Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Papi34 @ 06/18/11 07:43 AM
The ESPN presentation is great and everything, but it doesn't look like they've added any more stat overlays so there's still only the previous play and probably milestone ones.
I was really hoping for the att/comp, rushes/yds, sacks/tackles, etc. Maybe they've just been skipped through.

# 62 Rules @ 06/18/11 09:10 AM
Looks and sounds exactly like NCAA 11 which isn't a bad thing but I haven't seen anything to justify going out and paying another $60 when 11 should hold me over for another year.

# 63 Wildcats302 @ 06/18/11 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Looks and sounds exactly like NCAA 11 which isn't a bad thing but I haven't seen anything to justify going out and paying another $60 when 11 should hold me over for another year.
Then you do not pay attention to all that they have added to the game this year. Have fun with the outdated game

# 64 Rules @ 06/18/11 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Then you do not pay attention to all that they have added to the game this year. Have fun with the outdated game
Lol I can live without mascots and dreadlocks.

# 65 EvanRG @ 06/18/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Lol I can live without mascots and dreadlocks.
Well, no, not really -- they did add a coaching carousel to dynasty, ability to tear apart the conferences any way you want, custom playbooks, no more "player morphing to the tackle."

Regardless, if you are happy with '11 (which is a great game, btw) that's all that matters. In this economy I'm having a hard time deciding how I am going to buy all the games I want this year and I may have to switch my pre-order to Madden because of how amazing it looks.

I'm looking at Madden, NCAA, NBA 2k11, PES12, BF3... that's a lot of $$$$.

# 66 Rules @ 06/18/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Well, no, not really -- they did add a coaching carousel to dynasty, ability to tear apart the conferences any way you want, custom playbooks, no more "player morphing to the tackle."

Regardless, if you are happy with '11 (which is a great game, btw) that's all that matters. In this economy I'm having a hard time deciding how I am going to buy all the games I want this year and I may have to switch my pre-order to Madden because of how amazing it looks.

I'm looking at Madden, NCAA, NBA 2k11, PES12, BF3... that's a lot of $$$$.
I'm in the same boat:

Madden 12, NBA 2k12, NHL 12, FIFA 12, PES 12, BF3, COD 3. So NCAA 12 is getting the ax.

# 67 inojoking @ 06/18/11 12:19 PM
They really need to fix the crowd noise. They sound like they are at a boring *** baseball game instead of a big time pac 12 game.

# 68 Wildcats302 @ 06/18/11 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inojoking
They really need to fix the crowd noise. They sound like they are at a boring *** baseball game instead of a big time pac 12 game.
But that's the thing, it's not a big time game. It's Utah vs. Colorado...not USC vs. Oregon or Oregon vs. Stanford, etc.

# 69 jwilphl @ 06/18/11 12:31 PM
I was watching a video of NCAA '11 side-by-side to compare it with this one. The notable difference is the graphics--NCAA '11 had good graphics but I think the lighting system in '12 makes it stronger. The 3D grass difference is also noticeable to some extent. The gameplay looks very similar, yes, maybe a tad slower in '12. I imagine the bigger difference will be in how it "feels" which you can't get from videos.

The presentation is almost identical which is the unfortunate part. Obviously some extra pre-game stuff has been added to '12, but you won't see this during the large majority of the time you're playing the game. The entire sound department seems unchanged, although I thought they had discussed improvements in crowd noise. I have yet to see tangible evidence of that. It would be best to compare to '11 to see the true results.

The commentary is still fantastically poor--clearly just a few adds and cuts since '11. If NCAA is implementing the new tech like Madden, hopefully this will change next year. But they haven't mentioned anything so I imagine this will not see an upgrade until '14. It seems like for a lot of certain upgrades NCAA is always one-step behind Madden. This started to change more recently and that NCAA was becoming its own game outside of Madden's shadow, but with what Madden has done this year, I fear there is a bit of relapse in that regard.

I'm confident these guys will get the formula right--they are certainly taking positive steps toward it. Perhaps some new insight is in order to help finish the deal.

# 70 AgentQ16 @ 06/18/11 01:03 PM
Why in the #$% can't they get rid of the entire front 7 creeping up to the line like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings or Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein...."Walk this way....." Have some variety for cryin out loud in player movement! EA needs to improve their movement animations. We've had the same running and "creeping" animations for 4 years.

# 71 Cobra of 1999 @ 06/18/11 01:35 PM
wow.. the dude playing as colorado reallyneeds to stop calling four verticals on every play.. gets a little predictable

# 72 Playmakers @ 06/18/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
it's not a outdated game.....i mean come on it was just created last year....it's not like he's deciding to play a game from 4-5 years ago

hell people still play NFL 2K5, APF 2K8 and CH 2K8 do you call those games outdated?

if the guy doesn't feel the jump from NCAA 11 to NCAA 12 is worth his $60 that is his decision no need to act like he's making a mistake or something based on your opinion of the games

There are lots of people who think NCAA 12 was just a small upgrade overall....i think it's just a small upgrade but I'm big football fan so i'll get it anyway but i'll also keep playing NCAA 11

I think they clearly put a lot more time in Madden 12 but hey that's just the way it is this year nothing we can do about it

# 73 UniversityofArizona @ 06/18/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
But that's the thing, it's not a big time game. It's Utah vs. Colorado...not USC vs. Oregon or Oregon vs. Stanford, etc.
Stanford isn't exactly known for their crowds. I have no idea what the crowds are like at Utah and Colorado, but I would imagine a little more interest being that they are joining a new conference and what not.

# 74 rhombic21 @ 06/18/11 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
NCAA 11 + consecutive hit tackling + souped up zone coverage = NCAA 12
That's somewhat accurate, but "souped up zone coverage" is a pretty big deal. I mean, if zones go from being useless to being fairly good (though still not completely realistic), then that qualifies as a pretty big improvement, IMO. The inability to play good pass defense, particularly against spread sets (which largely requires good zone defense) was arguably the biggest problem on NCAA '11, so if they have addressed that then it's a notable improvement, IMO.

Also, custom playbooks are a big improvement that should indirectly affect gameplay.

Still, I agree with those that are noting serious concerns about the pass rush from the front 4. Hopefully blitzes and zone blitzes work, and work better now that the coverage on the back end has been improved, but the front 4 should be more active in getting to the QB.

Right now it's just hard to make a determination on that without knowing the ratings of the players/teams involved. If the game plays mostly like we've seen in these last 2 videos, then I agree that pass offense will still be way overpowered. But if it's closer to what we saw in some of the videos from E3 (OSU-Nebraska), then it might be a pretty balanced game, with some offensive shootouts, but also the potential to have low-scoring games and more of a chess-match on defense.

# 75 SkillzKillz719 @ 06/18/11 05:54 PM
Looks a lot better than 11' IMO

# 76 SteelerSpartan @ 06/18/11 06:53 PM
As with the other vid, Im worried about the lack of 4-Man Pressure....stated my case over there(http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/489143-ncaa-football-12-video-alabama-oklahoma-state-5.html)...so I'll only say again.....shoot for an average of 3-4 secs of protection!!

The atmosphere is just really bland.....Even more so then 11 maybe...

I really hope the NCAA team is making the investment that Madden did, and going for a more broadcast style approach next year.....with the camera angles and frequent stat overlays

And of course more Transitional Animations FTW Xs1000000000

The jury is still out though on how well the Spread Option Offense runs in this game with the CPU......

But providing they fix the CPU Depth Chart Glitch...where you have players playing out of position all over the place and entire D-Lines made up of safties..

I could finally see myself having a decent time with Dynasty this year
The double hit tackles/Zone D look pretty good, and with custom playbooks I'll be able to have some fun with Zone Blitzes(I'll Have more fun if Pass Rush is tuned right though)

# 77 Rivals @ 06/18/11 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
Stanford isn't exactly known for their crowds. I have no idea what the crowds are like at Utah and Colorado, but I would imagine a little more interest being that they are joining a new conference and what not.
The Oklahoma State/Alabama game is just as eerily quiet. The comment about it sounding like a baseball game was spot on. I hope they didn't ruin the crowd sound effects attempting to differentiate crowd noise from stadium to stadium.

# 78 Rivals @ 06/18/11 07:49 PM
Actually, to follow up on the audio issues, I don't really hear the breakaway audio sounds they added into the game a couple years ago. During those quiet moments in a game, you would usually hear that guy yelling, "What was that" or something. I'm not hearing that audio in these videos. The audio concerns are warranted. That "defense" chant EA used last year was straight out of a girls high school basketball game. Sometimes things don't get changed for the better.

# 79 NDFan1029 @ 06/18/11 08:14 PM
It might just be me, but the stadiums all seem larger and more true to their real size in this year's game. The crowd noise is also noticeably better. Colorado is by no means the largest stadium in Div. 1, but it felt intimidating. Once thing I did notice that could be improved is I didn't see the fans in the Utah section celebrating at all when their team scored a touchdown, they just kinda stood there.

# 80 gator3guy @ 06/18/11 08:20 PM
Agreed, the stadium did look good, I will say that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.