Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN posted a story today detailing some of the additions to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12.

The biggest change seems to be the ability to create a coach and move up the coaching ranks. Many folks have been begging for a "coaching carousel" in this series, so this addition seems like it should make a lot of people happy.

Quote:
...EA and Tiburon have responded and given players the ability to create their own coaches from scratch. You can modify looks, set ages and even pick an alma mater. Save these changes, and you can share them with the world and every mode in your game.

That stuff might sound cosmetic, but it plays into the cool changes in Dynasty mode. When you start, you can choose to go be the head coach of whatever school you like, but the real challenge is taking on one of the new offensive or defensive coordinator slots and working your way up to running an entire team. Yes, this year you can be one of the assistant coaches and manage just one side of the ball for entire games. Do well, and the shot at a head coaching job might pop up.

The story also mentions some details about Online Dynasty mode, including confirmation that you will be able to simulate online dynasty games from your computer.

If you're a more visual person, IGN has also posted a video preview detailing these changes.

On a level beyond the additions themselves, the biggest change this year just seems to be the ability to customize the experience to your liking. The folks at EA Tiburon have been relatively rigid when it comes to customizing players, leagues and so forth, but the shackles seem to be coming off in both football games now.

More details should be released about this mode and the Road to Glory mode in the near future. The embargo for all media as it relates to these modes lifts on May 23.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sparkdawg777 @ 05/19/11 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I honestly don't think you're giving the Developers enough credit here. Besides, is Coach mode even an Actual mode? From what I've heard it just an option to call the plays, and have them run Automatically. Not a legitimate "mode".

For real, you honestly think the devs created this only for the small group who pick plays and watch? Not that there's anything wrong with that just saying a majority of people play with the sticks it would be dumb to only create all this and leave out the majority.

# 42 Solidice @ 05/19/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Bingo. Is this a seperate "coach mode" only feature or does all of this apply to a Dynasty as well where we play the games, recruit, etc?

Not near as exciting for me if its only a coach mode feature where you call plays and the goal is to work from coordinator at a small school to HC at a big time program.
It's in dynasty mode, as stated in the article and video. coach mode is not a separate mode like dynasty. It's probably just a different way to play the game(like the 1-button mode or what ever they called it last year) that you can select at the team select screen.

NCAA 12 is looking more and more like the football version of College Hoops 2k8. Which is a very good thing.

# 43 Watson @ 05/19/11 01:46 PM
The Miller High Life guys need to shoot a commerical @ the NCAA division of EA. These guys stepped up to the plate

# 44 CM Hooe @ 05/19/11 01:46 PM
Impressive. I like.

# 45 Draxion @ 05/19/11 01:47 PM
F**K F**K F**K F**K YEA!!!!!
YES YES YES YES!!!
Thank you EA, NCAA 12 here I come.

# 46 BallinVol @ 05/19/11 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In the video is has a roster editor and a coach editor on the main menu.
Thanks man I didn't catch that. Of course this computer i'm on runs like it's from the stone age. Appreciate it!

# 47 gerg1234 @ 05/19/11 01:48 PM
And I'm totally sold. The custom conferences! COACHING CAROUSEL!!! TOTALLY AMAZING! I can't wait!

# 48 Solidice @ 05/19/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
With this added and seeing the not just the head coach is free to edit, but coordinators too, I wonder if they can be edited outside of dynasty? It would be great if so, but if not I guess I'll just have to create a template to start all my dyasties. I just hope I don't accidentally save over it or delete it.
there was an edit coach feature on the main menu in the video. they are also sharable it seems.

# 49 SeaOfRed75 @ 05/19/11 01:49 PM
Me likey very much.

Offensive coordinator/HC= Tom Osborne
Defensive coordinator=Bo Pelini

together= world domination

# 50 arobbi3 @ 05/19/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame
by this image I guess you can grow your coaching tree It shows how the previous OC is now the HC at PSU thats cool I wonder if they take your customized playbook with them to their new job or do they use a generic one

From the screen you posted, they would have to take their playbook with them. It states that you (new Stanford OC) use ARK (pro style) playbook.

The only problem with this would be are we going to see many Rich Rod to Michigan hires? In other words are schools going to hire coaches that fit their system or are we going to see a lot of schools revamping their system when they shouldn't be.

# 51 Watson @ 05/19/11 01:51 PM
So the question is, if you edit Les Miles, will you have to select his features backwards? Can coaches wear watches? Because Les thinks those are for *******.

# 52 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 01:51 PM
Hmmmm, After watching the vid and my conclusion:
I AM COMPLETELY SOLD!!!!!!
I love the additon to start off as a Off or DEf Coord.
I didnt even read the article

# 53 PaperBoyx703 @ 05/19/11 01:51 PM
Moments like these I am glad there are Time Machines! I can jump right into July...wait, there isn't?

# 54 Hiro1 @ 05/19/11 01:52 PM
Luvtotha9s= Authentic Rosters
???= Authentic Coaches

# 55 renatus @ 05/19/11 01:52 PM
cant wait to star my carrer as a DC!!!!

even better if we could creat our own plays but still..looks promising!

# 56 NY4Life @ 05/19/11 01:53 PM
EA...just take my money this year. Love what I am seeing so far with additions to Dynasty and Franchise in their Football games.

I wish they would add a well implemented discipline system and playoffs system. I am guessing the real ncaa would not like it if these were in the game...I liked the discipline system in the old gen versions. Even better would be adding suspended prospects to draft classes, factoring in that they may have missed a year...do you dare take a risk on a talent with character issues and missed time. Oh the depth...

Not really complaining though. Good Stuff!!!

# 57 Dame @ 05/19/11 01:53 PM
I wonder how recruiting works if you're a OC or DC? can I only speak with guys on my side of the ball or do the HC handle all the recruiting

# 58 moylan1234 @ 05/19/11 01:54 PM
I love the coach edit screen I wonder for alma mater if it's just a list of FBS schools or if we can enter any school name we want?

# 59 TracerBullet @ 05/19/11 01:54 PM

Celebratory Booty Dance for all!

# 60 HarkTheSound @ 05/19/11 01:55 PM
Amazing.

I'm not familiar with the OC and DC of every team, so to those that do know, are those real coordinators listed or just randomly named guys?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.