Home
Madden 12 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 12 screenshots, featuring Marshall Faulk.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 statum71 @ 05/31/11 11:03 PM
They all look good. But that one with Spencer looks like an actual photo.

Great shots.

# 22 canes21 @ 05/31/11 11:19 PM
If that game plays half as good as it looks, then we're in for a real treat.

Anyone get it?

# 23 jack1535 @ 05/31/11 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
looks great...plays like crud.
How do you know? Have you played it before?

The graphics look great. I hope this means we get classic teams.

# 24 fsufan4423 @ 06/01/11 12:08 AM
I wonder if you will only get this level of graphics in replay while zoomed in, like NCAA 11?

# 25 radatdude2 @ 06/01/11 12:12 AM
Marshall Marshall Marshall .... These are some hot screens. I just hope i dont have to use replay to enjoy them.

# 26 mrmass413 @ 06/01/11 12:30 AM
the game looks really good...but what got me crazy is the white on his arm from the lines on the field that looks so amazing and that grass....thing of beauty

# 27 statum71 @ 06/01/11 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
looks great...plays like crud.
I don't believe you know that yet.

# 28 SMK121 @ 06/01/11 12:46 AM
The first pic looks crazy good. Madden is really looking impressive this year in the graphics department. Also nice to see Faulk getting some love.

I hate to nitpick here, and it's really a tiny, miniscule problem. But, in terms of quick fixes, the Madden team should add sidelines like the ones in APF 2K8. It didn't really add anything gameplay wise, but seeing players actually move about realistically on the sidelines, or running down the sidelines while their teammate breaks off a big gain is really cool. In that first screen, the only thing that detracts from it is that the sideline isn't even looking at the runner. In fact, they are all just standing looking off into space I presume. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but something that would be cool if fixed.

# 29 illwill10 @ 06/01/11 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I don't believe you know that yet.
Yea, I am anxious to see how Player Traits affect gameplay. Hopefully it does what it is supposed to. So I Brady and a lower QB who is similar to him doesnt play alike. Before if players have similar playstyles no matter the ratings they played alike. Just like 2 99 LBs will play alike even though they play differently IRL

# 30 da ThRONe @ 06/01/11 12:54 AM
Every still pic I rave about the player models. This pic is no different.

Jaw
^floor

# 31 illwill10 @ 06/01/11 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Every still pic I rave about the player models. This pic is no different.

Jaw
^floor
Player Models/Graphics and Player Traits are the two things make me want to play Madden the most. Not knowing if we can have more then 10 picks in a draft,even though it is small, is a big deal to me. If Player Traits work like they are suppose to, then gameplay will look good. It can make players play lifelike and differently

# 32 ODogg @ 06/01/11 01:01 AM
Madden's almost always looked great in individual still screen-shots. Where it looks poor is when things start moving. Sorry but I'm not getting all excited about this, although they do look really good, the problem has never really been graphics but animations and the physics.

# 33 da ThRONe @ 06/01/11 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Player Models/Graphics and Player Traits are the two things make me want to play Madden the most. Not knowing if we can have more then 10 picks in a draft,even though it is small, is a big deal to me. If Player Traits work like they are suppose to, then gameplay will look good. It can make players play lifelike and differently
If tendencies works properly it's better than NCAA off that alone. Pretty much all the animation and gameplay upgrades are in both.

Right now Madden has outstanding player models and tendencies. Two of my biggest issues with sports games. Please please drastically improve rating specific moves next year and where looking at maybe the best Sports title ever in 2013(ofcourse that's if everything work properly).

# 34 ceeejay @ 06/01/11 02:08 AM
Theres no way in hell that that is a screen of what we will actually be seeing on 360 or ps3. They are still using the same engine as last year right? It is simply not capable of these kind of visuals on the ps3 and 360. look at the grass....everything looks crazy real.

When I pause madden 11 and zoom in I dont see anything even remotely
like that. Eveything is muddy and blurry.

Ill believe it when Im playing it. Thats the kind of thing I will expect from
the next generation of consoles.

# 35 TreyIM2 @ 06/01/11 06:01 AM
I had to process those pics, mentally, a few times - Wow! At the same time, it's not the game in motion. I expect animations, overall, to get a complete overhaul, next year nut either way, this game is as good as copped. I wish the pump fake would be moved to the r-stick like NCAA 11, tho...

# 36 babyfat9 @ 06/01/11 07:32 AM
Looks good, hopefully classic teams make a comeback. Thus far this game graphically looks the best so far on Next Gen consoles as it should.

# 37 PSRusse83 @ 06/01/11 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I had to process those pics, mentally, a few times - Wow! At the same time, it's not the game in motion. I expect animations, overall, to get a complete overhaul, next year nut either way, this game is as good as copped. I wish the pump fake would be moved to the r-stick like NCAA 11, tho...
I think it has been this year. They said that directional pump faking was in.

# 38 Only1LT @ 06/01/11 10:17 AM
A lot to like in those pics. Some, to not like as well.

The one thing that jumps out at me, and I'm not sure if this is due to the capture method used, or if it is still early in development, or what, but from the looks of those pics, the game is in need of some AA. There is a lot of stair stepping going on.

Overall they are pretty good though.

# 39 Only1LT @ 06/01/11 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
lol, i wonder what nfl 2k fanboys are saying now. Game looks fantastic cant wait to get ncaa and madden
That they want 2K to come back...?

# 40 coogrfan @ 06/01/11 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK121
The first pic looks crazy good. Madden is really looking impressive this year in the graphics department. Also nice to see Faulk getting some love.

I hate to nitpick here, and it's really a tiny, miniscule problem. But, in terms of quick fixes, the Madden team should add sidelines like the ones in APF 2K8. It didn't really add anything gameplay wise, but seeing players actually move about realistically on the sidelines, or running down the sidelines while their teammate breaks off a big gain is really cool. In that first screen, the only thing that detracts from it is that the sideline isn't even looking at the runner. In fact, they are all just standing looking off into space I presume. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but something that would be cool if fixed.
The problem with doing that is that APF's sidelines were such a huge cpu resource hog that VC had to cut corners in other areas. The result was a game with dreadful field textures, poorly rendered player models with little or no variation in body types, and player faces that took the "uncanny valley effect" to new heights of creepiness. In short, from a purely visual standpoint APF was little more than a glorified xbox title.

Given the limitations of the current consoles, EA's decision to focus their graphical resources on the action between the lines is the correct one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.