Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 OSUFANOKC @ 05/05/11 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I think they've shown that they are serious about discussion. Having 20+ hardcore guys in over 5 different 4 day sessions, starting as early as January, to work with them on features, bugs, enhancements and direction of the game is FAR more than most companies attempt. Just because the discussions have not happened with you personally doesn't mean they have not happened.

In fact, i think they have been real open to implementing the features the community wants most. The surveys and TGT March Madness tourneys have directly driven the enhancements the last couple of years.

I understand you have concerns, and voicing them is great.. because EA does read and absorb the communities feedback.
I'm concerned with how late in the process it is, and we are just now finding out about the flawed bullrushing animations. My question is, is it too late in the development stage to not just make the BR animations happen rarely, but actually recreate more realistic BR animations in general?

# 102 carnalnirvana @ 05/05/11 01:05 PM
khaliib i agree with you on most points you made. My frustartions were put to rest last season when i finally realized what these footballs games were and their target audience.

let me guess you are an offline player....

these issues are not important, its all about online play where tendencies are not required.

I'll be shocked if the Db issue isn't fixed its still early right now...........

# 103 khaliib @ 05/05/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I think they've shown that they are serious about discussion. Having 20+ hardcore guys in over 5 different 4 day sessions, starting as early as January, to work with them on features, bugs, enhancements and direction of the game is FAR more than most companies attempt. Just because the discussions have not happened with you personally doesn't mean they have not happened.

In fact, i think they have been real open to implementing the features the community wants most. The surveys and TGT March Madness tourneys have directly driven the enhancements the last couple of years.

I understand you have concerns, and voicing them is great.. because EA does read and absorb the communities feedback.
I get all that, and it's not about me personally.
It's about the community.

The underlined part is what concerns me.
Are these individuals really voicing the communities desires or just enjoying the moment and not rocking the boat? (not an attack)

Just wondering what's going on if we have "Hardcore" people giving input, then we STILL see issues that were from 3 years ago happening in these pre-release vid's.

Nevermind the new injections that might not have been in the build they played.
There's DB's still doing the Mirror Dance.
Awareness issues (Catches caught between 2 DB's w/no attempt on ball)
LB's still swatting passes that should really be to high to reach
No Momentum (Def players still changing on a dime)

I get what your saying with the invitation thing.
But there are still too many Old issues popping up again in these vid's, then to see this animation called a bullrush.

There needs to be some more involvement beyond the 20+ individuals at this stage.

If they're visiting and seeing our concerns, a simple "we've noted the concern" would go a long way.

That's all I was trying to say in my Word-Salad!!!

# 104 SpreadEm @ 05/05/11 01:21 PM
i hope they changed the shoes for nike and just dont keep the same ones lol

for soread offense videos please subscribes to the most complete video library of spread offenses spread illustrated http://www.youtube.com/user/SpreadIllustrated

# 105 roadman @ 05/05/11 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If they're visiting and seeing our concerns, a simple "we've noted the concern" would go a long way.

This is the only part I want to point out.

Noting the concern and fixing the concern are two different things.

Plus, as I've learned in business and what Carnival was alluding to, our number 1 priority is not always their #1 priority.

Someone said it better up above us.

Do they have enough time to tune it or fix it before it goes gold. That's the bottom line.

# 106 carnalnirvana @ 05/05/11 01:31 PM
judging from the zone defense vid the feedback gotten from the visitors were either wrong or the team didnt implement it, this year becuase its pretty bad,

this bullrush vid, lets see how it plays out.......

the biggest thing missing from this game is TECHNIQUE at every position, and that can be gotten from film.

# 107 Goffs @ 05/05/11 02:36 PM
eh...how often does that happen though? the bull rush? id rather see an animation where the DL pushes the OL back not just run the guy over like that....

# 108 Illustrator76 @ 05/05/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
judging from the zone defense vid the feedback gotten from the visitors were either wrong or the team didnt implement it, this year becuase its pretty bad,

this bullrush vid, lets see how it plays out.......

the biggest thing missing from this game is TECHNIQUE at every position, and that can be gotten from film.
Man. I always tried to put my finger on exactly how to express what is lacking in the EA football games, but you stated it perfectly here. Proper technique/interaction at each position is one of the biggest issues that looms over their football games.

Well said sir.

# 109 drlw322 @ 05/05/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Man. I always tried to put my finger on exactly how to express what is lacking in the EA football games, but you stated it perfectly here. Proper technique/interaction at each position is one of the biggest issues that looms over their football games.

Well said sir.
It's the lack of transitional animation. IF the dev have said it, the reason the tackles would warp in the past is because they had limited animation from each angle. They had to add over 100 animation to make the new collision system work. They also had to dive catch animation to combat the speed up warp catches.

Thats why the other game looks so much more smoother is because they have so many animation and transitional animation to their game so it's not choppy during transition of animation.

# 110 KOV @ 05/05/11 03:09 PM
I've enjoyed all info up to this point, but that animation has to go, not feeling it at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've NEVER seen that happen. While they're at, they can take out the offense pancake animation also, I've never liked that one either.

# 111 falconfansince81 @ 05/05/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
It's the lack of transitional animation. IF the dev have said it, the reason the tackles would warp in the past is because they had limited animation from each angle. They had to add over 100 animation to make the new collision system work. They also had to dive catch animation to combat the speed up warp catches.

Thats why the other game looks so much more smoother is because they have so many animation and transitional animation to their game so it's not choppy during transition of animation.
what other game? the 'other game' meaning 2k5? since psn has been down i've been playing it a ton, and one thing i notice is a lot of sliding and warping which (like you referred to as transitional animations) i can accept to a certain degree.

BUT, the most important thing about the animations themselves is the players are playing their positions correctly and with proper technique. i think a big problem here is these mo-caps seem to be done by larry over in accounting or whoever was on break when they were ready to record. obviously its not that amateur but there are very few instances where i see proper football fundamental techniques being displayed, and for me it cheapens the game even further.

# 112 Goffs @ 05/05/11 08:16 PM
any chance we get a mocap of OL/DL interaction? now that is something i would like to see...

# 113 LBzrule @ 05/05/11 08:26 PM

2:00-2:32 = Bull Rush. Sometimes the OL will fall but not often. Most times he just gets driven back into the QB. I still think the WR's run their routes too slow. No explosion off the line and no burst out of cuts.

An even better example

# 114 spankdatazz22 @ 05/06/11 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Notice the inside hand down and not the outside hand? Most defensive linemen line up with their inside hand down. In NCAA and Madden it's opposite. There are tons of little missing details like this in the game. Most of it goes back to the non-football background of the development team. Some of it goes back to the non-athlete, non football player status of their motion capture actors.

EA Tiburon and everyone that has a hand in the making of their football games clearly do not get enough insight or direction from people that actually know the sport. It's been obvious for years now but most people haven't been made aware.

I mean is Tiburon even aware of all the things that they have in the game that are fundamentally wrong as it pertains to the game of American football? The outside hand being down on their defensive linemen is just the tip of the ice berg.
this x 10

ten char

# 115 4solo @ 05/06/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Notice the inside hand down and not the outside hand? Most defensive linemen line up with their inside hand down. In NCAA and Madden it's opposite. There are tons of little missing details like this in the game. Most of it goes back to the non-football background of the development team. Some of it goes back to the non-athlete, non football player status of their motion capture actors.

EA Tiburon and everyone that has a hand in the making of their football games clearly do not get enough insight or direction from people that actually know the sport. It's been obvious for years now but most people haven't been made aware.

I mean is Tiburon even aware of all the things that they have in the game that are fundamentally wrong as it pertains to the game of American football? The outside hand being down on their defensive linemen is just the tip of the ice berg.
I couldn't agree more. Thats why we've had all those crazy animations. The clothesline hitstick tackles. That horrible animation where the receiver would fall on his head anytime he was hit when jumping up for a pass.(That was just only removed last year i might add) The insta-swim, just to name a few. I can just picture the animations guys sitting there filming that crap and like YEA THAT LOOKS GREAT! When it has little basis in the real game. It like every animation they film is the over top stuff that rarely happens; give my the mundane nuances and then I will be impressed.

# 116 BuffaloBull7 @ 05/07/11 06:51 AM
This video look really good. Looks like a improvement of NCAA my only problem is in game play with diving catches they look like they are falling on the mat, in gameplay with no regard to there bodies... Not really a fan of that...But all in all the video looks good.

# 117 wesglenn @ 05/30/11 03:08 AM
this feature was used on the ps2 platform you could bullrush like that and destroy an o-lineman, if wr"s who are wide open down the middle make diving catches all the time i will not like it. what about over the shoulder catches , i hope that the fade routes are worthy in this game because throwing down the middle looks tough when all the linebackers have the zone clogged up, looks like this game may have alot of opposite field mirroring of players going on in the animations, im seeing to many players reacting to much in sync rather than players performing individual moves that dictate a more realistic football move, im trying to stay positive but im not quite sold on these so called features

# 118 wesglenn @ 05/30/11 03:24 AM
i hope all the wr's run with individual styles because if not the game will be like playing SEGA, each player in college football does not run as humpbacked as these models do in this game is it me or am i seeing some humped backed players running , their torso's never twist around just there arms all move the same way and everybody has the same running style down the field , i do not like this look of this game for this reason,last year to this year there again is no individualality from player 1 to player 11 on the field they all have the same catches,the same throwing motion, the same drop backs, the same coverages, no difference in runnig styles , kickers go thru the same kick off animations,no variety from one team to the next from an individualality standpoint this game has the look, it has the sounds , it has tradition , it has a deep dynasty mode, recruiting, 3 d grass but all the teams react the same some just slower than others

# 119 RynoAid @ 05/30/11 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I get all that, and it's not about me personally.
It's about the community.

The underlined part is what concerns me.
Are these individuals really voicing the communities desires or just enjoying the moment and not rocking the boat? (not an attack)

Just wondering what's going on if we have "Hardcore" people giving input, then we STILL see issues that were from 3 years ago happening in these pre-release vid's.
I'm assuming if they were to bring you in instead of the 20 knowledgeable people that they utilized.. everything would be an A+ on this game and every issue that exists would have been resolved...

The facts are the game has shown a TON of improvement the last 2 development cycles.. and i like to think that the game changer program is helping push the game in a direction we can all respect and look forward too. I'm not sure there is another company out there putting in the time and working with community to the length that EA does.

# 120 noplace @ 05/30/11 10:32 AM
What I don't understand is if they can do that animation with the OL falling to the ground which almost never happens. Why cant they just give us an upfield pass rush off the edge to keep the QB in the pocket? These animations are dumb EA is using. Also can we get some real athletes for the motion caps please. Its like they refuse to use realism for a gaming/arcade feel on purpose..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.