Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 06/03/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
In every way. Dynamically changing the player ratings. Ball hawk, clutch, sideline catching, soft hands, swim, bull rush, big hitter ect. They renamed some of the abilities, but they do exactly the same thing.
Personally, I could care less if they copied from Mario Brothers(they did for awhile with Mario running) as long as it plays close to NFL Football, it will be in my 360.

The Beatles borrowed from Chuck Berry, the Rolling Stones borrowed from Muddy Waters, and for an updated reference Lady Gaga borrows from Maddona.

# 22 Pacman83 @ 06/03/11 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Personally, I could care less if they copied from Mario Brothers(they did for awhile with Mario running) as long as it plays close to NFL Football, it will be in my 360.

The Beatles borrowed from Chuck Berry, the Rolling Stones borrowed from Muddy Waters, and for an updated reference Lady Gaga borrows from Maddona.
Yezzir, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
In every way. Dynamically changing the player ratings. Ball hawk, clutch, sideline catching, soft hands, swim, bull rush, big hitter ect. They renamed some of the abilities, but they do exactly the same thing.

However imo at least the running animations look so much better, still not perfect, but I can live with this, much better than the ice skating.

Dynamic means changing, so all the abilities in 2k8 did were give boost to ratings (like +5 thr pwr, jump, etc...) not the same. They did have a composure rating, and some under the hood effects like for QBs...This system is completely different...unless i'm not understanding DPP.

Ratings change during the game, trigger roles, and players have tendencies. Again, seems like something different, mimics NBA Live 10 a bit.

BTW, Love All-Pro, but M07 had player roles also

# 23 wdctaylor @ 06/04/11 12:58 AM
Positives from the video:
+ I like how at the 1:30 mark, Reggie made his cut, he broke down, chopped his feet and made a cut. Very realistic.
+ The momentum is there. For a game without a true physics engine, looks good. Reggie running at full speed is not gonna get knocked back by a CB running at a diagonal angle.
+ The ball physics is fantastic.
+ At the 3:17 mark you will see THE best flow of animations. Simply amazing how it all flowed. From Marshall bouncing off a tackle to trying to gain balance, looks great.

Negatives:
- Suction double team tackle at the 1:40 mark.
- Sliding in the game. (There is sliding in the greatest of sports games even NBA 2k11 has the WORST sliding, but still is a great game)

Neutral: When Bush broke a tackle at the 1:44 mark, by trucking the defender. The rest of the players on the field slowed down. Don't know if that's meant to be a natural reaction or a game bug?

# 24 XNowOrNever85X @ 06/04/11 01:02 AM
The thing is no one will be satisfied with Madden infact any madden there will be always criticism.This game looks a lot better than 11 this year won't def be a step backwards like 11.I think people have to realize every game won't be perfect,you won't get everything you want.If you want to make the game better call ea sports and ask for a job if you think you can do better.

# 25 PVarck31 @ 06/04/11 05:15 AM
I'm confused. I ended up watching the Eli vid first. Then saw people talking about Bush. Figured out they were 2 vids finally. lol

Anyway. In the Eli video the animations were somewhat herky jerky and there was definitely sliding going on. Got me a little concerned.

Then I watch the Bush vid and it was smooth as butter, really no sliding to be seen.

So umm.....Eli vid must be an early build?

# 26 MattIntellect @ 06/04/11 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I'm confused. I ended up watching the Eli vid first. Then saw people talking about Bush. Figured out they were 2 vids finally. lol

Anyway. In the Eli video the animations were somewhat herky jerky and there was definitely sliding going on. Got me a little concerned.

Then I watch the Bush vid and it was smooth as butter, really no sliding to be seen.

So umm.....Eli vid must be an early build?
I would say so judging by this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just to throw it out there... this is the FIRST video I was shown when I got here, so the graphics in it are severely out of date.

# 27 PVarck31 @ 06/04/11 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I would say so judging by this post:
Thanks, missed that.

# 28 SageInfinite @ 06/04/11 10:14 AM
This is defeinitely the best video I've seen animation wise. I can definitely deal with the smoothness of the video. Some of the animations, or parts of them just look goofy though.

Like when Reggie catches the ball at about 1:25. He barely looks for the ball to make the catch.

It reminds me of a girl or a little kid when they try to catch a football and have to turn their head because they are scared the ball will hit them in the face, lol.

There are a few more I could point out, but I won't because overall this video looked good. Nice and smooth. Really excited for Madden 12.

# 29 TreFacTor @ 06/04/11 12:18 PM
Did anyone else notice all of the receivers using the same exact animations and sliding while going to the line?

# 30 roadman @ 06/04/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Did anyone else notice all of the receivers using the same exact animations and sliding while going to the line?
Are you sure you are talking about the right trailer? This trailer the camera just focuses on Reggie Bush and Marshal Faulk?????

# 31 RedZoneD25 @ 06/04/11 01:41 PM
Good video, but did anyone notice how Sam Bradford looked like he would rather be doing ANYTHING ELSE than say his line? lol

# 32 vision @ 06/04/11 02:05 PM
After checking it out again, I really liked the small spin move Marshall does at 2:24 and 3:37. I hope that is a signature move for elusive backs, and not some generic move for every running back.

# 33 TreFacTor @ 06/04/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Are you sure you are talking about the right trailer? This trailer the camera just focuses on Reggie Bush and Marshal Faulk?????
i was referring to the DPP sizzle trailer (posting from a nook is pretty hard.. i meant to post in that discussion).

# 34 mrmass413 @ 06/05/11 11:59 AM
I'm impressed show me more

# 35 Spanky @ 06/05/11 12:43 PM
The graphics look really sharp, much better than Madden 10, the last game I played. I didn't play Madden 11 but wasn't impressed with the graphics in the videos I saw. Does 12 look that much better than 11?

# 36 illwill10 @ 06/05/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
The graphics look really sharp, much better than Madden 10, the last game I played. I didn't play Madden 11 but wasn't impressed with the graphics in the videos I saw. Does 12 look that much better than 11?
Yes. M11 had very similar graphics to M10. The new player models or colors make it great

# 37 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/05/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Definitely better than 11. I hope that one year the focus will be animations. I'd like to see what they could do if they spent a year to revamp them like they do other aspects of the game.

If nothing else, I finally feel Madden is headed in the right direction, for me, anyway. I know many felt this way after 10, but I didn't really share that sentiment.
This surprises me I have to admit. Seeing you state that you feel Madden in heading in the right direction.

You know I have not been impressed with Madden at all since next gen era began, but Madden 11 I felt that game was the start of something. Everything else before that I felt was horrible, well until lol.

Funny thing is I pick up Madden 08 for 1.99 and I have to say. I agree with those that felt they should have built from there. Madden 08 had something going, and they did not take advantage of it.

Anyways that was then and this is now. I'm hoping Madden 12 really takes a step forward.

I really want to try out the demo, and see for myself.

Oh yea Madden 08 had the VISION CONE !!!!!!!!!!!! Boy was I loving it

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.