Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 blkrptnt819 @ 05/31/11 01:46 PM
Nothing new but a nice video nonetheless.

# 2 canes21 @ 05/31/11 01:54 PM
They couldn't have picked any two guys that would be more excited than the two in the video. They were ecstatic to be making the video.

# 3 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/31/11 02:05 PM
Now Mike has to write part 2 of his game play blog.........

# 4 BenGerman @ 05/31/11 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
This just seems like too much for me man.
What do you mean exactly?

I'm probably just going to keep it simple. 2 playbooks, 1 offensive, 1 defensive. I'll use those primarily, and if I ever get bored create a new one then. When I do start a Dynasty, I want my Coach to have a distinct style of play that I stick with throughout his career. I'm looking forward to setting playbooks up as I wait for a good roster set to come out.

# 5 illwill10 @ 05/31/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
What do you mean exactly?

I'm probably just going to keep it simple. 2 playbooks, 1 offensive, 1 defensive. I'll use those primarily, and if I ever get bored create a new one then. When I do start a Dynasty, I want my Coach to have a distinct style of play that I stick with throughout his career. I'm looking forward to setting playbooks up as I wait for a good roster set to come out.
me too. I am only doing one dynasty. I am doing a long dynasty. 1 offensive PB and 1 Def PB.

# 6 bigdfan76 @ 05/31/11 04:36 PM
Can't wait! Custom playbooks, custom conferences, coaching carousel! I know some of the fearures are in they're infancy but man... I'm trying to figure out were to start. Which playbook's base will best serve me? Where do I want to start as a OC or DC? What will my conferences look like in 5 years?

# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/31/11 04:45 PM
I am going to make a playbook for each style of offense and each style of defense.

# 8 WipeOut464 @ 05/31/11 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
me too. I am only doing one dynasty. I am doing a long dynasty. 1 offensive PB and 1 Def PB.
To each their own, man. But I'm definitely making custom tweaked Power Running, Spread Option-Run Heavy, and Flex/Wishbone books. Maybe a Wildcat-centric one too. Plus I imagine I'll tweak then to my personnel most years. Only wish we could do custom package subs too. Viva variety, you know.

# 9 rollinphat @ 05/31/11 05:11 PM
questions:

1) if you select the Florida playbook as your base is your "style" spread even if you only have I formations in it?

2) hopefully they got rid of position minimums but if not then how will they decide them with custom playbooks? again..based on "style"? so I could have 30 I formations and be considered a spread team and only need 1 fullback on my roster? (using 2011 as an example)

# 10 WipeOut464 @ 05/31/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
questions:

1) if you select the Florida playbook as your base is your "style" spread even if you only have I formations in it?

2) hopefully they got rid of position minimums but if not then how will they decide them with custom playbooks? again..based on "style"? so I could have 30 I formations and be considered a spread team and only need 1 fullback on my roster? (using 2011 as an example)
See this incredible piece of investigative journalism/other thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ase-names.html

# 11 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/31/11 05:58 PM
Enjoyed the video, nothing new but still cool to see them going through the different screens.

Looking like this is what I'm going to be doing when I get the game

# 12 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/31/11 06:00 PM
I can see messing around with this for a solid two weeks before I even dive into dynasty this year.

# 13 WipeOut464 @ 05/31/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I can see messing around with this for a solid two weeks before I even dive into dynasty this year.
Yuuup. Definitely gonna be labbing the custom playbooks while waiting for the rosters to come in.

# 14 illwill10 @ 05/31/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I will definitely play way more play-now games before I start a Dynasty(including waiting for named rosters). I will make sure I have a good playbook. It is one of the first things Ill do
1. Look at the menus.
2. Upload Teambuilder Team
3. Create a Custom Playbook
4. Set All Sliders
5. Play a few a games, add/remove more plays, then play more games
6. Start a RTG.

# 15 rollinphat @ 05/31/11 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
See this incredible piece of investigative journalism/other thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ase-names.html
Thanks for the link. Sounds like its got some issues that they still need to iron out

# 16 Da Hype Iz Real @ 05/31/11 07:45 PM
Anybody else curious about that Shotgun Short Snap Formation ?

# 17 walshcav @ 05/31/11 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
Anybody else curious about that Shotgun Short Snap Formation ?
I'm guessing short snap = Pistol formation

# 18 SteelerSpartan @ 05/31/11 09:18 PM
argh...

what about saving specific personnel packages????

Say you want your one trick pony elite speed rusher to only come in on obvious passing downs......

can we set this up through the menus and have these special packages load up when we select that team for play now/online games.....

Last year this was so freaking tedious...we'd have to go in make these changes every time we played a play now game

# 19 bruinkid626 @ 06/01/11 01:53 AM
Love the name of the play at 4:09.

# 20 blkrptnt819 @ 06/01/11 07:31 AM
I see Ace 4wr is a new formation

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.