Home
NHL 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted information on some of the NHL 12 improvements to the sim engine, BAP, presentation and puck physics.

Quote:
"Also new this year is the ability start your career as a 15 year-old in the CHL. From there, it's off to the AHL before finally making it to the NHL as your journey from teenager to All-Star continues."

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 FBeaule04 @ 05/31/11 04:05 PM
I'll believe when I see. I won't hold my breath on these adjustements.

I guess there's too much time spent on programming goalie interference, glass breaking and new ways to improve hitting that was so soft in NHL 11.

Maybe they will improve these things, but until proven, I'm a doubter!

# 22 goosedennis @ 05/31/11 07:36 PM
Shattered glass animation looks like ****

# 23 ComaFaction @ 05/31/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
This? This sounds like just what I've been asking for, for a couple years now. Hope they managed to pull it all off.
Absolutely. It sounds very encouraging. Hopefully access to statistics is not only easier in-game, but throughout BeaGM and Season Modes.

# 24 onlybygrace @ 06/01/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
"Another thing we really tried to capture is a cohesive television package. Last year we started a partnership with a company that does graphics for everyone from ESPN to The Golf Channel, so this is our second year working with them on the art direction of the game. It's a cleaner, flashier, sleeker look to the game this year where in years past we tended to focus on the dirtier elements of hockey with the scratches on the ice and dirty snow. You see this new look in all of our screen wipes, overlays, and menus."

The team also focused heavily on the game's broadcast replay package. "When you see three or four big saves or a bunch of big hits, we have a new replay package that will give you the broadcast package with the player's name flashing across the screen," explains Ramjagsingh. "And anytime you pause the game, you'll see the EA Sports Action Tracker with all of the stats on the screen. You'll see all the shots you've taken, where you've taken them from, where you're shooting on the net ... just making all of the stats we track under the hood available for you to analyze."

Add to that a completely new simulation engine that was created from scratch for "NHL 12," and we are just scratching the surface of this incredible looking game."

This? This sounds like just what I've been asking for, for a couple years now. Hope they managed to pull it all off.
Totally...presentation was going to be my make or break factor in buying NHL 12. Sounds like they might have come through. We'll see.

# 25 canuxrok @ 06/02/11 01:09 AM
meh...
no multiplayer franchise means no buy for me.
we'll see.

# 26 nddurst @ 06/02/11 03:12 PM
I'd like to see the "inside the net" camera on replays, especially those that involve the goalie getting run over and on certain goals (where the puck barely crosses the line).

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.