Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bigwill33 @ 06/07/11 05:07 AM
Watched it on my iPad, but could someone tell me if you could see the players nameplates on the packers backs when at the line of scrimmage? It seemed to me they only showed up during the off play camera shots. Hope that they weren't sacrificed because of slowdown or something.

# 42 LambertandHam @ 06/07/11 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
"It's an early build"

True, it looks bad, especially since Brandon Meriweather (#31) comes running at full speed into the tackle and instead of affecting the tackle, he just grabs on and falls in the direction of the tackle (not respecting momentum). And the two other guys just fall down.
I'm willing to give them that, the game did freeze on them .

# 43 mrmass413 @ 06/07/11 07:49 AM
I like the way it looked the new cameras wow. Need more gameplay before I comment on that

# 44 Yankees_CT @ 06/07/11 08:52 AM
I have to admit that the pre and post play camera angles are the best they have ever been (reminds me of a game that shall not be named ). Need to see more stat overlays and I think this years presentation will be very good. Jury is still out on gameplay however....need to see more vids!

# 45 Phobia @ 06/07/11 09:35 AM
I will be honest and I thought people were flipping out a bit with the "Where is the 3d grass". So I went back and watched the video in 720p full screen and I was shocked to see there really is no 3D grass. I understand the texture must load at a reasonable distance because the system could not draw every blade of grass for the entire field. But this really does look like the same nasty texture from all the previous versions.

First one is the :57 mark people have said there is 3D grass but i can't find it.

Where is this grass??

From these pictures it looks like the 3d grass is only drawn 10 yards from the camera, any further out and you get the flat texture. Look in background of the 3d grass pics.

# 46 shnuskis @ 06/07/11 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
How bout that 5 wide receiver set from the Pack! cant wait, sub in Finley unstoppable air attack.
Can't believe I am saying it, but love the lockout so we get Jones on the roster with Cobb adding the WR's.

# 47 bxgoods @ 06/07/11 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Watched it on my iPad, but could someone tell me if you could see the players nameplates on the packers backs when at the line of scrimmage? It seemed to me they only showed up during the off play camera shots. Hope that they weren't sacrificed because of slowdown or something.
I saw the nameplates when the players at the line of scrimmage, it was just harder to see from far away because the video quality was low.

# 48 shnuskis @ 06/07/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego

Did anyone else notice that Aaron walked into the defense's huddle?

No he didn't. The camera was in the endzone at the defensive end focusing on Aaron. It was shooting through the defensive huddle. It looks bad though.

# 49 dougdeuce @ 06/07/11 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I went through the box scores from 08 and 09 and Rodgers had 7 4rth quarter drives to tie or take the lead that resulted in loses due to special teams and defense giving up the lead. There's more to a loss than just the qb.
I said he deserved it. But I understand why people would think he doesn't since win-loss (fair or not) gets placed on the qb's shoulders

# 50 King Gro23 @ 06/07/11 11:35 AM
Here is a thought that I think many of us gamers don't look at when discussing ratings. Tom Brady is 99 Overall in today's standards. When EA is putting together the rosters and decide who gets what ratings they are basing everyone off today's standards.

They look at who's in the league. They aren't basing it on all time this is madden nfl 12 (or whatever annual release you choose) They base it off the player skill and performance among their peers at the specific point in time. Can anybody argue Tom Brady hasn't been the leagues top player overall putting together the last few seasons?

# 51 Meast21Forever @ 06/07/11 11:57 AM
Man, I hate the player models. They look huge. Jordy Nelson looks like a linebacker, the linebackers look like DTs. Ugh.. I may enjoy NCAA more than Madden this year based on what I've seen.

# 52 Tengo Juego @ 06/07/11 12:22 PM
No, he did. You see AJ Hawk, Erik Walden, Jarrett Bush, among others as he approaches the huddle. He walks into the Packers D, and it switches to the Offense as he enters the huddle and the camera rotates.

# 53 GiantKingNy @ 06/07/11 12:25 PM
Look I give them credit to finally getting around to a professional representation of how football is shown on Sunday, so it adds a "new" element to Madden, but come on guys there as been no address to the gameplay issues on a whole, none at all.

# 54 shnuskis @ 06/07/11 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
No, he did. You see AJ Hawk, Erik Walden, Jarrett Bush, among others as he approaches the huddle. He walks into the Packers D, and it switches to the Offense as he enters the huddle and the camera rotates.
Yeah your right. I thought you were referring to the Patriots Defensive huddle. Which actually has the offensive players on the field(previously mentioned.)

# 55 bxgoods @ 06/07/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Am I the only one who thinks that the ratings EA gives their players are too high?

Very rarely in my opinion, should a player be given a 99 rating for anything. Wouldn't lower ratings allow the players to perform in a manner emulating more closely to real life; less arcadish?

Why not give ratings in the high 80s or something and rate lesser players lower, instead of giving these perfect 99s?
I agree with you, Ive always felt there are too many 99's and high 95's in Madden.

# 56 roadman @ 06/07/11 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Look I give them credit to finally getting around to a professional representation of how football is shown on Sunday, so it adds a "new" element to Madden, but come on guys there as been no address to the gameplay issues on a whole, none at all.
Eh, I'll wait till the end of the week and watch all of the videos of game play before I declare the sky is falling.

Zone defense and consecutive hit tackles without suction during tackling and blocking is what I'm keeping a sharp eye out for and see how DPP winds up with game play.

# 57 PSRusse83 @ 06/07/11 01:48 PM
Wonder why there isnt a video of the USTREAM that had the Packers playing the Eagles. It looked slightly better but Vick was skating all up in that pocket.

# 58 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/07/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSRusse83
Wonder why there isnt a video of the USTREAM that had the Packers playing the Eagles. It looked slightly better but Vick was skating all up in that pocket.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-packers.html

# 59 Jumpman232 @ 06/07/11 02:49 PM
finally this might be the year where i dont have to pull out 2K5 for football enjoyment, maybe FINALLY Madden got it right this time.

# 60 noonan2112 @ 06/07/11 05:47 PM
Incredible! The broadcast views between snaps are a great example of what the dev. team put so much effort into. Feels like watching a Packers game Also love the fact that the Packers are getting a little face time on the Madden previews finally.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.