Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 vln13 @ 06/08/11 12:58 AM
My guess is that the free throws will be automated based on the player's real life percentage (and tendencies like clutch?) This makes sense...

# 22 qnzballa5 @ 06/08/11 01:21 AM
I wouldnt expect to see any gameplay until August at that thing they have in Germany and dont expect real news until September just like 2k always does, why would they change anything this year like give out early looks and info when there is absolutely no competition on the market? Live life and get hyped for 2k12 in September when its around the corner lol.

# 23 convince @ 06/08/11 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
My guess is that the free throws will be automated based on the player's real life percentage (and tendencies like clutch?) This makes sense...
That already in the game us called "Real FT %". I'm sure the clutch rating applies to being at the line as well. In my humble position the status quo is close to perfect. The only change i would make is adding making it three options, Manual=complete user input, the player real FT% doesn't come into play. That why some people can go 20-20 with Dwight if you know his release point(what is currently in 2k) "Auto" Real FT%=only requires the user to start the FT and the CPU release at the perfect time and the FT going in depends on the player actual FT%(This is also in the 2K now, i'm not really sure b/c i never play with it on.) The third option is a combo of the first two called "Manual" Real FT% with it being up to the user to get the perfect release and the FT going is still based on the Real player FT%. Back to the video, i heard Constant mention "meter" and that is the last thing i want for my FTs. If they are switching to a meter related Ft, please leave the option of using the current system.

# 24 burnwood @ 06/08/11 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
1) It happens in clutch moments when the game is on the line. It's to simulate the pressure of the situation. I can agree it's not that necessary though.
I don't think pressure makes any NBA baller shake or get blurred vision on the FT line.

Quote:
2) Not really sure how it's considered a mini-game. It's the exact same function as shooting a non-FT shot.
But it shouldn't be by the very nature that it's a FT and not a FG shot.

Quote:
3) If you want that to happen, you could just play with Real FT% on.
Or they could just address it properly for online and offline use together.

# 25 Dazraz @ 06/08/11 04:01 AM
Presentation is a big factor for me. The fact that 2K focus so much on this & put it together with a brilliant game is all that I could wish for.

# 26 Goffs @ 06/08/11 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
I wouldnt expect to see any gameplay until August at that thing they have in Germany and dont expect real news until September just like 2k always does, why would they change anything this year like give out early looks and info when there is absolutely no competition on the market? Live life and get hyped for 2k12 in September when its around the corner lol.
sure looks like a gameplay vid to me and its June....

# 27 Da_Czar @ 06/08/11 06:51 AM
Quote:
I'm curious to why they decided to change the free throw system. What they had was fine with me.
I heard it's pretty sweet. I would bet they have a way to use the old system if you prefer that or something similar. Maybe. Who knows.

# 28 ernie69 @ 06/08/11 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
sure looks like a gameplay vid to me and its June....
Nice!! Can't wait for more gameplay vids

# 29 Lyvean @ 06/08/11 08:15 AM
What's with all the presentation and graphic improvements requests?

Don't people want a My Player mode that isn't broken, the ability to have charges in the game that work or offensive rebounds?

Man, are we sheep or what?

# 30 mustardnmayo @ 06/08/11 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean

Don't people want a My Player mode that isn't broken, the ability to have charges in the game that work or offensive rebounds?

Maybe because thats what the interview was about.......

All that other stuff will come up in time im sure

# 31 KyotoCarl @ 06/08/11 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean

Just because they talk about one thing doesn't mean they are leaving other things out. We are 4 months from release, just now they're just teasing. You didn't expect them to hand you a list of everything that has been improved this early right?

# 32 sir lucious lft ft @ 06/08/11 10:27 AM
Quote:
I'm curious to why they decided to change the free throw system. What they had was fine with me.
So the fact that it is easier to shoot fts with Dwight Howard than say peja just cause his release point is easier to pin point is ok with u?

The old way isn't that bad but i always felt like it definitely could of been better. They need to find a way to make it more challenging to shoot fts with poor ft shooters. I have people like kendrick Perkins and rondo shooting above 90% from the line just because they have an easy release. Can't wait to see the new system.

# 33 KyotoCarl @ 06/08/11 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir lucious lft ft
So the fact that it is easier to shoot fts with Dwight Howard than say peja just cause his release point is easier to pin point is ok with u?

The old way isn't that bad but i always felt like it definitely could of been better. They need to find a way to make it more challenging to shoot fts with poor ft shooters. I have people like kendrick Perkins and rondo shooting above 90% from the line just because they have an easy release. Can't wait to see the new system.
If you choose FT% isn't of release on FT's you won't see those numbers.

# 34 sir lucious lft ft @ 06/08/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
If you choose FT% isn't of release on FT's you won't see those numbers.
But then you are letting the CPU decide when u make or miss a ft based on percentages huh? I don't think taking control out of the gamer's hand is good either. Besides, that only works for offline. You can't change those settings online

# 35 TalenT @ 06/08/11 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir lucious lft ft
But then you are letting the CPU decide when u make or miss a ft based on percentages huh? I don't think taking control out of the gamer's hand is good either. Besides, that only works for offline. You can't change those settings online
I was just about to say this. People can kill you online with poor FT shooters.

# 36 MMurda @ 06/08/11 11:30 AM
i have absolutely no prob with the way FT's are already....why oh why change something thats not broken...sigh!!!

# 37 23 @ 06/08/11 11:34 AM
FTs are not at the top of my list of what I would like 2k to do with this game

Some of you dudes are straining at a gnat already

# 38 elprez98 @ 06/08/11 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
i have absolutely no prob with the way FT's are already....why oh why change something thats not broken...sigh!!!
Because if you don't evolve, you die.

Their competition is gone but not out. You better believe that EA WILL come with a great game in 2012 using a lot of what has gotten 2k to the top, innovation and presentation. 2k understands this and they HAVE to continue to evolve or else the become stale and when that nice, shiny, new, NBA Live returns they will be eaten for lunch if they do not. So I'm all for them trying out new things in aspects of the game that have been there for a while.

Plus, I don't think you understand how much pressure must be on them after producing a game that was widely considered the best SPORTS GAME (not basketball game) of All-Time. Now they have to produce a game in a year with no immediate competition for motivation AND the world's largest video game publisher returns in 2012 after having essentially 3 years to work on a game uninterrupted ( I don't even count the NBA Elite release).

Its lonely at the top, huh 2k?

# 39 blues rocker @ 06/08/11 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Because if you don't evolve, you die.

Their competition is gone but not out. You better believe that EA WILL come with a great game in 2012 using a lot of what has gotten 2k to the top, innovation and presentation. 2k understands this and they HAVE to continue to evolve or else the become stale and when that nice, shiny, new, NBA Live returns they will be eaten for lunch if they do not. So I'm all for them trying out new things in aspects of the game that have been there for a while.

Plus, I don't think you understand how much pressure must be on them after producing a game that was widely considered the best SPORTS GAME (not basketball game) of All-Time. Now they have to produce a game in a year with no immediate competition for motivation AND the world's largest video game publisher returns in 2012 after having essentially 3 years to work on a game uninterrupted ( I don't even count the NBA Elite release).

Its lonely at the top, huh 2k?
how do you know EA will come with a great game? they could end up releasing another bust...very possible.

even if EA does come out with a great game, it will be nearly impossible for them to surpass 2k at this point...2k has been building up their game for years and years now under the leadership of the same developers...i find it hard to believe that EA can catch up to them in just a couple of years...and EA seems to be a revolving door of developers...no one ever seems to stick around on Live/Elite for more than a couple of years...

over at EA a new developer will come in, try to change the game with his vision, and then the next year another guy comes in and tries to start from scratch again, thus ruining any progress the previous guy made. 2k has had Wang, Jones, and Boenisch all building on their game with a common vision for years and years....that is why 2k has evolved into such a well-made game...they stick to their vision year after year...and they all know basketball. they know the subtleties and intricacies of the sport...i get the impression that a lot of people working at EA aren't hardcore basketball nuts.

# 40 joel_g @ 06/08/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
how do you know EA will come with a great game? they could end up releasing another bust...very possible.

even if EA does come out with a great game, it will be nearly impossible for them to surpass 2k at this point...2k has been building up their game for years and years now under the leadership of the same developers...i find it hard to believe that EA can catch up to them in just a couple of years...and EA seems to be a revolving door of developers...no one ever seems to stick around on Live/Elite for more than a couple of years...

over at EA a new developer will come in, try to change the game with his vision, and then the next year another guy comes in and tries to start from scratch again, thus ruining any progress the previous guy made. 2k has had Wang, Jones, and Boenisch all building on their game with a common vision for years and years....that is why 2k has evolved into such a well-made game...they stick to their vision year after year...and they all know basketball. they know the subtleties and intricacies of the sport...i get the impression that a lot of people working at EA aren't hardcore basketball nuts.
BR, you are just one of the many members on this site that sounds extremely stupid. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has never been a basketball game (or even a sports game period) that has been under development for three years without any releases. What you said about the change in the dev team is, somewhat true, but that is not the case now. For the most part, EA Sports has had the same dev team that started on NBA Elite, continue working on NBA Elite for almost three years straight. That is unheard of, and plenty of time for EA Sports to revive their basketball game. According to the guys @ E3, Madden has made a complete overhaul in one development cycle, what do you think can happen in three dev cycles w/o any interruptions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.