Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to Pastapadre and Kotaku, Phil Frazier (Executive Producer for Madden NFL) is the latest to leave EA Sports Tiburon.

Quote:
"It is currently uncertain where he is headed however two prime possibilities are Row Sham Bow – the new social gaming company started by former Tiburon GM Philip Holt – or the massive social gaming company Zynga which has taken on several former Tiburon employees in the last year."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Dog @ 06/17/11 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
yea, new cut scenes and hand towels etc etc.
If that's seriously all you saw in Madden 10, you REALLY need to get some glasses. Either that or stop letting your little agenda blind you

Sent from my LG Ally using Tapatalk

# 42 kehlis @ 06/17/11 12:03 AM
Quote:
No its not. All I wanted was an improved franchise mode. Madden 10 added some cosmetics........which was put above franchise mode.

Madden 11 added gameflow..........which was put above franchise mode.

But im sure Phil Frazier or Ian Cummings didnt have anything to do with that.
Wait, they both had a huge hand in this years game which has added a potentially great franchise mode, why do you think they had nothing to do with it when they were both there for the largest parts of development?

# 43 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
why do you think they had nothing to do with it when they were both there for the largest parts of development?
I think that answer is quite obvious.

# 44 bigbob @ 06/17/11 12:04 AM
Could this mean the resurgence of the 2K series?

The question I'd love to ask is why. It seems to have come out of no where like many people have said. They're shocked it happened. Was it something that was inevitable and wanted to wait until the game was finished? Who knows.

# 45 at23steelers @ 06/17/11 12:04 AM
People act like if they don't like Madden then Ian and Phil are the first to be blamed. All those fluff features IMO, are due to the marketing team. This year they finally create a game that is geared towards the hardcore users IE this forum, and people still criticize Phil and Ian. Both seemed really passionate about the NFL and tried to deliver a great game this year.

# 46 LambertandHam @ 06/17/11 12:07 AM
Hmm, I was just watching a couple of the E3 videos with Phil in them. I have no real personal opinion on the man, so I really can't comment.

The thing that came to mind for me isn't this year, but what happens with next years Madden team? They've already hinted that commentary might get touched, and you had some FIFA members brought in. Hopefully we're moving in the right direction with 12 and future titles.

# 47 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Hence why I am buying it. Im just saying them now improving franchise mode had more to do with declining sales from the hardcore gamer crowd.
And this wild assumption is based on what?

# 48 CM Hooe @ 06/17/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
No. 2K Football, until the exclusivity arrangement lapses via EA not renewing it, is dead.

# 49 Ian_Cummings @ 06/17/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
People act like if they don't like Madden then Ian and Phil are the first to be blamed. All those fluff features IMO, are due to the marketing team. This year they finally create a game that is geared towards the hardcore users IE this forum, and people still criticize Phil and Ian. Both seemed really passionate about the NFL and tried to deliver a great game this year.
Finally someone with sense!

# 50 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

The question I'd love to ask is why. It seems to have come out of no where like many people have said. They're shocked it happened. Was it something that was inevitable and wanted to wait until the game was finished? Who knows.
If you are waiting for a new game from the 2k guys you're gonna have a real long way, unfortunately. Trust me.

# 51 Ian_Cummings @ 06/17/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Hence why I am buying it. Im just saying them now improving franchise mode had more to do with declining sales from the hardcore gamer crowd.
Wrong.

10 chars.

# 52 canes21 @ 06/17/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Them just now improving franchise has to do with their long term plan. Instead of adding in new stuff for Madden 11, they have been working on revamping the whole mode since Madden 10. They knew it would be risky, but better overall to not improve in in 10 or 11 outside of the hub really, but to bring us a completely rewritten mode that has what we want.

What we are getting now in Madden 12 is from the view and decisions Ian, Phil, and other made around Madden 10.

# 53 roadman @ 06/17/11 12:09 AM
Quote:
Ian already pointed out you were wrong. Why try to continue to dance down the same path?

# 54 kehlis @ 06/17/11 12:09 AM
Quote:
So, you are admitting that the guys you are currently saying are terrible yet they are good enough to produce a game that you will finally buy? I'm not following your logic.

You do realize that design decisions for a game are made on a company level and not left up to just one or two people right?

# 55 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:10 AM
Quote:
declining sales. The number one thing that drives business is sales.

Sales=catering to your customer.
That's it? Wow, very well thought out.

# 56 kingkilla56 @ 06/17/11 12:10 AM
I wonder if key NCAA guys get called up, or if they go from within the current team. I know I would hate for my NCAA guys to leave my game, but it would be great for them to get an opportunity after their great work in NCAA.

# 57 LaW97 @ 06/17/11 12:11 AM
if we have complained about madden for years
and the guys who have been on staff for years are leavin......

i would think thats a good thing

hopefully guys who care about the same thing we complain about will be hired in their place

# 58 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ian already pointed out you were wrong. Why try to continue to dance down the same path?
You and I both know why.

# 59 Dog @ 06/17/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
declining sales. The number one thing that drives business is sales.

Sales=catering to your customer.
Haha dude you're getting proven wrong right to your face and are still in denial

Sent from my LG Ally using Tapatalk

# 60 Nature_Boy @ 06/17/11 12:12 AM
Good luck Phil, you will be missed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.