Home
News Post

Casey Mosier of LeagueManager has posted some impressions of Madden NFL 12 from his time at EA Tiburon.

Quote:
"During my week in Orlando visiting EA Tiburon studio, I, along with other members of the Madden community, had the opportunity to get extensive play time on Madden NFL 12. At the end of the week, we each tallied up around 30 hours of play time amongst the different modes and features, Derek and I focused on game play improvements as well as offline "Franchise" mode. Now that Josh Looman has released the offline franchise improvements, I would like to take a little closer look at some of the new gameplay improvements as well as the offline franchise additions. In the following few passages I will go into further detail on the upgrades that have put Madden NFL 12 at the top of my list for "must have, day 1 purchases" for 2011."

Member Comments
# 41 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Fixed.

It's easy to sit back and analyze issues that you yourself may have with the game. If locomotion is your thing, you'll know fairly soon whether it's up to your standards as you'll have an eye out for it. But you're not going to cover all of the bases for the generic Madden consumer in 30 mins, 60 mins, 90 mins, 1 day, a week, whatever. We're all similar in what we want from a NFL game, but we're all very different as well.

Not sure what the point of this post is. Maybe Roadman, jeremy, and Armor can enlighten me?

# 42 bkrich83 @ 05/20/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I've been playing Madden since 92. I'm sure the author has been playing for a long time as well. They had 30hrs with the game. If there are any issues with a Madden game, I can assure you that I could find them in much, much less time than that. I might only need 30mins.
Now that's funny.

# 43 roadman @ 05/20/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Not sure what the point of this post is. Maybe Roadman, jeremy, and Armor can enlighten me?
All he is saying is we all not all the same in what we want out of a video game to represent the NFL.

Heck, I've been waiting for all this franchise news for the past 6 years, but you could be waiting for better announcing for the past 6 years.

# 44 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
All he is saying is we all not all the same in what we want out of a video game to represent the NFL.

Heck, I've been waiting for all this franchise news for the past 6 years, but you could be waiting for better announcing for the past 6 years.

If that's all he is saying, and that's a big if, then the post was pretty pointless.

All I said was I would not need 30hrs to find an issue with the game, if one existed. If I find an issue with the game, then it is obviously MY issue. Who else's issue could it possibly be? Who else's issue should I be looking for???

The preview pointed out zero issues with the game. Either the previewer had none, or he didn't report them. Either way, I was responding to someone who said that the previewer did not have enough time to find ANY issues. I was only responding that if there were issues, 30hrs is more than enough time, for me at least, to find them.

Not sure how his "fixed" invalidates any of that. But you thanked him for his post, so I thought you knew.

# 45 mike24forever @ 05/20/11 04:27 PM
Some people only play games to find their flaws. No matter how much effort has been put into a game. By the way, it's ALWAYS the same people!!!

# 46 TMJOHNS18 @ 05/20/11 04:36 PM
Decent read, though it's nothing more then a rewording of other previews and information. Like others have said, the lack of any reference to any problems is kind of odd. I'm really surprised at the praise that zone coverage got, it's not often EA fixes something completely and perfectly in one attempt. Look at the wildcat, EA's only attempt to change it's effectiveness was the make the formation broken, maybe whoever fixed the zone coverage can fix wildcat so it's not a waste of playbook space.

# 47 RGiles36 @ 05/20/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
I was only responding that if there were issues, 30hrs is more than enough time, for me at least, to find them.

Not sure how his "fixed" invalidates any of that. But you thanked him for his post, so I thought you knew.

I don't think what I said was a hard-to-understand concept, nor do I think it was pointless .

Quote:
I've been playing Madden since 92. I'm sure the author has been playing for a long time as well. They had 30hrs with the game. If there are any issues with a Madden game, I can assure you that I could find them in much, much less time than that. I might only need 30mins.
^^You didn't mention this was in reference to your own issues with Madden, nor did you imply that's what you were referring to. In fact, reading between the lines, you mentioned the amount of time you've been playing Madden to more or less suggest that it's had the same issues since then and you could find them all in a very short period of time.

My rebuttal to that is that you could find your own personal Madden issues within 30 mins (maybe). But again, you can't cover all of the bases in a hour, day, week, month or whatever. Once millions of gamers get their hands on it, it won't be long before a thread crops up saying, "The DTs are getting no sacks in past year 12 of franchise mode." That's what I meant by saying you can't find all of the issues within 30 mins. Individual players are so detailed in their desires that it's impossible for a community member to identify any or all issues with a capped amount of time with the game.

Perhaps some more context would've helped.

# 48 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't think what I said was a hard-to-understand concept, nor do I think it was pointless .

^^You didn't mention this was in reference to your own issues with Madden, nor did you imply that's what you were referring to. In fact, reading between the lines, you mentioned the amount of time you've been playing Madden to more or less suggest that it's had the same issues since then and you could find them all in a very short period of time.

My rebuttal to that is that you could find your own personal Madden issues within 30 mins (maybe). But again, you can't cover all of the bases in a hour, day, week, month or whatever. Once millions of gamers get their hands on it, it won't be long before a thread crops up saying, "The DTs are getting no sacks in past year 12 of franchise mode." That's what I meant by saying you can't find all of the issues within 30 mins. Individual players are so detailed in their desires that it's impossible for a community member to identify any or all issues with a capped amount of time with the game.

Perhaps some more context would've helped.

It might help if you didn't add your own quotes and attribute them to me.

I never once said "all" issues. That's one.

Two, if you have an issue with the game, then it is your issue. If I have an issue with the game and you don't, then it obviously isn't an issue for you. Any issue that you find with the game is YOUR issue with the game. If others find it issues for them as well, that is a separate point. So to "fix" my post and say that they are my issues with the game is pretty pointless and redundant. That's like saying the blue sky is blue. I don't think that is a hard concept to understand either.

Finally, and again I should say, I was replying to someone who said that it is not possible to find issues with a game in 30hrs. My point is that 30hrs is enough to find at least one issue, if there are any.

So, sorry, but I still don't understand the point of the post, unless it was to either point out the obvious, or to take me to task because you think I was being negative towards the game.

# 49 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Some people only play games to find their flaws. No matter how much effort has been put into a game. By the way, it's ALWAYS the same people!!!
Since we are keeping score, many times it's the same issues too. I'll fore go the extra exclamations, as I'm not as angry as you seem to be.

# 50 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
I understand you have your own agenda here, and I also understand that other things in the game be more important in your eyes... But you didn't write the article nor did I realize that I needed to consult with you on what you felt was important while writing this article. Please don't troll or criticize what others may feel is important to the game. You didn't like the article? You are able to break a game better than the peopke that were down there? That's fine and its your opinion but this thread isnt about your opinion. So please pose questions that are legitimate or provide some constructive material or troll elsewhere please.

Everyone else, I haven't forgotten about you... I'm handling some family time then I will be on to answer questions around 10pm eastern time. Sorry about the delay folks.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I never criticized you or the preview.

It is this simple. Someone said that 30hrs isn't ebough time to find any issues in a game. I said that it is.

Maybe you had no issues with the game. Maybe there are no issues with the game period. Maybe you saw issues and didn't want to talk about them. I don't know, nor was that the point of my post.

Once again, with emphasis, the ONLY point I was making is that 30hrs is enough time to find an issue with the game, if there is one.

Trolling? I guess.

# 51 at23steelers @ 05/20/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I never criticized you or the preview.

It is this simple. Someone said that 30hrs isn't ebough time to find any issues in a game. I said that it is.

Maybe you had no issues with the game. Maybe there are no issues with the game period. Maybe you saw issues and didn't want to talk about them. I don't know, nor was that the point of my post.

Once again, with emphasis, the ONLY point I was making is that 30hrs is enough time to find an issue with the game, if there is one.

Trolling? I guess.
Reading and agreeing with a lot of LT's posts here, I don't think he was debating your credibility or your entitlement to writing an article about your experience with Madden 12. In fact, I think him, me, and anyone here are really excited and enjoy any new articles we can read up on the new game. And it's an even better now that you are here and answering questions, and I think we all appreciate you spending your time here on the site. All I think he was saying was that he wasn't sure whether or not you purposely left out negatives in the game or if you didn't think there were any. That is all. So I guess that would be my question to you. Were there any negatives in the game? Sorry, for getting off-topic, and thank you for your time.

# 52 roadman @ 05/20/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Reading and agreeing with a lot of LT's posts here, I don't think he was debating your credibility or your entitlement to writing an article about your experience with Madden 12. In fact, I think him, me, and anyone here are really excited and enjoy any new articles we can read up on the new game. And it's an even better now that you are here and answering questions, and I think we all appreciate you spending your time here on the site. All I think he was saying was that he wasn't sure whether or not you purposely left out negatives in the game or if you didn't think there were any. That is all. So I guess that would be my question to you. Were there any negatives in the game? Sorry, for getting off-topic, and thank you for your time.
I guess we all see things differently.

LT mentioned he wasn't going after if he saw any positives or negatives with the game. Never was his intent in the first place.

His intent was to tell another poster that 30 hrs was enough time to know what issues are with the game. It wasn't the intent of LT to reveal any issues the reviewer found with the game.

The hands-on reviewer can only comment on what has been discussed with the game so far.

# 53 mmorg @ 05/20/11 08:41 PM
Quote:
If that's all he is saying, and that's a big if, then the post was pretty pointless.

All I said was I would not need 30hrs to find an issue with the game, if one existed. If I find an issue with the game, then it is obviously MY issue. Who else's issue could it possibly be? Who else's issue should I be looking for???

The preview pointed out zero issues with the game. Either the previewer had none, or he didn't report them. Either way, I was responding to someone who said that the previewer did not have enough time to find ANY issues. I was only responding that if there were issues, 30hrs is more than enough time, for me at least, to find them.

They were also playing early builds, so any 'issues' that they could point out are pointless at this time. Give it a rest man. I never said they didn't have enough time to find any issues, what I did say, was that all they had time for was to look at all the new stuff and report on it. Not sit there and analyze every free agency move in the off-season or draft pick to see how it doesn't make sense for the AI to do that. When the game comes out on August 30th you will have 30 minutes to find all of your problems with the game and you can make a nice long post about it all you want. Or you can play the game for a few hours and enjoy all the new bells and whistles and see the progress that's being made.

# 54 Armor and Sword @ 05/20/11 09:04 PM
Quote:

LT your issues with the Madden series are well documented. I think we (Madden fans) are just enjoying a little sunshine with the announcements of all of the franchise enhancements, improved tackle engine, broadcast camera angles, slick stat overlays etc. The game looks like it is finally going to deliver big time (on the current consoles).

Come on man. Let us bathe in the positive news. And I hope you get to enjoy the game as well.

It's all good.

# 55 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Eh, they also haven't had months to sit down and pound through season after season to find flaws. Probably to in-depth for the amount of time they got to get a real feel for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
They were also playing early builds, so any 'issues' that they could point out are pointless at this time. Give it a rest man. I never said they didn't have enough time to find any issues, what I did say, was that all they had time for was to look at all the new stuff and report on it. Not sit there and analyze every free agency move in the off-season or draft pick to see how it doesn't make sense for the AI to do that. When the game comes out on August 30th you will have 30 minutes to find all of your problems with the game and you can make a nice long post about it all you want. Or you can play the game for a few hours and enjoy all the new bells and whistles and see the progress that's being made.

O...k...

What ever. I'm sorry for who ever's feelings were hurt with my posts. I won't "hijack" a Madden impressions thread by talking about Madden anymore.

We cool now?

# 56 Only1LT @ 05/20/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
LT your issues with the Madden series are well documented. I think we (Madden fans) are just enjoying a little sunshine with the announcements of all of the franchise enhancements, improved tackle engine, broadcast camera angles, slick stat overlays etc. The game looks like it is finally going to deliver big time.

Come on man. Let us bathe in the positive news. And I hope you get to enjoy the game as well.

It's all good.

I don't understand what you mean. Please tell me where I am raining on someone's parade, and bashing the game? I have said not a single bad thing about the game in this thread. I have also been cautiously optimistic in my posts about the new additions, in other threads.

I think you guys are seeing something that isn't there.

# 57 Dbrentonbuck @ 05/20/11 10:00 PM
Back on topic...

One thing I would like to know is if it is still easier to get sacks with the strong side DE vs. weak side DE. This is the opposite of how it should be, but this has been an issue with madden forever. If you don't believe me, try it. Play a whole game as the weak side DE and then play the same team with the strong side DE. Tell me who you got more pressure/sacks with.

# 58 paytonfan28 @ 05/20/11 10:22 PM
Are trades done the same way as head coach now too with counter offers and such?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

# 59 Danimal @ 05/21/11 12:44 AM
I'm going to make this simple. Any more attacking people in this thread is going to be met with a ban.

# 60 guaps @ 05/21/11 06:02 AM
Were you able to experience Dynamic Gameplans? I haven't been able to find any proper information about it yet.

According to the franchise blog it does change from year to year, but how dynamic is it? Does it adjust for individual games during the season, or even during games if a key player gets injured in, say, the 1st half?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.