Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Lexicon @ 05/07/11 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Looks pretty sweet. Will the sidelines be addressed or will guys all be wearing the same number and bopping up and done. Any collision detection on the sidelines? No game has ever really done the sidelines well.
I thought APF 2K8 did the sidelines very well. Players with their helmets off, and it was the actual player. Players cheering their teamates on on a big run play by running down the sideline with them. However, I don't want this to turn into a "2K does this better" thread

# 62 radatdude2 @ 05/07/11 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
We are listening. We had a bug that caused the numbers in game to be a different scale in game then in our art tool (Shipped in Madden 11). Over the past two weeks our team art lead has been addressing all the number scale issues. Plus these videos were finished a couple weeks ago.
Thanks for the feedback. I must say im really impressed with the direction you guys are going in, authenticity and true to the game. This has me really excited about playing with my Jets and really getting that overall authentic look of the team. You guys have really created a lot of buzz and excitement for Madden 12 that has been missing for some time now. Keep up the good work

# 63 Falcons11497 @ 05/07/11 11:10 AM
I'm pumped for August

# 64 Bgamer90 @ 05/07/11 11:32 AM
I'm really excited for the game and felt that both virtual playbook vids were great but the sliding was definitely noticeable and is also noticeable in the NCAA 12 vids. It's really tacky (for lack of a better way to put it) to see a DB slide near a WR instead of taking actual steps to try and break up the play. You can see this happen in the zone defense videos.

Right now my biggest pet peeve is with the animations and how the players don't move as well as they did last gen and how the DB's slide to break up pass plays. Hopefully they will fix this... have a feeling that they'll reduce the sliding but the animations will more than likely still be the same as they were in the vids. We'll see though.

# 65 K_GUN @ 05/07/11 01:01 PM
i fear that their *fix* of zone defense is just increased sliding by the defenders

not good if its the case

it will remind me of madden 09...when Ian related all the frantic motion like *waterbugs*

# 66 2krunk4u @ 05/07/11 01:28 PM
Looks like the same ol' Madden to me. No warping is cool, but there's still a high amount of sliding going on. It's still the same canned animations. They just trigger later in the frame. This isn't anything groundbreaking, in fact this should have been done years ago. I guess this is what we're gonna get until a new generation of consoles comes out and physics based momentum and animations are standard.

It's just always bothered me that Madden feels so out of place as far as animations, natural movement and realism goes. The players still look too stocky. When the Madden guys are on the virtual playbook field and standing next to the in-game models they are vastly smaller in size. Something just has never seemed right to me with the player models in Madden.

# 67 bxgoods @ 05/07/11 01:55 PM
I think the videos looked good, it got me hyped.
Especially the eagles-giants clip in the gameplay video.
I got hyped after I saw Desean Jackson got lit up and dropped the ball.

My only issue like most others have already said, they need to tone down the skating on sidestepping.

# 68 jbd345 @ 05/07/11 04:06 PM
Is it just me or did the eagles/giants gameplay in the presentation video seem speed up??

# 69 NoTiCe_O @ 05/07/11 04:11 PM
I really think this is gonna be a good year of EA football and i'm looking forward to Madden 12 more than any other madden since 04.

But for Madden 13 this foot planting has to be fixed, it just looks terrible

# 70 mike24forever @ 05/07/11 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
the sliding looks worse than the previous years IMO....no 3d grass is going to help this lack of foot planting. it feels as if there is no connection between the field itself and the players and thats why its gonna be another year of disney on ice.
You should definitely not get this game. Actually, you should forget it exists. That way, you will not have to worry about anything Madden...and I will not have to read your complaints on the Madden boards. Silly me, I forgot the ignore option. Done.

# 71 guaps @ 05/07/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
IMO the lack of footplanting and a TRUE locomotion engine is the biggest flaws in the next-gen Madden's to date. Also the running animations still look like a bunch of robots running around. If they had FIFA's locomotion and foot planting engine it would make Madden light years better.
True, people who've tried FIFA have been spoiled by RailTracks, FIFA's 'locomotion' engine. Also with EA Canada integrating real physics in FIFA 12, Madden 12's 'new' features only appear to be years behind -- remember, FIFA has had a collision system since FIFA 08.

# 72 kingsofthevalley @ 05/07/11 04:45 PM
Looking great I must admit. Hope they can get rid of the sliding around. I mean, I'm used to it at this point but it still needs to go. Players still seem to be disconnected from the field.

If they can remedy that, things would be golden.

# 73 roadman @ 05/07/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
True, people who've tried FIFA have been spoiled by RailTracks, FIFA's 'locomotion' engine. Also with EA Canada integrating real physics in FIFA 12, Madden 12's 'new' features only appear to be years behind -- remember, FIFA has had a collision system since FIFA 08.
Don't forget they have a new GM who has a resume from FIFA.

I'm sure if he keeps seeing the comments, we might have something looking like it, but I doubt for 12.

# 74 kingsofthevalley @ 05/07/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I'm sure if he keeps seeing the comments, we might have something looking like it, but I doubt for 12.
There is no doubt in my mind that a full physics/collision system is on the way. Taking a lil minute to get here, lol but I'm sure its coming. Mean time in between time, when it comes to Madden/NCAA you can take it or leave it. I've always taken it, was disappointed with 06-09, but greatly enjoyed 10 and 11.

I agree that full physics/collision probably wont be in 12 but we're getting there.

# 75 Kevin26385 @ 05/07/11 05:13 PM
Only thing missing on the Bears intro is the 4th phase flag for Cutler. Would be awesome if they could include that!

# 76 guaps @ 05/07/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I do believe Madden will eventually become a good game, but not because of Cam Weber's (EA's new GM) resume, but his attitude towards delivering fantastic core gameplay.

That being said, Madden still looks like a very flawed game in my opinion and judging from the gameplay videos released to far, I've seen very little to get me excited about this years edition.

# 77 roadman @ 05/07/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I do believe Madden will eventually become a good game, but not because of Cam Weber's (EA's new GM) resume, but his attitude towards delivering fantastic core gameplay.

That being said, Madden still looks like a very flawed game in my opinion and judging from the gameplay videos released to far, I've seen very little to get me excited about this years edition.
His attitude towards delivering fantastic core gameplay is part of the resume for me.

Honestly, for me, it's a an increase from 11 and that might warrant a purchase on this end.(not talking about the physics and locomotion because it's not a finished product, yet)

Still, at the end of the day, I feel there are more positives than negatives with 12 over 11 at this time.

# 78 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 05/07/11 06:49 PM
Is it just me r does it feel like we should have already had this stuff by now..I know its been said before but no competition sucks. But oh well as long as Madden chooses to be the Only NFL game available they deserve all the criticism About the gameplay they don't get right and the game modes they put off for years.

# 79 CM Hooe @ 05/07/11 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Is it just me r does it feel like we should have already had this stuff by now..I know its been said before but no competition sucks. But oh well as long as Madden chooses to be the Only NFL game available they deserve all the criticism About the gameplay they don't get right and the game modes they put off for years.
This attitude of entitlement is something EA, or any video game company, can't win against.

It doesn't matter whether the game "should already have" something. The fact is it either does or it doesn't.

Praise the game for what it adds and does right and critique it for its shortcomings, but to say "such-and-such features doesn't impress me because it should have already been there" is not an objective attitude to hold when evaluating the game and is counterproductive to the discussion of how good or bad Madden may be.

# 80 dirtysouth1295 @ 05/07/11 09:38 PM
looks good

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.