Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN posted a story today detailing some of the additions to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12.

The biggest change seems to be the ability to create a coach and move up the coaching ranks. Many folks have been begging for a "coaching carousel" in this series, so this addition seems like it should make a lot of people happy.

Quote:
...EA and Tiburon have responded and given players the ability to create their own coaches from scratch. You can modify looks, set ages and even pick an alma mater. Save these changes, and you can share them with the world and every mode in your game.

That stuff might sound cosmetic, but it plays into the cool changes in Dynasty mode. When you start, you can choose to go be the head coach of whatever school you like, but the real challenge is taking on one of the new offensive or defensive coordinator slots and working your way up to running an entire team. Yes, this year you can be one of the assistant coaches and manage just one side of the ball for entire games. Do well, and the shot at a head coaching job might pop up.

The story also mentions some details about Online Dynasty mode, including confirmation that you will be able to simulate online dynasty games from your computer.

If you're a more visual person, IGN has also posted a video preview detailing these changes.

On a level beyond the additions themselves, the biggest change this year just seems to be the ability to customize the experience to your liking. The folks at EA Tiburon have been relatively rigid when it comes to customizing players, leagues and so forth, but the shackles seem to be coming off in both football games now.

More details should be released about this mode and the Road to Glory mode in the near future. The embargo for all media as it relates to these modes lifts on May 23.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 DGuinta1 @ 05/19/11 03:44 PM
So what took EA to finally incorporate items that football fans have been craving for? New mgmt., the eventual end of them having sole rights to fball? What? Why can't this type of product expansion and growth be every year? Just curious. Though kudos to EA for "waking up".

# 162 Dmarzio @ 05/19/11 03:44 PM
Okay this single article has changed my entire perception of EA. Before I saw them as complacent and putting in just enough to get sales every year.

This single article has already blown me away. Even if they had just made these changes to dynasty, wrapped it up, and sold it I would probably pre-order it. When you factor in the other changes they have made, such as the presentation upgrades, graphics upgrades, tackling and zone defense...I am just going to pre-order this right now.

Thanks, EA. You have changed my perception of your football games in the matter of a week (Madden wowed me as well with their franchise upgrades).

Thanks for taking my $120....

# 163 sikolec @ 05/19/11 03:45 PM
Wow...just wow. This game looks incredible. The IGN vid mentioned there's more to come, quote: "If this werre an NCAA football game, we are just at the tailgate."

I can't imagine what other changes we have in store. EA has finally listened and came through in a big big way. This looks fantastic and I look forward to what other improvements have been made to the series.

# 164 Roggie @ 05/19/11 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
This is just the preview none of us know exactly all the in depth info of what these features actually mean and will mean. That video is just a preview of what to expect on the 23rd of May. We were only shown a glimpse of grades we dont know what they truly mean change and what they affect in the game fully.

Its almost no matter what anyone does or says you get a group of ppl that find a way to build a negative aspect on the matter. Can we all just wait until the 23rd before we start jumping to conclusions on how its being implemented wrongly or not to its full and how it should be until after we get the Devs info?

I sware...we always have people ready to start a riot.

Edit* this isnt directed at anyone in specific including Roggie.
I know you put not edited at me, but a lot of my posts in this thread are more saying what it could be. Back a month ago in the Coaching Carousel thread, I brought up the idea that coaches might not have ratings and they'd just be moving playbooks, and everybody FLIPPED out on me saying that they wouldn't take a half-assed Coaching Carousel. As of right now, we have exactly what I mentioned a month ago, and everyone is celebrating. It makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

A month ago I'm the one saying that I'd be happy with moving playbooks. Trust me, I am. I'm just trying to figure out where all the people who were shredding my idea went to now that my idea is what we know as of now.

# 165 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/19/11 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
There is 1 thing left for them to really say to top this off and that would be allowing us to use more than 12 teambuilder slots and teambuilder teams per dynasty. I would love to be able to recreate a whole D1 FCS conference and rename it or a high school conference i used to play in.
I'm also wondering how the game will reconcile conference name changes with existing conference patches and logos. Like if I make the Pac 12 a 16 team super conference and rename it the Pac 16 or Great Western States conference, will the pac 12 logo remain on the field and on uniforms or will it just disappear. Or, hopefully, will we be able to upload custom conference logos via teambuilder?

# 166 ShowTyme15 @ 05/19/11 03:49 PM
I'm glad they added the CC I've always wanted this since CH2k8........Now hopefully teh roster control is the same as 2k8 then we'll def. be in good shape.

# 167 Solidice @ 05/19/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
I know this year it'll be in Indy. But I'm disappointed that that will be the case every year in NCAA, because they're still negotiating where it'll be played beyond this year (In real life).

Not a big deal though, at all.
you could always change it. the ability to edit conference appear to be available at the end of every season now, and you can change the location of the championship game. obviously, it has to be at a stadium that is in the game, and I doubt Soldier Field will be in the game.

# 168 Cobra of 1999 @ 05/19/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I'm glad they added the CC I've always wanted this since CH2k8........Now hopefully teh roster control is the same as 2k8 then we'll def. be in good shape.
i wonder if you will be able to play the game as a OC or DC instead of watching the computer run the plays you call.. i also wonder if this mode will include teambuilder teams as well.. thatd be tight

# 169 TrapStar215 @ 05/19/11 03:56 PM
I Like!!!

# 170 k_mac @ 05/19/11 03:59 PM
Oh my, NCAA 12:

# 171 footballfan952 @ 05/19/11 04:00 PM
I just saw the video and the article, and I can't even express how overjoyed I am. Most everything looks great and appears to be just the way we wanted it. I honestly paused the video 50 times trying to spot every detail of everything.

My only question is, will there be an option to only be offered a few coordinater roles at small schools? Or will you have to choose from 120 schools everytime you start a new dynasty? Sorry if this has already been answered/discussed, but I haven't had enough time to look through NINETEEN pages of info yet lol

# 172 woody56 @ 05/19/11 04:01 PM
Gotta figure with customization being the theme this year, that players within dynasty will also be fully customizable, right?

# 173 joshuat8210 @ 05/19/11 04:11 PM
with dynasty and the ability to do whatever we want , i wonder if this also means that we can pick the time frames for the games too. i really hope so big time. that would be a cherry on top of a sundae

# 174 fcboiler87 @ 05/19/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
I'll be changing the Big Ten conference names to Division 1 and Division 0.
I'm actually going with a generic East and West. Anything though is better than Leaders and Legends.

On a side note, this game looks amazing. Could be the best addition of NCAA yet. I'm going to preorder NOW.

# 175 BenGerman @ 05/19/11 04:14 PM
I know this wasn't announced, but a big thing for me this year is Sim Logic. Big schools get upset, but not often. Small schools rarely stay undefeated. Big schools don't get all the recruits, they just get most of them. There shouldn't be 4 undefeated teams at the end of the year. Alabama shouldn't go undefeated every other season.

Things like this would allow EA to exceed the expectations of sports titles as we know it. College Hoops had the flash of Coaching Carousel, and the Depth of recruiting, but it didn't really get a chance to fine tune its simulation logic. We'll see if NCAA can surpass the greatest sports game of the generation.

# 176 Jakeness23 @ 05/19/11 04:15 PM
I could not be more pumped for both the football games this year... I may fail all of my classes due not studying at all...

# 177 OneOkami @ 05/19/11 04:25 PM
EA nearly lost me as a fan of this series, but my goodness have they won me back. I'm sold. Solid. Fantastic job Tiburon!

# 178 The JareBear @ 05/19/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Gotta figure with customization being the theme this year, that players within dynasty will also be fully customizable, right?
You mean editing ratings? That is cheating bro. Sorry

# 179 Eski33 @ 05/19/11 04:27 PM
Sounds good but since when is creating a coach new?

# 180 BenGerman @ 05/19/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
You mean editing ratings? That is cheating bro. Sorry
For those of us who like to have weight progression, its not.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.