Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 06/08/11 03:55 PM
I'm guessing this was from an earlier build before E3, the colors look duller than the offscreen cam videos we are seeing. I did hear "some" new commentary, so it wasn't EXACTLY like 11 I guess....

# 2 mjhyankees @ 06/08/11 04:02 PM
I see a major issue for me here already....not that I wont' buy the game but Hillis is literally getting knocked off his feet almost every play...that doesn't happen IRL to any back. Most tackles are the "drag em down" type with SOME big hits thrown in....this game almost every tackle was a monster hit....crap. And by the way the commentary sounded EXACTLY the same to me.

# 3 jmurphy31 @ 06/08/11 04:03 PM
Best quality video yet...Great find...

I guess that answers some things about commentary...
  • I think this is Collinsworth's 4th year and he still says the same lines. (not sure I heard anything new from Collinsworth anyway)
  • Still too much pausing and times of no sound
  • The Gus line about Roethlisberger being an 8 year player with 2 Super Bowls (will this change in franchise mode each year)
  • The Starters Banner is nice looking, but it seems like the commentary doesn't even mention the key guys highlighted or even the starters
I know they cant do everything in one year, but I thought with the whole idea of presentation being the focus, commentary would have been improved.

***I know it is a short clip, and that they added new lines for DPP (which my guess comes later in games when it starts to change), but I am a little disappointed from this clip

# 4 skinnybonez @ 06/08/11 04:04 PM
what was the point of hiring Gus Johnson, smh

# 5 jmurphy31 @ 06/08/11 04:07 PM
It doenst matter who they hired...It is all about the implementation of the commentary/audio track and/or the technology they use. Either way it's not the announcers fault

# 6 illwill10 @ 06/08/11 04:09 PM
Definitely playing This game and NCAA game with my earphones on.
Everything besides commentary, looks spot on

# 7 RGiles36 @ 06/08/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I see a major issue for me here already....not that I wont' buy the game but Hillis is literally getting knocked off his feet almost every play...that doesn't happen IRL to any back.
Thus, why we're dubbed over-reaction sports...

# 8 jmurphy31 @ 06/08/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Definitely playing This game and NCAA game with my earphones on.
Everything besides commentary, looks spot on
I agree..>the game play and presentation looks better. Plus Franchise mode has me excited...I am just down about the commentary (but besides that I'm still excited for both games)

# 9 jmurphy31 @ 06/08/11 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Thus, why we're dubbed over-reaction sports...
Rgiles your a presentation guy...what did you think of the commentary and the avoidance of the mentioning starters in it (when the banner pops up)..

# 10 Sausage @ 06/08/11 04:18 PM
I really liked what I saw in that video.

I liked the added presentation details especially when the camera cuts to broadcast view and then back to madden cam. Gameplay looked fine to me, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Sausage

# 11 toine2983 @ 06/08/11 04:23 PM
Dissapointed that the same generic commentary from Madden 11 is still in the game.

# 12 bukktown @ 06/08/11 04:34 PM
That looked great! Way better than the other videos from E3 that i have seen.

# 13 PacMan3000 @ 06/08/11 04:37 PM
At 2:21, you can see a white scuff mark on Hillis' helmet. Very cool.

Browns have grey facemasks though. Not white.

# 14 Tengo Juego @ 06/08/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Would you rather have him or Al Michaels.
I sure would.

Edit: I would rather Al Michaels. lol

# 15 SageInfinite @ 06/08/11 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Would you rather have him or Al Michaels.
Al Michaels.

# 16 Matt Diesel @ 06/08/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
I see a major issue for me here already....not that I wont' buy the game but Hillis is literally getting knocked off his feet almost every play...that doesn't happen IRL to any back. Most tackles are the "drag em down" type with SOME big hits thrown in....this game almost every tackle was a monster hit....crap. And by the way the commentary sounded EXACTLY the same to me.
Like the play at the 3:05 mark where Farrior chest-bump tackles Hillis and he goes flying 3 yards to the left? Completely ridiculous.

# 17 BezO @ 06/08/11 04:49 PM
They have to fix the alignment problems. Very 1st play, double TE to the right, not a single defender outside of the TEs.

Quote:
Other than they couldn't have both for some reason, this is why I don't understand getting rid of pro tak. I love that the hits are more violent, but those types of hits don't happen every play. Especially with bigger, stronger backs, there's much more of a struggle.

But this is an issue with almost all of the animations. They lack effort. When 2 players engage, the "loser" looks like... well an actor allowing himself to get tackled, pancaked, whatever. Next year they need to re-do as many animations as possible with this in mind. The actors have to struggle and resist. NFL players don't get manhandled too often unless there's a major size advantage.

# 18 RGiles36 @ 06/08/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Rgiles your a presentation guy...what did you think of the commentary and the avoidance of the mentioning starters in it (when the banner pops up)..
I've been at work, so everytime I watch the videos, I mute them.

Regardless, I don't imagine I'll be too disappointed. I didn't have high expectations for the commentary this year. Especially once they hinted towards a presentation overhaul, I assumed we weren't going to get both in one cycle (broadcast presentation and overhauled commentary). I'm not someone who can play with headphones on though -- I'll just have to ride it out.

# 19 JJT @ 06/08/11 04:53 PM
hope was an earlier build was many glitchy spots and so forth.

# 20 Lodeus @ 06/08/11 05:10 PM
I think its an early build, because I saw no 3D grass. With the other E3 vids It looked like 3D grass.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.