Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 500bloc @ 06/14/11 12:27 AM
Does anyone know if we are able to play multiple positions when we get recruited in college? For instance if I play WR/CB in high school and I'm pretty decent in both (3 or 4 star), could I play both again when I reach the NCAA?

# 122 UCOBronchos @ 06/14/11 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Does anyone know if we are able to play multiple positions when we get recruited in college? For instance if I play WR/CB in high school and I'm pretty decent in both (3 or 4 star), could I play both again when I reach the NCAA?
I'm thinking you can only play at one position. College isn't like high school football with the lack players. I highly doubt that you'll be able to.

# 123 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/14/11 01:17 AM
I'm so ready for both ncaa and madden. Can't wait!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

# 124 illwill10 @ 06/14/11 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I'm so ready for both ncaa and madden. Can't wait!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk
2 weeks to the demo and under a month till release

# 125 dennis580 @ 06/14/11 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I really don't understand the reasoning behind it? I was reading on TGT and they said it might be because of the new points system people could cheat it. Who cares? Let us have the option! I just want to play a full, realistic game!

If somebody is going to cheat let em cheat, but don't punish the whole community!

Its called game balance. It far more important to have a well balanced game then it is to give players more power, and control. Its better to not have the option to set the quarter length as it can spoil your game.

# 126 FedExPope @ 06/14/11 02:10 AM
Wow. I don't like game modes such as this, I prefer to be the head of a team/franchise (NBA 2K11 had promise but you progress way too slowly and start out way too low...and a 45 OVR = starter in the NBA? lol worthy). After seeing this trailer, I can see the RPG elements that they were talking about that they put in and...I may actually try this out. Create myself in true video game dream fashion...

# 127 moylan1234 @ 06/14/11 02:36 AM
This mode does look fun, but until they add an option to control your entire team and the ability to be recruited by a team builder team I won't play it. One of the NBA2k series had a similar mode that let you control everyone and it was awesome. obviously they took it out so I'm in the minority, but an option would be welcomed.

# 128 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 06/14/11 03:03 AM
well since we have a full high school year will there be an espn top 100 players in the country..will we see if we can become the number one prospect in the country..i would like to see how i stack up against the rest of the high school players..and i feel like the way that teams recruit us should be more immersive than just picking a school we are interested in...idk..can we get messages from schools each week. can we get invited to take a tour of a school

# 129 TheGhostAPC @ 06/14/11 03:27 AM
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! I like that little inside joke add in lol

# 130 dan_457 @ 06/14/11 03:31 AM
I was super amped for RTG but, no custom quarter length seriously kills the excitement for me. I'm tired of averaging something like 13 carries a game, with like a total offense of 220 yards, it's just plain unrealistic.

And the lack of ability to change uniforms again is also kind of silly, but's that's more of a minor grievance.

So does anyone if there's commentary this time around? In not and all things considered, then this mode has gone from very promising, to a placeholder until the rosters are done.

# 131 Fredonia @ 06/14/11 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhostAPC
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! I like that little inside joke add in lol
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that...

# 132 UCOBronchos @ 06/14/11 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
This mode does look fun, but until they add an option to control your entire team and the ability to be recruited by a team builder team I won't play it. One of the NBA2k series had a similar mode that let you control everyone and it was awesome. obviously they took it out so I'm in the minority, but an option would be welcomed.
Well, if you want to control the entire team they do have a Dynasty Mode you can play and control the entire team. It's called thinking, I advise you to use it sometime!

# 133 moylan1234 @ 06/14/11 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCOBronchos
Well, if you want to control the entire team they do have a Dynasty Mode you can play and control the entire team. It's called thinking, I advise you to use it sometime!
yes but your missing key elements to this mode like improving your player with good performance, earning playing time, practices that mean something, etc. none of that is dynasty genius

# 134 UCOBronchos @ 06/14/11 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
yes but your missing key elements to this mode like improving your player with good performance, earning playing time, practices that mean something, etc. none of that is dynasty genius
I understand that but I'm clearly pointing out that RTG's main focus is on you and you alone. Adding other players into it would ruin the entire concept of it. Players progress in dynasty mode for a season of good performance and experience. I do agree that practices in dynasty are worthless but RTG is all about your player, your experience not the teams. After every season players come and go and it's easy to move on without them being there because you didn't make them or play as them.

# 135 moylan1234 @ 06/14/11 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCOBronchos
I understand that but I'm clearly pointing out that RTG's main focus is on you and you alone. Adding other players into it would ruin the entire concept of it. Players progress in dynasty mode for a season of good performance and experience. I do agree that practices in dynasty are worthless but RTG is all about your player, your experience not the teams. After every season players come and go and it's easy to move on without them being there because you didn't make them or play as them.
no it wouldn't, you're not paying attention I'm telling you it's been done differently in another game and I loved it. You can still focus on improving one player while controlling the entire team.

# 136 bigstud23lb @ 06/14/11 08:37 AM
and what game was that your talking about moylan cause 2k11 you control yourself

# 137 acts238shaun @ 06/14/11 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I stayed the entire 4 years. How did you get 100+ tackles in a season. heck, even over 70.
Since of no suction, it may be easier to succeed. I might do a 3-4 OLB instead of 4-3 DE Just because of the chance to speed rush and bull rush.
As a 4-3 MLB I am in the DT's butt crack before the snap, the one closest to center. I am 'hiding' so I can't be taken out immediately by the blocker assigned to me. It's a pretty old tactic used by DC's, I remember the 95' 49ers used it extensively. If it's a run up the gut I hit the hole and if possible meet the QB in the backfield. If it's play action the line will drop back, keep that in mind.

From that point I drop, go left or right depending on the play. I always choose a coverage MLB.

If you use a DE try a 3-4 DE. You get single blocking and don't fight multiple blockers like a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DT.

As far as sacks I had the easiest time with a 4-3 DT. I usually get 8 tackles a game, 6 for loss and a couple of sacks a game. My first season through with one I led the nation in solo tackles, sacks, TFL's and FF's.

Playing as a safety you can use the same principle as the MLB, you can intercept a lot of passes of the middle while backing up, a lot of quick in/slants as you drop back to your deep zone. Don't be surprised if you go a few games with only a few tackles though.

# 138 blamalex @ 06/14/11 10:06 AM
So can you only upload a teambuilder team as an opponent?? Or can you upload a TB team to be the highschool team you play with? It looked like you could only create your team from the game menu...

# 139 SGMRock @ 06/14/11 10:42 AM
Its not mentioned in this video but it was put in another artical somewhere that those boost packs you can buy with XP will not be something you can purchase as DLC right? I know thats one thing I have not liked about NHL games that EA has put out the past years the whole boost pack you can buy and trick out your online player from day one if you want to spend the cash. Though I guess that doesn't matter to much in RTG as your not playing other people online with it. Still I think its cheep, much more fullfilling if you earn your way up.

# 140 acts238shaun @ 06/14/11 10:46 AM
I like the fact there is probably a release rating for QB's. I also like the fact I can possibly max out my player, regardless of school. I am looking forward to this very much. With no suction & no more magic QB's getting rid of the ball right before the sack every time, playing DE will be fun again.

Well, off to finish my RB on NCAA 11.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.