Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Back by popular demand!

In case you don't realize, the thread we all helped out on for NBA 2k11 was certainly used in fine tuning some details for the game. Let's get this party started for NBA 2k12.

Some rules:

This thread will focus on things such as the following:

Arenas
Player Faces
Player Accessories
Jersey Mistakes

Let's keep the topic focused in these areas. Compiling this information only benefits us.

Now to start and expand on something 2k added this year:

Buzzer beaters
There has to be better emotion out of things like this. You can see 2k put in a variety of fist pump animations and such and it was a great start. Before that, 2k10 had a rare few, including this one:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (SIDE NOTE: PLEASE have someone look at the flash player for your site. Embedding videos does not work with the code provided and you get the gray box as seen above)

We need more like this with players running to the other side of the court with the number one finger up or running and stopping and staring at the crowd.

Here is a GREAT reference video.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE CROWD!!

Add yours and we'll put them all in this post.

Player Specific
- Body Types - There need to be more body types in the game. Players like Duncan, Pierce and Glenn Big Baby Davis just don't look right chiseled. Examples:
Wiry - Skinny and long - Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Durant, George Hill
Normal - Undefined muscles - Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Anderson Varejao, Samuel Dalembert
Muscular - Very defined - Dwight Howard
Hefty - Big and bulky, a little "chunky" - Glenn Davis, DeJuan Blair

-Player faces in need of updates: Carmelo Anthony, Danny Granger, Matt Bonner, Andrew Bynum, George Hill, Andray Blatche, Javale McGee, Deron Williams, James Harden, Kendrick Perkins, Carlos Boozer, Bill Walker, Wilson Chandler, Joakim Noah, Luol Deng is bald, Andrew Bogut, Monta Ellis, Nick Young, Andrea Bargnani, David Lee,

Carlos Boozer - Signature motion after dunk, scream and head bob up/down
Wesley Matthews - Signature taunt after a three.

Tatoos - Wilson Chandler is in DIRE need of an update. References: 1, 2, 3, 4

Signature Shots - Bargnani and Calderon were changed by the 2k Insider over the course of the season to a better shot. PLEASE don't change it back to their sig's, which were actually off.

Accessories
-Calf Sleeves - Half size and Full size (There is a SLIGHT difference here. At first they look the same but HALF doesn't reach ankle and FULL does.) Don't forget the sleeve pads.
-Small Knee Pads
-BIG Knee braces - As seen on Duncan and Bosh.
-Adidas license - Especially Dwight Howards double arm braces. (We know it's a license issue - but get it anyway. )
-Elbow Bands - You have them below the elbow (probably b/c of graphical glitches). They go on the elbow. One thing you can do is take the arm sleeves and modify that. Less work and solves the problem quickly.
-Player warm up jackets - Randomly add them to players that come back to the bench after playing.
-Mouth guards
-Head bands - be able to position logo (front, angled L/R, Back) The NBA should be ok with this. If possible, try to sneak in upside down as well.
-Baller Bands - able to select two different colors
-Please make accessories specific to player's in-game injuries (SimBaller - this may require your help! )
-Oakley Goggles

Shoes
-Higher Res. shoes, please!
-Add more of 'em. 'nuff said. Even if it is through DLC!
Nike - Kobe Zoom 5/6, KD2/3, Air Max Fly By, Flight Lite 2010, Huarache 2010, Sharkley,
Adidas - Pro Model 2010, Infiltrate, Super Beast, Adizero Rose 1.5, Speedcut, Atitude MC's
Converse - EB3

Arena Specific
-Camera Angles! Create a camera angle setting called "Arena" and make it specific to that arena. Don't think your customers can't handle a slight change in angle - we can!
-New Orleans - Benches are reversed; Home is on the left, Visiting on the right (if you are facing the scorer's table)
-Verizon Center: Please fix the arena lighting. You guys have them playing in lights out lighting, and it's not the correct lighting used when watching their games on TV. The crowd should be very visible and the court lighting should be much brighter. The lighting you had in 2k10 was correct.
-Staples Center: Not dark enough on the crowd.
-MSG was very well done!
-Staples Center (Clippers) - Red needs to be more red. Looks more pinkish than red.
-Oracle Arena (Warriors) - Colors are off, especially the blue. Real life vs. In game.
-America Airlines Arena (Heat)

Jerseys
-Nets logo must be larger on the front (as opposed to this).
-The Raptors jerseys all have the maple leaf above the name on the back of the jersey now. In 2k11 it still only had the leaf on the black alternates. Ref. 1, 2, 3.

Other
-Pre-game shootaround in warmups
-Different gear on players during pre-game intro (Beats headphones, backpack, non-suit attire)
-Injury cut scene to the "tunnel"
-Injured players should get helped by at least one or two other teammates, not back away.
-Have the CPU send players to the scorers table for substitutions ... they always seem to run on the court in between FT's or during TO's.
-Different jersey fittings (tight, regular, loose)
-Accessory color selection right before tip-off (for players that wear "team specific" gear)
-Post game interview? Can make it just a cut scene as the announcers wrap up the game.
-Crowds wearing team-specific jerseys.
-Arena court "scuffs" as the season progresses.
-Players falling into fans and interacting with them
-Fans catching the ball and throwing it back when it goes out of bounds
-News from around the league during gameplay
-Other scores and stats from different games showing up in a ticker!
-CAP Tattoos need to be updated: Options for a sleeve, etc.
-Clear the bench on a game winner!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 aloncho11 @ 07/05/11 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
- A better face for DWADE!
He already has a better one...Check out the first NBA 2K12 screenshot.

# 182 jdburris88 @ 07/05/11 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
- Fix the horrible lunch line formation when heading back to the locker rooms
- More variation for time-out huddle animations
- Better replay cut-scenes between qtrs. ENOUGH with shots of player's facial expressions and coaches complaining
- A better face for DWADE!
- Different haircuts for create-a-player
- Neutral lips for create-a-player, not smiling or frowning
- I like the shoes like NBA Live 10 had. The custom color option was nice,but....
- Socks that show with half-calf sleeves
- Smarter Crowd Reactions to big moments
- Retired players should return as coaches
- FULL ALL-STAR WEEKEND!!...NUFF SAID!!
- Certain dunk animations happen in slight slo-motion,please fix this
- Lineup intros please, maybe even team specific..like Miami when they play Phil Collins
- Ability to choose the All Star arena after the 1st year in Association Mode
- Better player size proportions
- Better transition in and out of animations post play. I hate it when a player goes from fist pumping after an and 1 to suddenly walking emotionless to the free throw line
- Crowd cut scenes a la NFL 2K5
- Signature dribbling and movement would be a nice addition( Lebron Crab Walk)
- Ability to assign custom celebrations for specific events like a clutch shot or monster dunk
- Ability to catch a pass on a fast break without stopping first
- Add james Jone's salute after a 3 pointer,Wesley Mathew's 3pt goggles,Dirk's 3 sign etc...
- Bigger rivalry atmosphere...since you can't have cleveland fans boo just lebron, have the whole arena constantly boo the HEAT anytime they touch the ball...

That's my list of improvements,hope someone's listening......
everything you said is what is needed to be fixed in this game especially when the team go to the huddle and talk with the coach. i also don't like that when it's halftime and everybody is walking to the back everyone's just walking in a straight line... i also think that they should put the FIBA World Championship Games on 2k12 hell ea ain't using it so 2k need to put that in the game

# 183 Basketball GURU @ 07/05/11 11:30 PM
Pregame ritual, Derrick Rose blows a kiss to his mom every home game.

# 184 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 07/06/11 12:10 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but can we get better timeout animations. Usually guys are much more closely together and the coach is showing them a play on a clipboard.

In 2K11 everyone is just standing around and not looking like they're in a huddle.

# 185 MG2PRime @ 07/06/11 07:58 AM
They are making nba 2k12 for ps2 too. So add all this stuff on the ps2 version.

lma
p.s. ps2 user

# 186 MG2PRime @ 07/06/11 07:42 PM
Nothing is impossible...ps2 can have great graphics. I know you have a ps2 too and you know they were some games that was just as good as the 3rd generations games. Have you played Star Wars The Force? Graphics are boss.
At least make the ps2 version look like nba 2k9 does on the 360 and ps3. Besides ps2 plays dvd format, doesn't the xbox 360 play dvd format.

# 187 Squirrel_Dude @ 07/08/11 02:18 PM
Teams shouldn't be taking the ball in from half-court at the start of quarters. It happens when you play my-player and you sim to the start of the next quarter.

# 188 edubbs @ 07/08/11 03:46 PM
The Spurs road black uniforms are dark gray in the game, when they should be black. The dark gray road black uniforms in the game was an ongoing issue for the Spurs up until 2k10, where 2k finally fixed the issue.

Somehow, it made it's way back in 2k11. Hopefully, the art team makes the correction for 2k12.

# 189 ecworldwide @ 07/08/11 07:11 PM
Each areana should have a different pa annoucer

# 190 youvalss @ 07/08/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecworldwide
Each areana should have a different pa annoucer
That would be awesome, but I can't see them actually doing it.

# 191 TheBadazz @ 07/09/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That would be awesome, but I can't see them actually doing it.
Well have just two and the game automatically alternates them.

# 192 LiL_MiK3Y @ 07/09/11 06:25 AM
IMMA CELTICS FAN SO I'M JUST GOING TO EXPRESS THE ISSUES I SEE ON THAT TEAM. RONDO NEEDS A FACE JOB AND 2K NEEDA GIVE HIM HIS HAIRLINE BACK. RAY BEEN NEEDING A NEW FACE FOR A LONG TIME AND SO HAS PAUL PIERCE. ALSO I NOTICE RONDO WEARS A TIGHTER SHORTER SLEEVE WHICH LEAVES ROOM FOR HIS SMALL WRISTBANDS. IN 2K THERES ONLY ONE LENGTH. AND FOR HOME GAMES RONDO AND ALLEN WEAR WHITE SLEEVES, NOT BLACK. AND IF YOU COULD SNEAK IN DOUBLED SOCKS OR A WIDER VARIETY OF SOCK LENGTHS THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL BUT THATS JUST ME.

# 193 wrestlinggod1 @ 07/09/11 09:33 AM
Last year it was CB. Now, UD.

New haircut!!

# 194 KyotoCarl @ 07/09/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG2PRime
Nothing is impossible...ps2 can have great graphics. I know you have a ps2 too and you know they were some games that was just as good as the 3rd generations games. Have you played Star Wars The Force? Graphics are boss.
At least make the ps2 version look like nba 2k9 does on the 360 and ps3. Besides ps2 plays dvd format, doesn't the xbox 360 play dvd format.
They're not putting in as much time and effort into the PS2 version when they have PS3 and Xbox standards to live up to, which is fair in my opinion. If you want the good graphics, you should invest in a new console.

# 195 aloncho11 @ 07/09/11 06:41 PM
^And it's not only a difference in graphics, but also overall system performance, AI, and user interface & control

# 196 stillfeelme @ 07/09/11 11:12 PM
Here are a few that could that could go a little deeper on the auntenticity of the NBA but are small details.

1. How about if we are allowed to play after the whistle for a few seconds. Say there is a foul on the perimeter and you were allowed to keep on playing as if there wasn't a foul and just shoot. Or the same thing suppose you are fouled but there was no continuation on the play but you shoot anyway and make the shot. Then have the fans react like it counts lol this happens all the time in NBA games. Then they can have the commentary say something to the effect of no continuation or whatever. To build on this you should be allowed to Kevin Garnett goaltend block shots after the whistle. KG does this all the time and other players have copied it as well.

2. Another thing sometimes after a change of possession the ball heads towards the other end of the court. The person imbounding the ball walks all the way down the court to get the ball, and the clock is still moving. They need to take this out. Stop the clock and have someone else get the ball and throw it down court if this happens.

3. Here is another thing that deals with change of possessions. Sometimes after a layup is made the person that made the shot bounces the ball to the ref. I know this is a small detail but these are the little things that up the realism. You would really see a lot of this during full court press after a made shot. This doesn't have to be every possession but it occurs in the NBA.

4. There needs to be more interaction between players on the same team, say after fouls and also more emotion for things such as and ones. There should be more cut scenes of players just talking to each other discussing what just happened on the previous play. There isn't enough real "communication" between players.

5. I know they are implementing some updates for buzzer beaters but there needs to be something done when the game is tight and you hit a shot to put you up with time remaining. The bench, the players in the game and the crowd should react a little more lively or if you are on the road the crowd should go silent even if there is time remaining.

6. To followup on what I said above there are certain situations that should draw certain reactions out of the crowd and the players on the court depending on whether home or away:

Players getting dunked on should always gets players on the bench and on the court hype as well as fans. If you are away the crowd should not be "oohing" or cheering as loud. Or unless you are a top tier team with fans that are everwhere

Alleyoops with dunks, fast break dunks and dunks in general the same as above.

A cross over and you leave the man going in the wrong direction is an automatic "ooh" moment unless you are not the home team.

# 197 SWAGGERBOY68 @ 07/10/11 02:31 PM
also add espn mode like in madden 10 are 11 and make it a little better. also add some shoes such as the addias crazy light shoes and let us be able to walk around in the locker rooms in my player mode. also make the the screen for my player mode look like a house you can get messeages etc. and as you get paid more you can upgrade your house and stuff. i think this would make my player mode much better.

# 198 aloncho11 @ 07/10/11 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Here are a few that could that could go a little deeper on the auntenticity of the NBA but are small details.

1. How about if we are allowed to play after the whistle for a few seconds. Say there is a foul on the perimeter and you were allowed to keep on playing as if there wasn't a foul and just shoot. Or the same thing suppose you are fouled but there was no continuation on the play but you shoot anyway and make the shot. Then have the fans react like it counts lol this happens all the time in NBA games. Then they can have the commentary say something to the effect of no continuation or whatever. To build on this you should be allowed to Kevin Garnett goaltend block shots after the whistle. KG does this all the time and other players have copied it as well.
This is a very good idea. Let's see if it has been implemented in the game when it comes out .

# 199 shsboiballa13 @ 07/10/11 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph
1) We need home team player intros! I was really surprised that this was not in 2k11 since the Bulls have the most recognizable entrance music in all of the basketball. 2k11 brought us some reminisce of "tv presentation" so they need to step it up with player intros.

Player Intro video (dont knwo if it will come up though....)
http://youtu.be/xBfjJpdiTII

2) Ive been hearing through the wire that the edition of Major Classic teams might be the selling point in this years games SO we need Classic sneakers to go with the Classic teams.

Nike:
Air Zoom Flight 95
Air More Uptempo
Flightposite
Foamposite One
Air Penny II

Shox BB4
Blazer (old school players)
Air Force 1
Air Flight Hurarche

Reebok:
Shaqnosis
Kamikaze II
Question
Pump Omni

Converse:
Aero Jam
Weapon
Pro Leather (old school players)
Chuck Taylor (old school players)

Adidas:
T-MAC I,II, and III
Superstar (old school players)

**would have added pics for all but dont know how......just google'em**
The penny line would cause me to automatically buy it..

# 200 youvalss @ 07/10/11 04:29 PM
I'm a bit confused with this thread. I understand it's not a wishlist and that we aren't supposed to ask developers to implement these things. So, why exactly are we talking about it? Unless it's only for enjoyment...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.