Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the higher resolution NCAA Football 12 screenshot, right here.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 moylan1234 @ 05/11/11 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmike9
i saw a screen where they were white. but maybe there are white and black options this year????
I thought we had that option last year, but the issue was that if you picked the black ones at some point during the game they turned white. i could be wrong though

# 42 speedy43 @ 05/11/11 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
im glad they added some more facemaks...ah lah the one on #40 of FSU
not only new facemask but the Schutt Ion helmet as well...which was showcased in the first screenshot they put out

# 43 SteelerSpartan @ 05/11/11 11:20 PM
There are no options for white ankle braces, the pics with them white are of old builds

One of the art directors confirmed they fixed the ankle braces bug(Thank the lord)........so all new shots should have great looking dirty uniforms without the ankle braces looking all funky......

like this pic, the lighting and 3D grass just really make this game pop graphically

# 44 SteelerSpartan @ 05/11/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
not only new facemask but the Schutt Ion helmet as well...which was showcased in the first screenshot they put out

I hope they have this facemask though

# 45 bad_philanthropy @ 05/11/11 11:48 PM
Going to harp on it again —looks like pride stickers still don't show up correctly. Don't know if this screen is from a dynasty mode shot or what, but the stickers used to only look glitchy like that in dynasty.

# 46 B-Lo-Z-Ro @ 05/12/11 01:24 AM
why do the helmets still have that lump spine on them?

# 47 ThaHeels4real @ 05/12/11 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
Because they wont take a cue from Madden and fix them...

# 48 NDFan1029 @ 05/12/11 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
This isn't exactly what you're talking about, but I happened to make a comparison for my benefit a few weeks ago. It's amazing to me how much better 12 looks. It goes, L to R, NCAA 10 to 11 then 12 at the bottom.
Are you sure you don't have NCAA 10 in the photo on the top right? I don't remember the field looking that bad last year. Kinda funny that the photo in the top right looks perfect if not for the flat, incredibly ugly field underneath. The player colors, jerseys, and helmets all look excellent.

# 49 Tengo Juego @ 05/12/11 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

I hope they have this facemask though
It's in.

Also seen again here:

# 50 Ronnie brown23 @ 05/12/11 06:58 AM
at 9:12 in part 2, i like how the corner goes for the fake. looks like man coverage and route running ratings will matter this year.

# 51 Soonerd2 @ 05/12/11 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Are you sure you don't have NCAA 10 in the photo on the top right? I don't remember the field looking that bad last year. Kinda funny that the photo in the top right looks perfect if not for the flat, incredibly ugly field underneath. The player colors, jerseys, and helmets all look excellent.
See the hand towel on the RB? It's 11

# 52 dan_457 @ 05/12/11 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
It is NCAA 10 on the right, I said so in my post.

# 53 moylan1234 @ 05/12/11 07:22 AM
top left has to be 2010 and the top right has to be 2011. the top right has hand towels and colored cleats neither one was in 2010

# 54 coogrfan @ 05/12/11 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHeels4real
Because they wont take a cue from Madden and fix them...
Here's some good news--this problem appears to be solving itself.

Riddell ceased production of the VSR-4 (the in-game standard Riddell helmet) last year. Combine that with the fact that a recent study done by the Va Tech School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences into the relationship between concussions and specific brands of helmets ranked the VSR-4 as the second worst in preventing concussions, and there's a pretty good chance that we will see few if any players wearing that particular helmet model from here on out.

http://www.sbes.vt.edu/nid.php

# 55 dan_457 @ 05/12/11 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Riddell ceased production of the VSR-4 (the in-game standard Riddell helmet) last year. Combine that with the fact that a recent study done by the Va Tech School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences into the relationship between concussions and specific brands of helmets ranked the VSR-4 as the second worst in preventing concussions, and there's a pretty good chance that we will see few if any players wearing that particular helmet model from here on out.

I don't plan on having my players wear the VSR-4 anyway, so that bump won't bug me much. I'm just going to give my players only Schutt helmets, now that they've added the Ion 4d and Air XP.

# 56 DorianDonP @ 05/12/11 11:01 AM
Looks great. Still frames from these games usually do look awesome.

# 57 Soonerd2 @ 05/12/11 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
top left has to be 2010 and the top right has to be 2011. the top right has hand towels and colored cleats neither one was in 2010
Right you are Ken!

# 58 ThaHeels4real @ 05/12/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Yeah Im really suprised that these helmets are still around at the college level, especially with the technology that has been out for so long now...Maybe high school teams who cant afford upgraded equipment...

# 59 coogrfan @ 05/12/11 02:21 PM
I think I read somewhere that they estimate that something like 75,000 players (high school, college and pros) still wear the older model helmet. In response, Riddell has started a program whereby you can get $50 off
the price of a Revo helmet if you trade in your old VSR-4.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.