Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The Gaming Tailgate has posted a bunch of specific and in-depth details about Dynasty mode that might not find their way into standard previews and press releases. These details come via a community-based Q&A session, and as with most Q&As about very specific details, there is more negatives than positives to be found here.

One negative thing coming from the Q&A is the confirmation about the lack of individual coaching ratings, which means the Coaching Carousel loses a bit of luster. If you put the pieces of the puzzle together, you sort of already knew this was coming based on some of the details that had previously been released about Dynasty mode, but it's still a little disappointing to hear. However, coach prestige will impact results during simulations, and it will still impact recruiting via the "pitches" previously in the game. These caveats should not be overlooked. Since coaches will now recruit for their playbook and style of play, if you take over a job and want to recruit for a new system, that will provide a whole new layer of challenge that was not there previously.

In addition, you can't hire your own coordinators once you're the head coach, and really, why would you if the coaches don't have ratings -- the only thing playing a part in the decision would be the playbook at that point, and you have control of that if you want. However, if you want an extra layer of challenge, you could build your team based off each coordinator's playbook, which could change your recruiting strategy at various points because the CPU Athletic Director could hire/fire coordinators.

On the positive side of things, it does seem it will be a slow burn to get from a "D" prestige to an "A" prestige level. You can also share coaches within the roster, so roster makers can now edit all the coaches in addition to all the players. Continuing with the customization positives, you can edit conferences throughout a dynasty, not just before the first year. Lastly, early signs point to simulated stats being more on point this year.

Head over to The Gaming Tailgate to get the rest of the details.

Source - Dynasty Info Q&A Thread (The Gaming Tailgate)

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 prowler @ 05/23/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Do you still have to swap teams out so that a Teambuilder team can be in a dynasty?

Yes. You are still limited to 120 teams in your dynasty.
That one stings a little.

# 2 MSU124 @ 05/23/11 01:41 PM
I was wondering this too.

So all that changes is the playbook and that one area of recruiting: coaching prestige. I don't get it?

What does a school get when it hires a coach? A play book change?

# 3 Roggie @ 05/23/11 01:42 PM
Now will everyone finally rage like they did when I predicted this?

# 4 canes21 @ 05/23/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
I was wondering this too.

So all that changes is the playbook and that one area of recruiting: coaching prestige. I don't get it?

What does a school get when it hires a coach? A play book change?
Thats it. If we can play as a school only and hire and fire coaches, then hiring a D- coach will not hurt you anymore than if you hired an A+ coach. Since most recruits don't care about coach prestige and it rarely pops up while recruiting, it doesn't really matter who your coach is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Now will everyone finally rage like they did when I predicted this?
I've been raging since we first saw the video and article from IGN and there was no mention of it. I guess we'll have to stick to following each other's legacies in 2k8 because this game is noy going to own my 360 like 2k8 does.

# 5 Nicejob3532 @ 05/23/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post60804

Coach ratings are not in, as the HC you don't control who your coordinators are, and from other previews schools factor in the playbook when hiring a coach.

So, it looks like the CC is a big waste this year to me. If the only thing we are going to see is the name of coaches changing and possibly playbooks, then that is pretty much pointless to have. Sure it might add some flavor to have Duke become a Pro Style team after 4 years, but that may not even happen. If schools factor in playbooks into hiring, then does that mean Missouri only hires coaches with 4-3 playbooks and a Shotgun based offense? If thats the case, then teams aren't even going to change styles.

I like the direction EA is headed with the franchise, but I would have preferred they not implement CC into this years game, but put it in next year with actual features that make it worth it. After playing Choops 2k8 so much(still do to this day), EA's carousel looks like a joke and probably isn't going to affect Dynasty Mode that much at all.
It's the first year that they are implementing this relax.

# 6 canes21 @ 05/23/11 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
And it is also done 5% complete. What makes the coaching carousel so important is the affects of coaches on a team. Since they have no ratings, they don't affect the teams, so it is pretty much pointless. There is no risk in hiring a F Prestige Coach besides getting hurt on one little recruiting pitch.

# 7 MSU124 @ 05/23/11 01:46 PM
I still think they could have done a better job, first year or not. I was really excited about CC until I sat back and thought about it

# 8 Nicejob3532 @ 05/23/11 01:46 PM
Quote:
Thats it. If we can play as a school only and hire and fire coaches, then hiring a D- coach will not hurt you anymore than if you hired an A+ coach. Since most recruits don't care about coach prestige and it rarely pops up while recruiting, it doesn't really matter who your coach is.
Coach Prestige and Coordinator Prestige have an effect on simulations. While it won't have an effect on game play if you sim a game it will effect your teams preformance.

# 9 Roggie @ 05/23/11 01:47 PM
Quote:

I've been raging since we first saw the video and article from IGN and there was no mention of it. I guess we'll have to stick to following each other's legacies in 2k8 because this game is noy going to own my 360 like 2k8 does.
You were maybe one of two people who agreed with me that it would end up this way. Everyone else just flipped out and then celebrated when my prediction came true. I just don't understand how people aren't ticked about it being half-assed.

# 10 dan_457 @ 05/23/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
Agreed, I didn't even honestly expect a CC at all, and pretty much the only CC anyone expected was a half Assed one. I wouldn't call this CC half assed at all though, more like restricted, due to time. I've got faith that EA will further expand on the CC next year, and I normally have no faith in EA at all, but they've proved to me that they actually care.

# 11 canes21 @ 05/23/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You were maybe one of two people who agreed with me that it would end up this way. Everyone else just flipped out and then celebrated when my prediction came true. I just don't understand how people aren't ticked about it being half-assed.
I know. When I wished for a coaching carousel I wanted ratings to be the big factor. I wouldn't care if playbooks never changed in year one, but I do care about ratings.

I think most people here just haven't played 2k8 so they really don't know how a carousel should be done and when done correctly how big a feature it is.

# 12 Da Hype Iz Real @ 05/23/11 01:49 PM
Maybe would could wait for the full blog before passing judgment where they clarify everything instead of the tidbits we got.

# 13 JalenTigh @ 05/23/11 01:50 PM
Wow... the whole CC stuff just lost 90% of its appeal for me...

# 14 DorianDonP @ 05/23/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
I still think they could have done a better job, first year or not. I was really excited about CC until I sat back and thought about it
Agreed. And even the other additions haven't been done correctly. It's really disappointing.

# 15 PikeJR23 @ 05/23/11 01:53 PM
I disagree...I think this is better than nothing. Also, in the link you posted it said the two ratings you can edit for coaches is prestige and job security. That will make a tremendous difference. In NCAA 11 guys like Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Mack brown would lose their jobs for no reason at all. Hopefully with job security this is eliminated. Also guys like Rich Rod last year would go 8-4 and not be fired b/c the game didn't know that Rich Rod in real life was already on the hot seat at a prestigous school, so he wouldn't be fired.

Also the guy said that prestige is kind of like an overall rating of a coach so it will make a difference if we are able to establish who the elite coaches are (Saban, Stoops, Miles, Brown, Tressel, etc.) and who are the guys who shouldn't be considered at top tier schools. Also, with the addition of alma mater I'm assuming that this will have weight in the way college hire the next coach which is realistic. In the videos everything is generic as far as coaches/coordinators go so once we put in the realistic coaches/coordinators we may see less randomness. Because in the videos I see there are ALOT of generic A+ coordinators which there really shouldn't be any at all. If prestige is a raw overall of a coach then no coordinator should be an A+. And once that is eliminated you'll probably see teams stick with their B+ coach who's having a down year rather than go with the C coordinator who's had a great year with a team. Just saying, you might want to see how it works out before we condemn it.

# 16 PaperBoyx703 @ 05/23/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Wow... the whole CC stuff just lost 90% of its appeal for me...
Yeah I kinda just deflated. But Ill be done if the blog confirms these new lil developments.

Dont get me wrong, I will still buy the game, I've dealt with no CC in Dynasty before and I can deal with a less than gratifying one.

This game is just losing it hype.

It like eating a thick doughnut with frosting on top, hoping to meet some filling only to be left with plain old doughnut that looked promising from the outside but utter disapointment in the end, but you still eat it.

# 17 DorianDonP @ 05/23/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeJR23
I disagree...I think this is better than nothing. Also, in the link you posted it said the two ratings you can edit for coaches is prestige and job security. That will make a tremendous difference. In NCAA 11 guys like Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Mack brown would lose their jobs for no reason at all. Hopefully with job security this is eliminated. Also guys like Rich Rod last year would go 8-4 and not be fired b/c the game didn't know that Rich Rod in real life was already on the hot seat at a prestigous school, so he wouldn't be fired.

Also the guy said that prestige is kind of like an overall rating of a coach so it will make a difference if we are able to establish who the elite coaches are (Saban, Stoops, Miles, Brown, Tressel, etc.) and who are the guys who shouldn't be considered at top tier schools. Also, with the addition of alma mater I'm assuming that this will have weight in the way college hire the next coach which is realistic. In the videos everything is generic as far as coaches/coordinators go so once we put in the realistic coaches/coordinators we may see less randomness. Because in the videos I see there are ALOT of generic A+ coordinators which there really shouldn't be any at all. If prestige is a raw overall of a coach then no coordinator should be an A+. And once that is eliminated you'll probably see teams stick with their B+ coach who's having a down year rather than go with the C coordinator who's had a great year with a team. Just saying, you might want to see how it works out before we condemn it.
Based on that Q&A, you can't edit those ratings while in dynasty. Everything would have to be done before you start the dynasty.

# 18 MSU124 @ 05/23/11 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeJR23

But it doesn't matter if the stick with their B+ coach or hire a new one, the team will play the exact same.

# 19 PikeJR23 @ 05/23/11 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Based on that Q&A, you can't edit those ratings while in dynasty. Everything would have to be done before you start the dynasty.
Right that's the point. Like I said, if it were NCAA11 and Rich Rod had a down year in Year 1 of your dynasty he would not be fired. Where as in real life we both know what happened after this previous season. It wouldn't have happened w/o job security being in. Also, when Rich Rod was fired in NCAA11 they would still run the same spread, same playbook, same philosophy. That's an improvement even if it is cosmetic. And the guy also said "3) They do not effect during gameplay, however during simulations, the prestige rating does effect performance", so it does matter if you have Nick Saban (A+) versus someone like Dabo Swinney (C+). I'm just going by the info given so far. With the upcoming blogs and the embargo lifted I'm sure more clarity will be given on this but I think it's an upgrade for sure.

# 20 Roggie @ 05/23/11 02:04 PM
Pike, first off, NOBODY said they'd rather have nothing than this. We're all saying that they left out the most important part.

Second, the "ratings" coaches are given have ZERO effect on the performance of your team. That's the issue.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.