Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 roadman @ 06/04/11 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I feel you. But it can never be said that I'm a *****. You know how much time and all of the long-winded posts about wanting this game to be good. Now I'll grant I was always Mr. Fifa and praised it all the time on this board. But only to say "hey, Madden could be this and benefit from this tech." I really want Madden to be the best it can be. I love my Bengals and have played Madden for a long time. Since 93 on my Sega Genesis. But I'm not that big a Madden addict to say that this game is top notch. It's almost in Triple Play territory with me. It's about time for a MVP-like makeover.

There are guys like Michael Young and Donny Moore who I can see are busting their collective chops trying to hide all of the blemishes. Problem is this game is a blonde. A pretty blonde, yet still BLONDE. You can paint over the warts to a point. But we all know that this games problems are in the brains of the game, not the pretty part. You can make the game have presntation values and depth, you can make the players attempt to move around in the way that it looks like they fixed zones, but they just slide differently. I maintain that this series needs a basic "engine"-level makeover. Tweaking the code ain't enough, it needs reworked. Fifa got $40 million from Peter Moore for a reboot. They need to put the same money into Madden. Seeing as it is the cash cow. Oh wait, WAS the cash cow.... That would now be Fifa...
You would think Moore would sink something similar into the flagship of the franchise to reboot the game, but no, instead we get the future is in MUT and "extras" to charge the customers.

# 122 PSRusse83 @ 06/04/11 01:19 PM
Photobucket

# 123 PSRusse83 @ 06/04/11 01:20 PM
Looks like Cutler was posing as Eli in this video.

# 124 guaps @ 06/04/11 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You would think Moore would sink something similar into the flagship of the franchise to reboot the game, but no, instead we get the future is in MUT and "extras" to charge the customers.
True, but as long as Madden sells as 'good' as it does, then they won't get a major capital injection for a couple of reasons.
  • FIFA is priority number one, because it is already the cash cow and there's still a HUGE market out there to capture. Soccer has so many fans worldwide it puts football to shame - EA's wants a bigger piece of that pie.
  • EA's NBA franchise needs to be brought back, which also requires a huge investment.
  • EA has got the exclusive NFL agreement for another couple of years, which basically means they've got nothing to worry about. They'd probably rather spend an additional $40 million on extending the exclusive license for another 8-10 years than on making a better game. I just hope the NFL will copy NBA's approach and allow both 2k and EA to make a game, so EA can spend a little more on development.

# 125 Sourpickes @ 06/04/11 01:37 PM
My favorite part of the whole thing was the QB and the whole line running up to the line on the hurry up to spike the ball! Finally!! Thats always bothered me when trying to do a hurry up and players walked up to the line.

# 126 BrianFifaFan @ 06/04/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
True, but as long as Madden sells as 'good' as it does, then they won't get a major capital injection for a couple of reasons.
  • FIFA is priority number one, because it is already the cash cow and there's still a HUGE market out there to capture. Soccer has so many fans worldwide it puts football to shame - EA's wants a bigger piece of that pie.
  • EA's NBA franchise needs to be brought back, which also requires a huge investment.
  • EA has got the exclusive NFL agreement for another couple of years, which basically means they've got nothing to worry about. They'd probably rather spend an additional $40 million on extending the exclusive license for another 8-10 years than on making a better game. I just hope the NFL will copy NBA's approach and allow both 2k and EA to make a game, so EA can spend a little more on development.
I was trying to stay away from that old, touchy subject. Maybe if they didn't spend soooo much money on being exclusive, they could have a better game. That's not a knock on only Madden. MLB2k has been even more of a bust. Maybe it's karma. Every game that has killed it's comp has turned out to be weak-sauce. EA killed Papyrus in Nascar, and they have never had a great game. Baseball went from 4 pretty good to excellent games to just two, the non-exclusive game (save it being only PS3) being far superior. Maybe it's in EA's best interest to stop spending absurd amounts of money in ways that don't help their cause. Just build the best game and use that to win the war. The NFL can only take you to the cleaners if you play along. Both 2k and EA should say "hey we can make all kinds of games. We bring interest to YOUR sport. How much are you willing to let us make it for?" I'm starting to feel that maybe EA was taken to the cleaners just as much as 2k was. Maybe they really felt they had no choice. The NFL was holding both companies hostage. Through all of this NFL labor mess, it is becoming abundantly clear how money-hungry the NFL management is. Just sayin....

# 127 LambertandHam @ 06/04/11 05:59 PM
Of course I'm nitpicking here, but I just noticed the Eagles defender at :40 looks like he just hit a brick wall. Maybe Eli is that strong

# 128 ODogg @ 06/04/11 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
YEAH! TAKE THAT PHILLY!

other than that this game is still not in my radar....im going to wait a couple of weeks after release and read up on the reactions here on OS
Big mistake, the game is never as great as folks make it out to be 3 days after release nor as bad as folks make it out to be 2 weeks after that.

# 129 nyg92fan @ 06/05/11 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I feel you. But it can never be said that I'm a *****. You know how much time and all of the long-winded posts about wanting this game to be good. Now I'll grant I was always Mr. Fifa and praised it all the time on this board. But only to say "hey, Madden could be this and benefit from this tech." I really want Madden to be the best it can be. I love my Bengals and have played Madden for a long time. Since 93 on my Sega Genesis. But I'm not that big a Madden addict to say that this game is top notch. It's almost in Triple Play territory with me. It's about time for a MVP-like makeover.

There are guys like Michael Young and Donny Moore who I can see are busting their collective chops trying to hide all of the blemishes. Problem is this game is a blonde. A pretty blonde, yet still BLONDE. You can paint over the warts to a point. But we all know that this games problems are in the brains of the game, not the pretty part. You can make the game have presntation values and depth, you can make the players attempt to move around in the way that it looks like they fixed zones, but they just slide differently. I maintain that this series needs a basic "engine"-level makeover. Tweaking the code ain't enough, it needs reworked. Fifa got $40 million from Peter Moore for a reboot. They need to put the same money into Madden. Seeing as it is the cash cow. Oh wait, WAS the cash cow.... That would now be Fifa...

I dont think it could have been said better...

I think we all have to come to the realization that Madden is what it is.. Unfortunately it's just a mediocre football game. As much as they try to hype it up, it's still going to play like it always has. Don't get me wrong the dynamic player perfermance and other things are great upgrades, but until they decide to change the actual game engine, this game will continue to be a dull football game. 7 years and it's still plays the same..? Sad but true...

# 130 LionsFanNJ @ 06/05/11 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeld1
You people are still drinking the cool-aid. This game sucks! People who say its just a video game or have low expectation of the game really don,t know the capability of these generation systems. Try playing All Pro 2k8 and you will see football video game at its best. Run a play and breakdown the replay. Better yet let the computer play the game and watch the play back from EA sports and 2k sports. 2K looks like real football game footage while EA looks like a video game we played in the 90s. I just don't think EA got what it takes to make a great football game. It would be just like the basketball series,no comparison to 2k sports.
So go play APF. You're not changing anyones opinion.

sent from parts unknown

# 131 adembroski @ 06/05/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61woods
To adembroski, is it still possible to tweak the animations so that the receivers have a more authentic/realistic stance at the line of scrimmage? I sure hope that it is not too late to adjust the animations. The stances in Next-gen have always bothered me, and this is how they should be -
Just so everyone knows, I normally don't respond to these types of posts... but I do take note of them. I figure if I start conversing with everyone about their particular concerns, I'll get overloaded. I have a "community concerns" column on my whiteboard-- I was thankfully able to erase a lot of items off that list this year too.

# 132 PJ33 @ 06/06/11 11:42 AM
Wow, what is up with Eli's small head on that huge body?

Also, I know it's a rather small thing but most receivers line up with inside leg (toward the center) forward. It doesn't look right.

# 133 MAzing87 @ 06/06/11 12:04 PM
Why does Eli Manning look like he is on steroids? They really need to make these players close to their actual sizes. Video was alright, that DPP is a nice touch. But after watching that Asante Samuel replay and watched his movements, it still looks unnatural. I skipped M11 last year, so I may upgrade to a rent for M12.

# 134 MAzing87 @ 06/06/11 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg92fan
I dont think it could have been said better...

I think we all have to come to the realization that Madden is what it is.. Unfortunately it's just a mediocre football game. As much as they try to hype it up, it's still going to play like it always has. Don't get me wrong the dynamic player perfermance and other things are great upgrades, but until they decide to change the actual game engine, this game will continue to be a dull football game. 7 years and it's still plays the same..? Sad but true...
Agree with both posts.

# 135 roadman @ 06/06/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Why does Eli Manning look like he is on steroids? They really need to make these players close to their actual sizes. Video was alright, that DPP is a nice touch. But after watching that Asante Samuel replay and watched his movements, it still looks unnatural. I skipped M11 last year, so I may upgrade to a rent for M12.
It's been stated throughout the thread this video was made a long time ago. The real Eli Manning will appear at E3.

# 136 MAzing87 @ 06/06/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's been stated throughout the thread this video was made a long time ago. The real Eli Manning will appear at E3.
Forgive me cuz I haven't been on the madden boards in a while and I didn't see the entire thread. Hopefully, we will see a whole lot more at E3.

# 137 Skyliner80 @ 06/07/11 12:18 AM
So is this like Tecmo Super Bowl's Physical Conditions (Average, Good, Bad, Excellent) with traits?

# 138 k2thaz @ 06/07/11 02:58 AM
Fake for 2 reasons.. The Giants coming back to beat the Eagles and Ernie Sims making a play lol.

the dynamic gets me excited but we'll see.

# 139 PaperBoyx703 @ 06/07/11 09:50 AM
I heard the dynamic commentary but it was way off on the ustream. "HERE COMES THE HEAT(or PRESSURE)!!!" Like way after the sack occurred. But I know its not the final build so Im looking forward to how it actually sounds.

# 140 NDAlum @ 06/07/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Excuse me while I go sign up for un-employment.
Was thinking the same thing...

Hilarious!

Wow did this ever get me excited for the game...oh my

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.