Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA SPORTS revealed today the official pack art for Madden NFL 12, featuring Cleveland Browns running back, Peyton Hillis on the cover. Hillis was chosen by fans as the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete through a five week voting campaign anchored by ESPN SportsNation. The Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote was the most successful fan engagement campaign in EA and ESPN history with more than 12 million votes in total.

For the first time in franchise history, EA SPORTS invited fans and media to take part in the live cover shoot of Madden NFL 12. A staged set was built on Military Island in the heart of Times Square, on Thursday, April 28th, hosting both football fans and media alike.

EA SPORTS also announced today the limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition, featuring former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk on the cover. Available on August 30th for the retail price of $89.99, a limited run of 125,000 copies of the Hall of Fame Edition will be available exclusively in the United States* for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360®. Marshall Faulk will be the first Madden NFL cover athlete to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year. The limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition will include:

· Premium bronze, foil embossed cover featuring Marshall Faulk

· Full version of Madden NFL 12 video game

· Autographed Panini Card – Madden NFL and Panini, the world leader in published collectables, have teamed up to create the ultimate Madden NFL trading card featuring 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Marshall Faulk. Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, each hand-signed by Faulk. One solid, 18k gold autographed card will be randomly inserted into one Xbox 360® and one PlayStation®3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history.

· Exclusive Madden Ultimate Team Platinum Pack –The perfect combination of Madden NFL, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. The Hall of Fame Edition provides a Madden Ultimate Team experience like never before with the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes, including: Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Eddie George, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Vince Young, Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL and are fully renewable with contract extensions, which is sure to make them some of the most sought after cards in Ultimate Team history.

*The Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition is only for sale in the United States.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Senator Palmer @ 05/31/11 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Also I bet Faulk did sign all of those cards... it's not really that hard, seeing as one signature takes 3-4 seconds
If the number were 500 or even 1000, I might buy it, but getting a guy like Marshall Faulk to take time out of his schedule and sign 125,000 individual cards over such a small period of time is a stretch to say the least.

125,000 is a huge number.

# 42 kingkilla56 @ 05/31/11 03:04 PM
You guys are drunk thinking anybody signs these cards.

# 43 jwilphl @ 05/31/11 03:06 PM
Wow these are pretty unappealing. I know we have guys here on OS that can do better covers. That Faulk cover just looks like a picture of him run through a cheap PS filter. Calling it "premium" does not make it any better. Bleh.

Are people really going to spend $90 for that? The only extra game content is an ultimate team pack.

# 44 TDenverFan @ 05/31/11 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You guys are drunk thinking anybody signs these cards.
I mean it says the cards were hand-signed

# 45 WildeCane @ 05/31/11 03:30 PM
Even if he did sign the 125k then the value of his signiture would drop so much that it would be worth nothing anyway

# 46 TDenverFan @ 05/31/11 03:32 PM
True... I'm not convinced they were all signed by him, but I'd bet they're all signed by someone (Faulk's agent's brother's kid's girlfriend's parent's cousin's former college roomate, perhaps?)

# 47 bigdfan76 @ 05/31/11 03:35 PM
I don't care about the standard cover or the bronze Faulk cover. Although I am glad Mick 'the dog killer" Vick didn't make it. I always use a custom cover anyway. I made the mistake of getting the 20th anniversary cover in 09 and I ended up selling it to a gamestop probablly like I do every year with my year old sports titles.

# 48 jmurphy31 @ 05/31/11 03:36 PM
I asked this in the other thread but it got closed...

Do you think it means anything when they bullet Full Version of Madden 12? Could it mean it will include all the DLC stuff (some that we don't know know about).

That statement makes me a little nervous about having to purchase parts of the game...but I could be reading way too much into it and if so I appologize

# 49 jyoung @ 05/31/11 04:06 PM
Looks like he's trying to run away from the city of Cleveland.

Just look at those eyes, they scream: "GET ME OUTTA' THIS CITY!"

# 50 Altimus @ 05/31/11 04:10 PM
The cover looks nice but not worth the extra money, especially since I don't play the Ultimate Team mode.

# 51 RustyBlue @ 05/31/11 04:54 PM
They should have put a HOFer from the Cleveland Browns

# 52 TrapStar215 @ 05/31/11 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
. I know we have guys here on OS that can do better covers.
:-D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 53 darknmild @ 05/31/11 05:02 PM
What's wrong with the Hillis cover? Not a damn thing smh.

# 54 LorenzoDC @ 05/31/11 05:54 PM
I'll never understand why anyone give's a rat's *** about the cover.

The game is either worth buying or it isn't.

Does anyone really spend time looking at the cover, or do you look at the screen you're playing on?

# 55 ThisIsReality @ 05/31/11 07:46 PM
Alright, I appreciate Marshall Faulk getting some love from EA but whatever colour filter they used on it is ridiculous. Marshall didn't play in the days where television looked like that!

# 56 jmurphy31 @ 05/31/11 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
Alright, I appreciate Marshall Faulk getting some love from EA but whatever colour filter they used on it is ridiculous. Marshall didn't play in the days where television looked like that!
I think they just took his cover and bronzed it like you would a bust going into the hall of fame.

# 57 Skyboxer @ 05/31/11 09:41 PM
[•Autographed Marshall Faulk Card - Madden NFL and Panini have teamed up to create the Ultimate Madden NFL trading card featuring 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Marshall Faulk. Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, featuring a personally hand-signed autograph from Marshall himself.

Sounds like he did sign them to me...
of course they could have gotten someone to sign for him but if that ever got out then I'm sure there would be a huge uproar.

# 58 ScoobySnax @ 05/31/11 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Is that why? Then there should be a few other hundred covers lol.

What is so HOF about this years title? And where is the juice to it? The 20 year anniversary was a damn HOF bundle.
LOL Agreed.

I don't see where the significance is to have a HOF edition.

# 59 Skyboxer @ 05/31/11 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
LOL Agreed.

I don't see where the significance is to have a HOF edition.
Because Faulk is the first Madden cover athlete to be inducted into Hall Of Fame...

# 60 LingeringRegime @ 06/01/11 12:17 AM
So, you can pay 90 bucks to get an unfair boost in Ultimate Team? It is this type of stuff that really pisses me off as a video gamer who buys more games than 99% of the world population. SMFH.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.