Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN posted a story today detailing some of the additions to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12.

The biggest change seems to be the ability to create a coach and move up the coaching ranks. Many folks have been begging for a "coaching carousel" in this series, so this addition seems like it should make a lot of people happy.

Quote:
...EA and Tiburon have responded and given players the ability to create their own coaches from scratch. You can modify looks, set ages and even pick an alma mater. Save these changes, and you can share them with the world and every mode in your game.

That stuff might sound cosmetic, but it plays into the cool changes in Dynasty mode. When you start, you can choose to go be the head coach of whatever school you like, but the real challenge is taking on one of the new offensive or defensive coordinator slots and working your way up to running an entire team. Yes, this year you can be one of the assistant coaches and manage just one side of the ball for entire games. Do well, and the shot at a head coaching job might pop up.

The story also mentions some details about Online Dynasty mode, including confirmation that you will be able to simulate online dynasty games from your computer.

If you're a more visual person, IGN has also posted a video preview detailing these changes.

On a level beyond the additions themselves, the biggest change this year just seems to be the ability to customize the experience to your liking. The folks at EA Tiburon have been relatively rigid when it comes to customizing players, leagues and so forth, but the shackles seem to be coming off in both football games now.

More details should be released about this mode and the Road to Glory mode in the near future. The embargo for all media as it relates to these modes lifts on May 23.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 canes21 @ 05/19/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
How do you know this for sure?
I don't, but we have no info right now on ratings being included. The guy who wrote the article said we can set ages, appearance, and even alma mater, but no mention of ratings. He even brought up prestige with no mention of ratings. If they were in, then they're either not being talked about until May 23 or E3, or they just simply are not in.

# 82 moylan1234 @ 05/19/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The catch seems to be the lack of ratings. So, hiring that A+ Prestige HC is not going to be any better than getting that F- HC.
the coach edit screen does say page 1 of 3 so hopefully one of those other two screens is ratings

# 83 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/19/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
I can't believe EA wanted this info released yet, i bet this was suppose to come May 23rd.
The official EA NCAA Football account tweeted this link too, so they are cool with it. It's not uncommon for them to let a certain site leak the info and then they clarify a few days later with an official blog post talking about it

# 84 EvanRG @ 05/19/11 02:10 PM
Quote:
Now, sure, you could customize conferences in NCAA Football 11, but that was really just a swap. You could switch a team out of a given conference, but you had to put another in its place. This year, you can do whatever the hell you want. You can take the Big 12 and drop it down to four teams or go nuts and crank it up to 16. You can set it so that your conference only plays weekday games, name the divisions, and even mess with who gets to go to which bowl. NCAA Football 12 gives you the keys and lets you drive the game wherever you want it to go.
OH MY GOODNESS.....

Custom CONFERENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 85 Roggie @ 05/19/11 02:10 PM
Quote:
The catch seems to be the lack of ratings. So, hiring that A+ Prestige HC is not going to be any better than getting that F- HC.
I've been talking to someone about this. Everyone flipped on me when I said it would be okay if the first year we just had moving coaches, playbooks, and aggressiveness, but now everyone is celebrating when that's all that has been announced.

# 86 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 02:11 PM
There still might be some moaning and complaining from people. But there might not be a "MAdden has been releasing more info" thread. I think people have a more positive Reaction to this Preview than Madden's preview.

# 87 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/19/11 02:11 PM
If they get editing rosters in I don't even know what I would say.

This is awesome. Very pleased.

Kudos EA.

If you guys don't see any posts from me for a couple days it's because I'm going to Eric Cartman myself and freeze myself until the release.

# 88 canes21 @ 05/19/11 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
the coach edit screen does say page 1 of 3 so hopefully one of those other two screens is ratings
The three tabs are Bio, O, and D. I guess that is offensive and defensive schemes, but I doubt that is the only thing on the slide. Probably the type of QB, DE, etc. the coach prefers, their aggressiveness, run-pass ratio, etc.

I hope for ratings as much as you all, but they don't look to be in. Hopefully I am wrong.

# 89 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
The real question is....does Coaching Carousel work with Teambuilder

Would love to use a 1star teambuilder in the middle of nowhere and start as a OC and work my way up to the Maize and Blue
I would like to know that.
I might start out as a TB team until a named roster come out

# 90 EvanRG @ 05/19/11 02:15 PM
You can coach games from your PC....

OH LORD. I think my GPA just went down.

# 91 arobbi3 @ 05/19/11 02:16 PM
Quote:
I hope for ratings as much as you all, but they don't look to be in. Hopefully I am wrong.
This image shows each coach's prestige, wouldn't that be their ranking?

# 92 Solidice @ 05/19/11 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Just a moment of clarity then back to the celebration.

Why has it taken this damn long for EA to add CC, Double tackles, Momentum, Presentation, custom playbooks, foot planting, and so on so on. Look at the excitement level when its not Season Showdown, Mascot games, Tug-a-war and all that other non sense they added this gen.

Ok normally I don't do this but KEEP THE PARTY GOIN!
not sure how much of it was his doing, but NCAA 11 and 12 had a different executive producer than the previous NCAAs this gen.

# 93 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 02:17 PM
I dont even need to see the full blog of the Dynasty on 5/23. I am good with this Dynasty info.
Hello 10-20+ Seasons in Dynasty.
I cant wait to hear some RTG news
Is it wrong to say that I dont even want Madden after this info alone?

# 94 dhs22p @ 05/19/11 02:18 PM
I'm excited to see all of this stuff! I hope we can make the D1 bigger than 120 Schools. So we can add future FBS teams such as Texas State, UTSA, Umass, and South Alabama! Im pumped!

# 95 ram124 @ 05/19/11 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
Yes it is. Ratings are in. Go back and watch the video. At :21 into the video (on the coach edit screen) you see the ability to edit the coaches prestige. So pumped!

# 96 canes21 @ 05/19/11 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
That just shows the success they've had. Unless a higher prestige makes a team perform better, then it is pointless just about. I'm sure it will have an impact in recruiting still, but thats where it will probably stop.

# 97 moylan1234 @ 05/19/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
The three tabs are Bio, O, and D. I guess that is offensive and defensive schemes, but I doubt that is the only thing on the slide. Probably the type of QB, DE, etc. the coach prefers, their aggressiveness, run-pass ratio, etc.

Where do you see that? Every screen i've seen only says bio 1 of 3? Also if it is O + D that could allow you to set ratings boost for each position

# 98 BoondockSooner @ 05/19/11 02:20 PM
Wow this is sick. Almost exactly what I wanted, outstanding EA!

# 99 dan_457 @ 05/19/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
That just shows the success they've had. Unless a higher prestige makes a team perform better, then it is pointless just about. I'm sure it will have an impact in recruiting still, but thats where it will probably stop.
It seems like a simplified rating system, but that's fine by me. I'm sure they'll build upon in future installments. Hopefully the blog will go into further detail about the prestige, and say what impact, if any, it has on everything.

# 100 DorianDonP @ 05/19/11 02:23 PM
YES, YES< YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job EA!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.