Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If the embedded video doesn't work for you, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 WTF @ 06/07/11 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I'm with celtic the move control is just not for me. It LOOKED boring.
This. Will be picking it up for 360 and PC again. Definitely not diggin the move at all. Point & Click role playing game is what it seemed like.

Overall though, I'll leave my impressions of the video til a later date. Looking forward to it though, saw some very nice things being implemented.

# 82 jerseyballer7 @ 06/07/11 06:47 PM
I wasn't impressed at all but then again....I kinda figured 2k would showcase something most people don't care about. I guess we are gonna have to wait around late summer to start seeing something nice.

# 83 blues rocker @ 06/07/11 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Last thing I think most know this already but in case you don't. 2k has an entire team working on the game. The most familiar to us are the Gameplay dev's as the art guys don't really come on here often if at all.

The gameplay guys work on gameplay all year long. Regardless what other features you see it does not take away from gameplay development in the sense that Rob Jones is now working on the point and click interface for the move. LOL It doesn't work that way. Same thing with Art and Presentation.

I have never and I don't have as much experience as Pared but I think he would agree. NEVER met a lazy developer. It almost like meeting an out of shape enlisted Marine. It goes contrary to job at hand. Most times if something is not changed like calf sleeves or walk up ani's it's because it would take too much development time to correct and mean something else of higher importance may not make it in the game. Or there is not enough time to implement and test to keep bugs out.

So take issue with the decision to fix or not to fix which is your right. But Dev's start turning a def ear when you speak on character things like laziness when in fact they are working 12-18 hour days to get you the game you love in its best form. I recognize the forum but this goes for the EA dudes I have had interaction with as well.

Just my 2C of course YMMV and all the other behind covering gestures needed
nice...some people need a serious dose of reality and common sense.

the graphics can't improve any more...they've maxed out the power of the current systems...

some people will just never be happy until 2k makes a game where Lebron comes out of the TV and gives you a massage and feeds you chips while you play the game. even then, a year later they'd expect Lebron to do that AND fetch you a drink and make you a pizza.

as for the animations...those looks great as always and therefore don't need to be changed...some people will just always expect to see something drastically different every year because they have very limited attention spans....they don't understand that when something already works, it's a bad thing to change it.

# 84 KyotoCarl @ 06/07/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KAllDay
I dont like how D Wade was sliding when he was doing his pumpfake hopefully these small features would be fixed
This is an early build, 4 months from release , so don't get nervous

# 85 KyotoCarl @ 06/07/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessboy
You gotto be kinding me, the graphics of this game are every year the same what's up with that, ok gameplay i know you guys see alot of things in this and thats important but graphics its allready taken from 2k9 that it didn't change anything about the game courts have to be more nice the arena players do something with it in stead of making always the same things and just adjust the lights in the game.

If this is the case this year i will not buy this game and i have all 2K games but i am sick of it that we see every year the same old Graphs.
Do you know that it's 4 months left til release? This ia an early build, not the finished product.

# 86 Jrocc23 @ 06/07/11 07:25 PM
This has to be an very early build or something because at 1:37 you can see Carmelo still on the Nuggets like on 2K11.

# 87 NealN42 @ 06/07/11 07:30 PM
You do realize that being 4 months from launch isn't the same thing as 4 months to work on the game right? 2k essentially has 3 months to have 2k12 ready to ship, as the majority of the last 3-4 weeks is where the game is sent for actual production. Now, I'm still hopeful that 2k12 turns out to be much more than a glorified roster update with a few added animations and Move support, but come on...their E3 demo (which even said 2k12 in the menu) still had Phil Jackson coaching the Lakers, Clark Kellogg commentating(which they already announced to be replaced by Kerr), and a picture of Melo in a Nuggets jersey in the pause menu! Add to that, the crowd clearly not being touched, and the exact same player models + the lack of a walking the ball up animation....what exactly has 2k actually done these past 8 months? Other than the worthless and embarrassing Move support of course...

# 88 Goffs @ 06/07/11 07:31 PM
Oh boy here we go....

# 89 NINJAK2 @ 06/07/11 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
You do realize that being 4 months from launch isn't the same thing as 4 months to work on the game right? 2k essentially has 3 months to have 2k12 ready to ship, as the majority of the last 3-4 weeks is where the game is sent for actual production. Now, I'm still hopeful that 2k12 turns out to be much more than a glorified roster update with a few added animations and Move support, but come on...their E3 demo (which even said 2k12 in the menu) still had Phil Jackson coaching the Lakers, Clark Kellogg commentating(which they already announced to be replaced by Kerr), and a picture of Melo in a Nuggets jersey in the pause menu! Add to that, the crowd clearly not being touched, and the exact same player models + the lack of a walking the ball up animation....what exactly has 2k actually done these past 8 months? Other than the worthless and embarrassing Move support of course...
SimBaller has already been in here to declare how early that build is. All the points you made makes it obvious how old the build is(Phil Jax coaching[didn't LA just hire a coach last week?], clark commenting,etc.). Do you expect these things to be in the final build? My guess is no..

# 90 jsg @ 06/07/11 07:42 PM
every year.......

# 91 KyotoCarl @ 06/07/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Do we have to have these conversations each year with each new game? Do you understand how game development works?

Changing the cg coach and replacing a pause menu picture does not take any development time. We are in june, game ships in october. No need go get stressed out.

Also, we have no clue when this build is from. Could be a month old.

# 92 daan_ @ 06/07/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

If the embedded video doesn't work for you, click here.
when will they learn to also put all the people of the team that just sits on the floor and not on the bench ??

# 93 KyotoCarl @ 06/07/11 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan_
when will they learn to also put all the people of the team that just sits on the floor and not on the bench ??
That's such a small detail that's it's not worth putting in any dev time at all.

# 94 Da_Czar @ 06/07/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Oh boy here we go....
ROTFLOL CLASSIC. Maybe he was just being sarcastic.

# 95 ifriedrice @ 06/07/11 08:31 PM
Some graphic observations from this build:
- Kobe has a new face
- Fisher has a new face
- Fisher's arms aren't super-flexed body builder ripped

# 96 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/07/11 08:32 PM
Did anyone get word if there will be some type of Q n' A for E3?

# 97 EHS_25 @ 06/07/11 09:00 PM
that was a wasteful preview. since visually it looked like nothing has changed.

# 98 jagsrock95 @ 06/07/11 09:06 PM
what's the point of using the move controller with no movement?

# 99 joetheshow159 @ 06/07/11 09:09 PM
Kobes looks to have a new cyberface. lebron too maybe. love to have the players look close to how they do in real life. realism. other than that early build, too early to judge.

# 100 CX1329 @ 06/07/11 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
some people will just never be happy until 2k makes a game where Lebron comes out of the TV and gives you a massage and feeds you chips while you play the game. even then, a year later they'd expect Lebron to do that AND fetch you a drink and make you a pizza.

This is hilarious, and so true at the same time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.