Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to Pastapadre and Kotaku, Phil Frazier (Executive Producer for Madden NFL) is the latest to leave EA Sports Tiburon.

Quote:
"It is currently uncertain where he is headed however two prime possibilities are Row Sham Bow – the new social gaming company started by former Tiburon GM Philip Holt – or the massive social gaming company Zynga which has taken on several former Tiburon employees in the last year."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bigbob @ 06/17/11 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You'd be surprised what I know.

Even if the NFL didn't renew in 2013, you think 2k is anywhere near ready to put a football game on the shelf? I can tell you with great certainty they are not.
They absolutely are not, but that's 2 years from now. It's not like they'd have to throw some together in a couple of months like it seemed they did was All Pro 2k8.

# 82 at23steelers @ 06/17/11 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
How is it being negative just to be negative by just saying that I didnt like the direction Madden was headed until this year?
You know Phil and Ian both worked on the game this year!! So if Madden keeps getting better, then why is it positive to see the people who are helping it reach its potential leave? I wonder if someone like Michael Young will be promoted. I bet Adembroski and Donny Moore have an inside joke that they wouldn't share with Ian and Phil, so they both left!! haha

# 83 MattIntellect @ 06/17/11 12:29 AM
This news sucks. For the people claiming that Phil and Ian held the game back -- stop it. The Madden developers used to frequent these forums constantly, adding last minute changes to the game, and trying to find constructive feedback to improve every part of the game, especially game play. The community was not very cooperative, which is why interaction started to decrease.

Within these last few years, Madden went from being a tourney-style game to more of a sim, with a bright future ahead. Not everyone may agree, but to say that Madden was being held back by these two guys (who has been with Madden since its glory years), is complete ignorance. Madden would be better with them, than without them.

# 84 canes21 @ 06/17/11 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I haven't read the whole thread, but don't we have a better picture of Phil somewhere? I want a picture of the new and improved Phil.

Best of luck to the guy wherever he ends up, been great to talk/interact with him over the years.
Here is an old post of mine showing a new, slimmer Phil compared to the older Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Some of those shots looked great in the background. And Phil.... you gotta stop getting in the crazy poses man.

Here is the man(Phil) that worked on Madden 10 and 11...

And here is the Phil we get for Madden 12...

# 85 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They absolutely are not, but that's 2 years from now. It's not like they'd have to throw some together in a couple of months like it seemed they did was All Pro 2k8.
to build a game from the ground up? They'd basically need to start now.

# 86 canes21 @ 06/17/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
to build a game from the ground up? They'd basically need to start now.
With how much the game has changed, they'd need to basically rebuild They could build off of 2k8, but I think we'd be better off with a brand new foundation. I'm not sure 2k8's engine could handle the wildcat, or other modern offensive schemes/plays.

This is another topic though, I'll stop.

# 87 BlueNGold @ 06/17/11 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
yea, new cut scenes and hand towels etc etc.
Just to put an end to the "Madden 10 only added cosmetics" thing....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-10-list.html

But I guess Phil & Ian didn't care about making a better game, right?

# 88 ChaseB @ 06/17/11 12:37 AM
Quote:
Here is an old post of mine showing a new, slimmer Phil compared to the older Phil.
I like the second one. It's relevant because he's clearly trying to show off the new wrap tackle pose -- or saying he wants the belt Rodgers/WWE style.

# 89 bkrich83 @ 06/17/11 12:38 AM
Quote:
With how much the game has changed, they'd need to basically rebuild They could build off of 2k8, but I think we'd be better off with a brand new foundation. I'm not sure 2k8's engine could handle the wildcat, or other modern offensive schemes/plays.

This is another topic though, I'll stop.
It is for another topic. But I don't think they would build off of 2k8. One day I'll ask about the turnaround time.

# 90 kingkilla56 @ 06/17/11 12:39 AM
Why are all these guys leaving Madden in particular? What the hell is going on? Then again if I were working on Madden for 15 years I wouldnt mind moving on by now.

# 91 canes21 @ 06/17/11 12:41 AM
Quote:
I like the second one. It's relevant because he's clearly trying to show off the new wrap tackle pose -- or saying he wants the belt Rodgers/WWE style.
I am pretty sure he was being interviewed and was asked to do Aaron Rodger's belt celebration. But I like to think he is challenging Rodgers for the belt.

# 92 DJ @ 06/17/11 12:41 AM
Rumor on the street is that Frazier left EA to purse a career in MMA.

Seriously though, this is a surprise. Phil has been with Madden a long time and he will be missed. I was watching the bonus video features from Madden 2005 with Phil and some young dude named Ian Those were some cool videos and I appreciated the behind-the-scenes look and the look at the history of Madden.

Best of luck to you, Phil, in whatever you plan on doing next.

# 93 Ian_Cummings @ 06/17/11 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Ian and Phil pulling a West and Zampella and starting up a new football game elsewhere? lol Respawn Football?

EDIT: Better suiting name would probably be something like, 2nd Down Sports.
4th and Long Productions?

3 and Out, LLC?

# 94 canes21 @ 06/17/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings

3 and Out, LLC?
3 and Out sounds nice.

You guys are probably teaming up with TheWatcher ,though, and helping him build the ultimate football game based off motion capture. Yea, that sounds about right...

# 95 at23steelers @ 06/17/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Huh, I like the first one much better!!!

# 96 Lodeus @ 06/17/11 12:45 AM
Quote:
You guys should go with that one

# 97 Ian_Cummings @ 06/17/11 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Ian, you're not apart of the company anymore so can you give us a better idea of what's going on over there? Your not on a "gag order" are you?
I guess I could, but I don't think it'd be all that wise. No reason to dwell on old stuff and air dirty laundry, especially against a place that was so great to me. As to why Phil left that's his personal call. He's not coming to our company (Row Sham Bow) as Pasta guesses, I do know that.

When I left, IMO Madden was really headed in the right direction. Outside of that, not much I can say.

# 98 Broncos86 @ 06/17/11 12:47 AM
Quote:
I guess I could, but I don't think it'd be all that wise. No reason to dwell on old stuff and air dirty laundry, especially against a place that was so great to me. As to why Phil left that's his personal call. He's not coming to our company (Row Sham Bow) as Pasta guesses, I know that,

When I left, IMO Madden is really headed in the right direction. Outside of that, not much I can say.
Fixed that for ya, Ian.

# 99 Ian_Cummings @ 06/17/11 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
dunno...I haven't like the game in over 6 years (the entire life span of "next gen")...any change is good as far as I'm concerned. When I look back I still to this day shake my head over the decisions that have been made about the direction of the game and the things they have chosen to work on over the years. I think it's interesting that this is the first year where I'm actually considering getting Madden (based on the videos) and it just so happens to coincide with the exit of Ian and now this guy...coincidence? Maybe.
You do know we made this game right?

# 100 BlueNGold @ 06/17/11 12:49 AM
Quote:
I guess I could, but I don't think it'd be all that wise. No reason to dwell on old stuff and air dirty laundry, especially against a place that was so great to me. As to why Phil left that's his personal call. He's not coming to our company (Row Sham Bow) as Pasta guesses, I do know that.

When I left, IMO Madden was really headed in the right direction. Outside of that, not much I can say.
So is this at all similar to the Live/Elite turnover where things might be going in a different direction in the future so certain people are moving on to other opportunities?

Assuming you can even answer this that is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.