Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Hellisan, over at Tradition Sports Online, spent some time today documenting NCAA Football 12 team ratings and put together the info for all 120 teams, including prestige.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 kingkilla56 @ 06/11/11 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Very true. This stuff happens almost everywhere.
It doesnt get caught everywhere thus isnt confirmed to happen everywhere. Maybe we should drop every school in the game by 3 stars by this assumption.

# 222 dan_457 @ 06/11/11 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
It doesnt get caught everywhere thus isnt confirmed to happen everywhere. Maybe we should drop every school in the game by 3 stars by this assumption.
Of course it doesn't get caught everywhere, but the fact is that a lot these's player's accept free stuff(which is almost impossible to monitor, unless it's a house or a car), and that's not a schools Integrity issue(course if the AD is giving kids checks, then yeah it is).

# 223 He1nousOne1 @ 06/11/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Integrity issues? Do you really think that OSU and USC are the only programs where this happens? The only thing I'll give you is Tressel, but if idiotic players who accept free things are integrity issues, then every school has integrity issues.
Absolutely. This is one of those issues in which a Prestige drop cannot be even considered until we see a drop off in execution by the Buckeyes on the field. If they get slammed by the NCAA like USC did then yes that will inevitably cause a drop off in performance and season records. Prestige is all about Performance in the end and we havnt even had a season played to see if there is any drop off. Its just a silly judgement to say they should already be dropped a star simply for getting caught doing what everyone else is doing too. Is what they did bad? According to the rules (I don't think so). Has it caused a drop off in performance and recruiting? We don't know yet.

# 224 bruinkid626 @ 06/11/11 02:06 AM
UCLA has been struggling lately, but they should be 3* at the lowest. Dropping 2 stars in 1 year is ridiculous. But I will enjoy building them up nonetheless

# 225 kingkilla56 @ 06/11/11 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
UCLA has been struggling lately, but they should be 3* at the lowest. Dropping 2 stars in 1 year is ridiculous. But I will enjoy building them up nonetheless
LOL they are now considered a build up job. Great starting place for sub 3 star dynasty guys.

# 226 Gloves 82 @ 06/11/11 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Probably true, but I hate how OSU and USC fans use that as a excuse. Alot of times when someone brings it up that's the first thing those fans say "Well it happens everywhere" and that's probably true but that fact is you got caught and the others didn't end of story.
Same thing the KU fans I know say about their basketball team.

# 227 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 06/11/11 02:09 PM
Anybody else confused on Michigan's B+ defense? I get that the new coach is defense minded but come on, he cannot make that much a a difference in one year can he.

I mean Michigan vs Illinois had a basketball game that had less points than the football game this year. As somebody who kinda likes Michigan, that seems very over-rated for what, at best, should be a B- if only for the new coach.

Now to the real big head scratcher...how in the world is Army only a 1* team. They clearly deserve to be a 6 star team. I mean come on EA, how did you drop the ball on this one!

Anyways, I'm digging my beloved Black Knights ratings. Should be fun. Here's to hoping the Option offense has been tweaked so that it actually plays correctly this year!

# 228 He1nousOne1 @ 06/11/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Probably true, but I hate how OSU and USC fans use that as a excuse. Alot of times when someone brings it up that's the first thing those fans say "Well it happens everywhere" and that's probably true but that fact is you got caught and the others didn't end of story.
Yeah but its not a Morality gauge, its a Prestige gauge and if what happened has zero measurable affect on performance on the field then it doesn't really matter then when prestige rating for the game would be concerned. USC's performance was visibly affected by NCAA rulings on USC where as we have yet to see anything happen to Ohio State yet so as of yet we have nothing to base a drop in prestige on. In fact if they bounce back from it unaffected then I would say that definately warrants remaining at 6 stars and if there was a seventh star they would deserve that too.

# 229 The JareBear @ 06/11/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
I agree with you.

My number one beef with "buckeye fan" is how for years they would get stomped by an SEC team in their bowl game and their excuse would be, "Well at least we do it the right way." Uh, turns out you were doing it the same way everyone else was bud, sorry, you just got out athleted in those games.

Oh, and want to clarify just because I think it happens almost everywhere that doesn't mean I think it is OK. I think it sucks.

And yeah, Michigan's D better get a stiff redo from the roster fellas. Penn State should be lowered too (and I love PSU).

UCLA would be a great spot to start a low prestige dynasty since you get that California recruiting base.

# 230 BleacherBum2310 @ 06/11/11 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Anybody else confused on Michigan's B+ defense? I get that the new coach is defense minded but come on, he cannot make that much a a difference in one year can he.

I mean Michigan vs Illinois had a basketball game that had less points than the football game this year. As somebody who kinda likes Michigan, that seems very over-rated for what, at best, should be a B- if only for the new coach.

I agree.. I actually think he will make a big difference but.. I am a Michigan fan. I think their rating should've been more like a C- or D+.

# 231 The JareBear @ 06/11/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
I agree.. I actually think he will make a big difference but.. I am a Michigan fan. I think their rating should've been more like a C- or D+.
Thank you! The fact that you are so honest about your team makes you an instant hero in my book. Some people....it's like that "Blind Parent" syndrome where everything their kid does is right and perfect and never a mistake.

Michigan is a great school but that defense was freaking awful. I am sorry, just look at the stats.

I saw them rated as C or C+ defense.

The problem is EVERY team is inflated, any team in a big conference pretty much gets a guaranteed B rating it seems

# 232 knighthawksfan @ 06/12/11 03:12 PM
I think the ratings are fine but I hope ohio state drops in rating since Pryor isnt there anymore. I was wondering are they going to have an update to take him off the game?

# 233 The JareBear @ 06/12/11 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawksfan
I think the ratings are fine but I hope ohio state drops in rating since Pryor isnt there anymore. I was wondering are they going to have an update to take him off the game?
Considering the whole lawsuit thing and since EA really isn't using "real life rosters" I doubt this would happen as it would be direct evidence that they are using real rosters.

Maybe I am wrong though, I would love for him to be off the game for online games

# 234 RynoAid @ 06/14/11 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
i agree, i think UCLA is a 4* program... and A&M is definitely a 5* program, but that's all opinion i guess.

# 235 markjsn @ 06/14/11 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
My theory is this....

EA obviously can't recreate the actual rosters since, well, they get freaking sued.

I think they just throw rosters together, focus on the key players, and fill in the blanks around them based on the school. Michigan is still a big name. Their D should be a C or C+ at the best but that just won't happen without custom rosters

I think your right....but like someone else said no big since we can edit.

# 236 LSUFAN11 @ 06/21/11 02:32 PM
How is it that LSU is an A overall while A- teams have better offense, defense, and special team ratings? Could it be an error on the TSO staff? Even the other A rated teams have significantly better offense, defense, and special teams ratings.

sorry for no link but apparently I need 5 posts.

Thanks!

# 237 ACardAttack @ 06/22/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLcardz-NDirish
No 6* is for prestigious programs. I know ND hasnt been able to get it done on the field consistently, but they have the most tradition and continue to recruit well. I mean they were a 6* last year and finished with a better record this year so their prestige goes down? dont see the logic
Army and Harvard have a lot of tradition too...if it wasnt for ND's well known name they would be a 3 star at best based on recent results....

# 238 hookem10 @ 06/23/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
It seems like a couple of non-AQs randomly lost prestige.

Fresno 3 to 2 after an 8 win year
Hawaii 3 to 2 after an almost top 25 Year
There may be others I didn't see

Also, I noticed Wazzou is the only 1* AQ, not Duke. And Texas is still 6*?!?! Houston, a 4* last year, went 5-7 year, dropped a star. Texas, a 6*, went 5-7 and didn't drop a star.

Also, thanks for posting!
Complaining that Texas is still a 6* is beyond stupid. We've had 1 bad year in the last 13 and somehow you think that justifies moving us down to a 5* school? I guess 3 straight top 5 recruiting classes, a streak of 10 straight 9 win seasons and 9 straight 10 win seasons, a National Title, a Rose Bowl Win, a Fiesta Bowl win and another appearance in the NC game don't really warrant a 6* prestige rating according to you.

# 239 He1nousOne1 @ 06/23/11 12:21 AM
I'm thinking that it is possible the Fresno State and Hawaii drops are in part due to the loss of Boise State and Nevada (in the future) to the MWC. The quality of their conference opponents will take a massive drop due to such movements. When your conference takes a massive prestige hit like that then it would make sense that the individual programs that are tied to it will take one as well.

Texas is the premier program in the Football State. It is the number #1 jewel to be had in competition to build super conferences. Despite a freakish 5-7 season I really don't think there is a team in the nation that is More deserving of 6* then Texas. I am not saying there are no equals but Texas is up there and it takes more then One bad season to pull them down.

# 240 coogrfan @ 06/23/11 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem10
Complaining that Texas is still a 6* is beyond stupid. We've had 1 bad year in the last 13 and somehow you think that justifies moving us down to a 5* school? I guess 3 straight top 5 recruiting classes, a streak of 10 straight 9 win seasons and 9 straight 10 win seasons, a National Title, a Rose Bowl Win, a Fiesta Bowl win and another appearance in the NC game don't really warrant a 6* prestige rating according to you.
As I pointed out when he posted this, his example was in error--Houston was a 3* program in last year's game, not a 4.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.