Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

EA's Ben Haumiller has posted an introductory blog today explaining that there will be a bunch of blogs this week about the changes made to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12. The full schedule can be found below.

Coaching Carousel: 5/24
Custom Playbooks: 5/25
Web Improvements: 5/25
Custom Conferences: 5/26
Dynasty Tuning: 5/27

Source - Dynasty Overview (EA)

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lexus97man @ 05/23/11 12:49 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!

# 2 HoundsOfHowl @ 05/23/11 12:52 PM
Sweet! Sounds like
A big week!

# 3 DorianDonP @ 05/23/11 12:55 PM
So basically, they posted a blog telling us they will be posting blogs. Sigh. lol.

I just noticed something that will kind of suck. They say we can edit the BCS bowl tie-ins, but what about the other bowl tie ins? So if I make the Mountain West a super conference and make the Big 12 a scrub conference, it will be the Big 12 teams going to the Cotton Bowl instead of the Mountain West super conference teams.

I guess these are things they can build on for the future. But I'm already going to have to re-think the custom conferences I have written down on paper, because the bowl season will be completely broken with the way I have it.

# 4 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/23/11 12:59 PM
I like that it seems, from that screenshot, that you can get fired as a HC and hired by another team as a coordinator. Good stuff.

This also stood out for me: "Conferences can have as few as four schools and a max of 16 schools; however independents can have as few as one member and a max of 32 schools."

# 5 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/11 01:01 PM
Man the new coaching mode sounds awsome. Can you say HeadCoach 09 style. I might have to try the coaching mode for a little bit to see how it does. But I wheather play as the players more then anything. The coaching deal can get old in a hurry depending on who you are tho. Overall the blog looks good and getting more excited by the day. Less then 2 months left before ncaa12 comes out.

# 6 PaperBoyx703 @ 05/23/11 01:01 PM
A blog for upcoming blogs. Title of this thread should Schedule of Upcoming Blogs or something along those lines.

# 7 brza37 @ 05/23/11 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I just noticed something that will kind of suck. They say we can edit the BCS bowl tie-ins, but what about the other bowl tie ins? So if I make the Mountain West a super conference and make the Big 12 a scrub conference, it will be the Big 12 teams going to the Cotton Bowl instead of the Mountain West super conference teams.
No, in the gameinformer video it shows that you can select any conference for any Bowl tie-in.

# 8 BleacherBum2310 @ 05/23/11 01:04 PM
Awesome!

Sounds like a Big week..

# 9 DorianDonP @ 05/23/11 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
No, in the gameinformer video it shows that you can select any conference for any Bowl tie-in.
Link?....hoping to God that's true.

# 10 cts @ 05/23/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
So basically, they posted a blog telling us they will be posting blogs. Sigh. lol.
I was thinking the same thing.

# 11 BenGerman @ 05/23/11 01:07 PM
Good stuff. Tomorrow and Friday are the blogs I really care about.

# 12 cts @ 05/23/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Good stuff. Tomorrow and Friday are the blogs I really care about.
+1

I'm not much into changing conferences, online stuff, and all that.

# 13 canes21 @ 05/23/11 01:09 PM
Well, that was a let down. It's cool we'll have info coming out all week though.

# 14 cts @ 05/23/11 01:10 PM
Hopefully since the embargo has been lifted, some other sources will drop some info today.

# 15 K0ZZ @ 05/23/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
I only saw BCS Bowls, any chance you can grab a screenshot bro? Would be nice to level out some of the Bowl Games.

# 16 EvanRG @ 05/23/11 01:10 PM
Quote:

I guess these are things they can build on for the future. But I'm already going to have to re-think the custom conferences I have written down on paper, because the bowl season will be completely broken with the way I have it.
No, you can change any BCS bowl tie-ins to any conference you want. In the Game Informer Dynasty video posted today they showed the Rose Bowl with a Mac vs Sun Belt change.

ADD: This blog was disappointing lol. The one thing I do LOVE that he confirmed is that you can change conference alignment after EVERY season. WOOT!

So like right now with Alabama destroying me in the SEC I can ship them off... lol

# 17 rwk2009 @ 05/23/11 01:12 PM
The ability to change conferences at the end of each season is HUGE. Finally will be able to take the teams that are playing really well in the bad conferences and pull them into the bigger ones in online dynasty. That is gonna be wonderful.

# 18 volstopfan14 @ 05/23/11 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
+1

I'm not much into changing conferences, online stuff, and all that.
I completely agree, although I probably will put TCU in the Big East and make the changes that really heppened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
No, you can change any BCS bowl tie-ins to any conference you want. In the Game Informer Dynasty video posted today they showed the Rose Bowl with a Mac vs Sun Belt change.
I believe he is asking about non-BCS bowls

# 19 NDAlum @ 05/23/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG

ADD: This blog was disappointing lol. The one thing I do LOVE that he confirmed is that you can change conference alignment after EVERY season. WOOT!

So like right now with Alabama destroying me in the SEC I can ship them off... lol
That is pretty freaking awesome! That could really keep dynasty fresh...

I might replace a couple Independents with schools that will eventually be in conferences...

Of course ND will forever be independent!

# 20 DorianDonP @ 05/23/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
I think you're mistaken. I closely watched the video and they only showed BCS bowls. And there has been no mention in the blogs that you can edit the tie-in for ALL bowl games. It just says BCS games. Maybe they will elaborate in detail in the future blog, but so far I don't see anywhere that it says you could edit for example the Outback Bowl and make it a ACC vs Pac 10 matchup.

With people likely making a ton of changes to conference, they may experience a broken post-season if you are not allowed to edit all bowl tie-ins.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.