04/29/11 08:44 PM
Anybody think they will add "player roles" back into franchise mode this year?

# 24 canes21 @ 04/29/11 08:50 PM
I'm really hoping franchise turns out more like HC09. I want to draft a guy in the 6th round, not know much about his ratings, see him compete very well throughout preseason and training camps, then have him end up making the final cut and get solid playing time in the franchise because his rating progresses to a solid rating.

With the current system, which I think is downright terrible, that 6th round pick will come in with 25 awareness, never progress past a 55 overall, and will be cut by me and never be signed again.

# 25 H_Zilla @ 04/29/11 09:56 PM
Maybe this means we will have a reason to play pre-season games.

I do miss the pre-season games from HC09 and finding out that late round pick I drafted just for depth was actually a quality player and trying to find a way to keep him on the roster.

With all these improvements it makes me wonder why they even made Madden 11, maybe it was so average becuase they were working so hard on Madden 12 and just got something on the shelf

# 26 rootofalleli @ 04/30/11 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, I agree. I'm an offseason nut. This all sounds great. I'm really looking forward to all of this. I'm trying not to hype this up too much in my head.
Same here. This has been a good week in Madden, but a part of me is afraid to love again.

# 27 jethrobag @ 04/30/11 08:07 AM
i hope they get all the assistants with photos in the game this year. They took that out last year, and I was really hoping to hire Kevin Greene to run my D!

# 28 jmurphy31 @ 04/30/11 08:14 AM
Cut day and expanded rosters are a much needed addition to this gen games. Preseason might actually matter which would be great. I wonder if they do use real players if a ton of old veterans stick around in the game (ie. Daunte Culpepper), will they havea ton of real unsigned rookies, or fake players. Hopefully not the first

# 29 Smoke6 @ 04/30/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This all sounds fantastic. The only thing I'm concerned about is if expanded rosters means fake players.
I'm taking it as the guys you drafted or picked up as free agents, you sign them to your practice squad and can call them up anytime you need them. I can hoe cant I?

News is good lately, 2 more weeks until that big impact news hits and this sound like its heading into the right direction already.

# 30 mikemulloy @ 04/30/11 11:17 AM
how bout a bettter draft system like nba2k11's with custom draft classes

# 31 Bootzilla @ 04/30/11 11:49 AM
Sounds promising. What we really need is to change the position requirements for the final 53. OL, DL, DB, makes more sense than requiring a certain amount of tackles or a back up at both safety positions. At the very least we should be able to have a secondary position i.e. DE/OLB or H-back/TE/FB. This will enable your roster to be more realistic and flexible.

# 32 blklightning @ 04/30/11 11:52 AM
that's too long to watch for me. but if this is just their teaser info, then i am looking forward to learning of the other improvements. and the 75 man roster ...it's about damn time.

# 33 NoTiCe_O @ 04/30/11 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Damn, EA waste money. How much would this event in the middle of Times Square cost?

Regardless, Madden 12 sounds promising.
I think EA realizes where Madden is right now, and they pulled out the big budget to get it back to where its supposed to be. Hiring all those camera men and cinematographers couldn't have been chea either.

As long as they get madden up to par again idc how much they send, Franchise lookin good. I can't wait to see whats u with the inline cause madden usually has very playable servers

# 34 Skyboxer @ 04/30/11 12:06 PM
Just wish the ratings system would get an overhaul. There's been
many discussions about it as far as removing ratings all together etc...or making then not visa le except for 40 times, strength etc..
Something fresh is needed IMO. Despite having expanded rosters if Madden AI simply takes the highest rated players whats the benefit of training camp other than the ability to raise a players ratings etc...

I wish it was more 'what you showed' instead of what you're rated.
It's a start though.

# 35 TreFacTor @ 04/30/11 12:33 PM
My issues with franchise mode (next gen) was that I could go undefeated, not resign any high priced FA, pick the fastest players at each position (without scouting), skip straight to the regular season because pre season meant nothing...wash rince repeat. Franchise mode became little more than 18 games and a draft. These are steps in the right direction but i wish it would have come in M09 rather than M12.

# 36 da ThRONe @ 04/30/11 12:39 PM
Hopefully this means 8 men practice squad as well.

# 37 ChaseB @ 04/30/11 12:44 PM
Just to put this to bed. I presume the "minor details" are basically what was on the fact sheet given out.

Under the Franchise/Superstar mode topic there are these bullet points:

-"Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more."

-"In Superstar mode, fans can now control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. More details on Franchise and Superstar modes will be released on May 16."

# 38 NoTiCe_O @ 04/30/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Just to put this to bed. I presume the "minor details" are basically what was on the fact sheet given out.

-"Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more."

-"In Superstar mode, fans can now control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. More details on Franchise and Superstar modes will be released on May 16."
Yea, i figured it was minor because we already knew this, jus with a lil more detail now (75 man roster, cut day)

# 39 Sourpickes @ 04/30/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

Theres a discussion here that says this is not true. That it was miss information

# 40 canes21 @ 04/30/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourpickes
Theres a discussion here that says this is not true. That it was miss information
The confusion was people thought there was going to be 100 new features, then enhancements. Looman was just stating it is 100 new features and enhancements combined. So what Chase said is true.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.