Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If the embedded video doesn't work for you, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Jonesy @ 06/08/11 12:12 AM
I really hope they don't try to put too much into the move capabilities for the selfish reason that I couldn't care less about it.

If I wanted a Wii I would have bought one and I just don't see how this sort of controller will ever give a user the same sense of control that a tradition game pad with 8+ buttons and a pressure sensitive stick will. Now a full body suit with real time motion capture might give more control but is a few years away and not that practical but waving a little stick around will never do it imo.

# 102 Altimus @ 06/08/11 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Why do so many people say this? How do you know? Do you work in the industry?
Agreed. Every year developers find a way to make an adjustment here or there which improves the overall look of the game. Been that way forever.

# 103 youngfaze01 @ 06/08/11 01:34 AM
Looking at the video, I've noticed they got rid of the push back animation when you're trying to get past a defender. =)

# 104 Da_Czar @ 06/08/11 06:40 AM
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love 2K11 and I think the layups and dunks are very well done, I'm happy with those, but it's the transitional movements that look robotic. I'm not sure what can be done to rectify this as I'm not a developer but it's something that stands out when the rest of the animations look so good.
Understood ! I get that. I was confused at first because I thought the layups and dunks were what you were referring to. Thanks for the clarification. I don't know what they can do about that part. I fear it may only get worse as they attempt to give the user more control to break out of any situation. Or they could just be bad transitional ani's LOL IDK. FIXIT anyway !

# 105 Da_Czar @ 06/08/11 06:45 AM
Quote:
Why do so many people say this? How do you know? Do you work in the industry?
Dal not to speak out of turn here but I think this response is for those few looking to have their socks blown off graphically this deep into a console's lifespan. So I believe they can make adjustments and improvement's each year as they have done. But we'll have to wait and see if they can make the game look THAT much better. So it's just a degree of expected improvement I think but I'm just speculating.

If I were them and they did have the capacity to blow out graphics I would wait until 2k13 because they will need that coat of paint to look newer vs the brand new EA offering.

Again were really deep in this consoles life to be expecting some new discovery I think but IDK for certain.

# 106 Dice @ 06/08/11 06:59 AM
Hey Czar,

Will 2K allow you to preview the game so you can give us that excellent breakdown of game play that you gave us last year?

# 107 Da_Czar @ 06/08/11 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Hey Czar,

Will 2K allow you to preview the game so you can give us that excellent breakdown of game play that you gave us last year?
Not sure Those things are very difficult to get approved ! I was shocked we were able to do it last year.

# 108 Eman5805 @ 06/08/11 09:29 AM
Lots of fun things in there, but this is precisely why I'll never mess with the Move or Kinect or ever even looked at the Wii.

Sure its easier to pick up, but its taking you out of the game. There's gonna be people that love this...won't be me.

...now back to overanalyzing the way Andrew Bynum attacked to the glass like LeBron.

# 109 cjallure24 @ 06/08/11 09:36 AM
Kobe: "The Heat ain't got five of them thangs though".......classic

# 110 blues rocker @ 06/08/11 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Agreed. Every year developers find a way to make an adjustment here or there which improves the overall look of the game. Been that way forever.
yes, they can make very minor improvements...but they are not going to be able to DRASTICALLY improve the graphics until the next generation of systems...at this point you will only see very subtle changes to graphics...i'm just trying to get people to understand this, because people think each year they should see a leap in graphics, and that is just not possible. you will see minor things like slightly improved lighting, slightly tweaked player models, etc...you will see minor improvements, but not a leap. for the most part, the player models and overall graphics are going to be very similar for the next few years.

people need to understand this so they stop expecting to see big changes when the power just isn't in the current systems to handle a big jump graphically.

# 111 tril @ 06/08/11 11:10 AM
so let me get this straight.
NBA 2k12 with the move controls looks like music conducters, or magicians just waving wands.

# 112 23 @ 06/08/11 11:32 AM
Im definitely interested in the game but I dont think Ill be buying it for the move

Its not the kind of control Id like to have

# 113 aloncho11 @ 06/08/11 11:53 AM
Yep, for some reason those type of controller are supposed to make the player feel more freedom and have a sort of a closer to real life experience, but I too prefer the normal controllers as I feel them more tangible when playing games (as if I want to do a specific thing I press the buttons to that specific thing). I like controlling, not directing

# 114 23 @ 06/08/11 12:22 PM
Nah man thats like being one heck of a micromanager

Hey go here, hey pass here, he shoot here, he move here....lol

# 115 blues rocker @ 06/08/11 12:23 PM
the Move, like all motion control, is a cheap gimmick. you will never have good control and deep control with these types of motion controllers. motion control can only pull off very limited games where you can only perform very basic actions...you need a controller with lots of buttons to play more complex games like NBA 2k, or shooters, etc. motion controls are just a way for companies to make money off of soccer moms and old people who don't know any better...or they are for very casual gamers who only play video games like twice a year and can't operate a controller with more than 2 buttons.

# 116 23 @ 06/08/11 12:26 PM
I like the move motion control in Socom4... they did a pretty good job but its with both controls though not just one

These guys are super creative though, and I know theyre doing some nice see what we can do with this tech to support the move

I however am looking forward to the next version on the 360 for all of the customization options

# 117 aloncho11 @ 06/08/11 03:23 PM
I'm looking forward to using my Xbox 360 controller with this game

# 118 KyotoCarl @ 06/09/11 02:54 AM
If the Move gameplay is all "click on him to pass, click here to shoot", that would kinda mean they've improved how you AI teammates move on the floor.
Now, in 2K11, if you don't choose a set play there's very little movement on offense. This might mean players take more initiative on their own to set picks and get people open.

# 119 TalenT @ 06/09/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Fair enough. I think the graphics in 2K11 are pretty good anyway so any improvements, even minor, I'd be more than happy with.
I think at this point it's not about making the graphics better as it is adjusting them. I do believe we are at the apex of what current gen systems can do. Now I think everybody would just like for them to tweak smaller things. For example, some faces are spot on while others just look like melting martians!

# 120 Jakeness23 @ 06/10/11 01:47 PM
I know the graphics are just about maxed out on these systems (who else can't wait for the 720?) but if they could be ALTERED to look like the graphics on Moddingway.com, that would be more than enough for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.