Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN had a live stream running yesterday of NCAA Football 12 (archived videos found here), and during the show one of the loading screens listed some of the new details found in the Online Dynasty mode.

As the screenshot above states, you will now be able to Super Sim your games against CPU opponents, and you will be able to advance an Online Dynasty to the next week right from the web. The Super Sim feature is great for those that just love recruiting or only want to play human opponents, and being able to advance an OD to the next week from anywhere in the world -- instead of just from your gaming console -- will mean commissioners can more efficiently run their leagues without worrying about always being at home.

This little loading screen slip up was obviously not intended to happen, and of course, Operation Sports users immediately spotted these details, and then a screen grab ended up on The Gaming Tailgate forums later that night. PastaPadre also ended up posting about what some of these details could potentially mean for Online Dynasty.

On the official side of things, EA will be lifting the embargo on Online Dynasty details (as well as Road to Glory and regular Dynasty) on May 23. Expect more details to surface on or around that date.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BenGerman @ 05/12/11 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

IGN had a live stream running yesterday of NCAA Football 12 (archived videos found here), and during the show one of the loading screens listed some of the new details found in the Online Dynasty mode.

As the screenshot above states, you will now be able to Super Sim your games against CPU opponents, and you will be able to advance an Online Dynasty to the next week right from the web. The Super Sim feature is great for those that just love recruiting or only want to play human opponents, and being able to advance an OD to the next week from anywhere in the world -- instead of just from your gaming console -- will mean commissioners can more efficiently run their leagues without worrying about always being at home.

This little loading screen slip up was obviously not intended to happen, and of course, Operation Sports users immediately spotted these details, and then a screen grab ended up on The Gaming Tailgate forums later that night. PastaPadre also ended up posting about what some of these details could potentially mean for Online Dynasty.

On the official side of things, EA will be lifting the embargo on Online Dynasty details (as well as Road to Glory and regular Dynasty) on May 23. Expect more details to surface on or around that date.
Cool! I can definitely wait a week and a half.

# 2 illwill10 @ 05/12/11 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

I am kinda surpised that that embargo for NCAA Game modes gets lifted a week after Madden does. But if the Madden info is great, I can hold off

# 3 TDenverFan @ 05/12/11 06:48 PM
Couldn't you already sim your games? Maybe I'm confused as to what this means...

# 4 illwill10 @ 05/12/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Couldn't you already sim your games? Maybe I'm confused as to what this means...
yea.... I think there is something new to it.

# 5 mike24forever @ 05/12/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Here's a hint, "anywhere in the world.". Come on READ it again.

# 6 ChaseB @ 05/12/11 06:54 PM
Quote:
Super Sim is a bit more in depth than a regular sim.

# 7 TDenverFan @ 05/12/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Here's a hint, "anywhere in the world.". Come on READ it again.
I'm talking about super SIm, not the Online Dynasty Advancing...

# 8 canes21 @ 05/12/11 07:06 PM
You can call the plays in the super sim. I guess like a coach mode type thing.

# 9 Cryolemon @ 05/12/11 07:56 PM
I thought that OS didn't allow discussion of stuff that was leaked?

Anyhow, this seems like quite a cool feature, although I don't personally play online. Clearly a lot of EA's fanbase is based around online play, so it can only be good for EA if they are catering for that. As long as they don't do it to the detriment of offline, of course.

# 10 nighttrain32 @ 05/12/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
Simming your game and advancing the week is whats new. Advancing the week online saves the hassle if you're out and about and just want to do it through a flash enabled phone or something.

# 11 kbomb1upc @ 05/12/11 09:32 PM
Wow... I hope this means you can use supersim while on your PC. That would be cool for a dynasty were you just want to coach and not actually play your games.

# 12 The JareBear @ 05/12/11 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
Wow... I hope this means you can use supersim while on your PC. That would be cool for a dynasty were you just want to coach and not actually play your games.
Yeah that could actually be pretty awesome....some guys in my dynasty work late and if we are lagging behind cuz of them they can play their game on their computer....

# 13 HarkTheSound @ 05/12/11 09:56 PM
Wait, so does this mean you can super sim games while on your computer AND advance the week on the computer.

OR

You can super sim games (while calling the plays) JUST on your xbox. While also being able to advance ODs on the computer.

I am a little confused by the wording.

# 14 Blaxican8504 @ 05/12/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Wait, so does this mean you can super sim games while on your computer AND advance the week on the computer.

OR

You can super sim games (while calling the plays) JUST on your xbox. While also being able to advance ODs on the computer.

I am a little confused by the wording.
I think it is the second one.

# 15 UniversityofArizona @ 05/12/11 11:48 PM
or would it be using super sim while calling plays on the computer?

# 16 CKA15 @ 05/13/11 12:09 AM
I know i'm confused...
guess i'll find out what it means on the 23rd

# 17 osubuckeyez937 @ 05/13/11 08:21 AM
i hope they fix rtg a lot. i hated how the other players on your team were mentally handicapped and just ran around and didnt know what was goin on. rtg was a joke last year.

# 18 kbomb1upc @ 05/13/11 09:09 AM
The way it is worded it means you can supersim "AND" advance the week while being signed into the web. I would live this game if that's true. Here I come coaching mode.

# 19 Solidice @ 05/13/11 04:04 PM
from the wording on the loading screen, it seems that both will be a new feature to the dynasty web site. So you'll be able to super sim your games online and be able to advance the week online. Although it's most likey just that you'll be able to select the plays while super simming on the console and not the ability to super sim from the site.

I wonder if they'll add the ability to do the off-season stuff online as well?

# 20 RynoAid @ 05/13/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Although it's most likey just that you'll be able to select the plays while super simming on the console and not the ability to super sim from the site.
what makes you say that....? just curious.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.