Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The JareBear @ 06/27/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
When I watch these User vs. User vids, defensive playcalling seems quite often to be an afterthought. They either pick an all out blitz or some random zone. Its like, "I'm on defense, how boring," Stops or interceptions come from the User on offense simply making a bad read.
this is a good post and I agree with it. a number of the user game videos have really dumb play calling. am I the only one who waits to see what the offense comes out in first?

so is cover 4 the the only zone defense that can stop verticals?

# 42 ThaShark28_316 @ 06/27/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeld1
Its a sad day in the sports video game world. We have to put up with this type of put out by EA Sports. The game play looks the same, plays the same and no different then any other college football game they have put out after taking the right to be the only one to make the game. With all the new technology we have today, this sucks! Its 2012 folks, I cant say it enough, the game play sucks!
What did you want it to look like?

# 43 Sausage @ 06/27/11 09:20 PM
I have been avoiding game play vids to have some surprise come release day. I do have one question though, are the QB's making errant throws under/over or just completely missing?

Before they patched NCAA 11, QB's weren't robo and I would have a fair number of poor throws which was really great. I also hope they don't over patch and tune this game to it's demise. I really hope they don't hurt the A.I. this year.

# 44 sparkdawg777 @ 06/27/11 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
Like it's been said, the TCU user just called the wrong defensive play.

If you see a team with a 5 wide formation before the play you don't call a cover 2!

Quarters - Man coverage or Quarters Cover THREE

Just a bad user playing

Thank you. Guys come on, are we really that limited to guys who actually KNOW football on here? I'm not bashing anyone who is still learning the game, but I'm getting sick and tired of people complaining about the game when their football knowledge is limited. Now I think a majority of the people on this board understands the game, there's just a select few who choose to complain about something that they really don't know about. Like last year there was a guy on youtube who complained about a bug in the spread QB option play because the tackle didn't block the DE, which is what was suppose to happen! I usually just let these things slide but it just keeps coming up more and more. End of rant.

# 45 Matt10 @ 06/27/11 09:35 PM
I think the animations have improved, and well shown throughout the video. Yes, it still has that same feeling that it's not 'quite' a college football game.

Play NCAA 04, and that felt like a ture college ball game. The animations now are a bit smoother than last year, but I still feel there is some clunkiness going on.

# 46 TheDirt @ 06/27/11 10:18 PM
The pass at 3:00 is thrown 55 yards in the air, on a line, and it hits the guy perfectly in stride. My guess is you could run this same play against this same defense 100 times and you'd probably have the same result 90 of them. (And I'm speaking generically based on last year's game, I know Kellen Moore is probably the most accurate QB in the nation.)

In the real world a pass that's thrown 55 yards in a similar situation is probably complete 50% or so (and that's probably high). And hitting a guy perfectly in stride happens less.

Yes, Cover 2 Zone will leave these routes open. But if bad throws happened more often, playing that defense would be fine. Especially when it's 1st and 10 and not in an end-of-half situation.

For example, the other two plays on the offense's selection screen there were Slot Corner and Middle Slant. Cover Two should work decently on those plays. The problem is that a 5 yard pass is just as accurate as a 55 yard pass, so you're better off giving up the 5 yarder.

I really don't think this is a football knowledge issue - football knowledge has been corrupted by these games.

# 47 dodgerblue @ 06/27/11 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have been avoiding game play vids to have some surprise come release day. I do have one question though, are the QB's making errant throws under/over or just completely missing?
If there are, I'm not seeing them. This is something that needs to be improved on. It seems like most passes are either caught, knocked down or dropped when irl passes should be off target. I'm waiting for the day when a game implements some sort of analog directional motion with the passing game.

# 48 thegreatape01 @ 06/27/11 10:37 PM
This blue field is very white

# 49 khaliib @ 06/28/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Thank you. Guys come on, are we really that limited to guys who actually KNOW football on here? I'm not bashing anyone who is still learning the game, but I'm getting sick and tired of people complaining about the game when their football knowledge is limited. Now I think a majority of the people on this board understands the game, there's just a select few who choose to complain about something that they really don't know about. Like last year there was a guy on youtube who complained about a bug in the spread QB option play because the tackle didn't block the DE, which is what was suppose to happen! I usually just let these things slide but it just keeps coming up more and more. End of rant.
I think it's long slide to say folks don't know football.

There are just too many perspectives that understanding of the game are pulled from.

On the Blocking example, it may be how he's seen/played it.
So can't say he's really wrong because there are so many blocking schemes for Option Plays out there.

All of this is just another example of why any Sports Game here on out, needs to be fully Customizable, because there are so many perspectives at play dealing with how a game should play out on their screen.

Looking at the Vid again, I finally see that one of the Major things missing is the Atmosphere of College Collisions.
It's no where to be found which gives us the opportunity to spend more time looking at the little things instead of talking about a Collision that happened while playing.

# 50 4solo @ 06/28/11 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I think it's long slide to say folks don't know football.

There are just too many perspectives that understanding of the game are pulled from.

On the Blocking example, it may be how he's seen/played it.
So can't say he's really wrong because there are so many blocking schemes for Option Plays out there.

All of this is just another example of why any Sports Game here on out, needs to be fully Customizable, because there are so many perspectives at play dealing with how a game should play out on their screen.

Looking at the Vid again, I finally see that one of the Major things missing is the Atmosphere of College Collisions.
It's no where to be found which gives us the opportunity to spend more time looking at the little things instead of talking about a Collision that happened while playing.
In theory what you are saying is correct but not really. True there are many ways to block an option but the basis of any option is to leave the last man on the line of scrimmage unblock (which is usually a DE). So that you have the option to give it to the back or keep it depending upon what the defender is doing. And this is true with any option, read or triple. If you block the last man on the line of scrimmage it isn't considered an option.

# 51 GoBlue81188 @ 06/28/11 01:30 AM
This was the first video I really watched for 2012 this year and I'm not really impressed. It didn't look any different than 11. The blocking doesn't seem improved at all. D lineman still stay blocked wayyyyyy to long... Just my .02

# 52 BFig @ 06/28/11 01:54 AM
Unless they weren't used in the game, then i guess they don't have the new TCU unis.

# 53 nag5115 @ 06/28/11 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFig
Unless they weren't used in the game, then i guess they don't have the new TCU unis.
or the new boise state unis

# 54 BFig @ 06/28/11 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nag5115
or the new boise state unis
Maybe they were just using the orange alternates to show them off, but it would be a real downer if they didn't have both teams's new uniforms because they'll be worn every game, unlike the pro combats.

# 55 khaliib @ 06/28/11 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
In theory what you are saying is correct but not really. True there are many ways to block an option but the basis of any option is to leave the last man on the line of scrimmage unblock (which is usually a DE). So that you have the option to give it to the back or keep it depending upon what the defender is doing. And this is true with any option, read or triple. If you block the last man on the line of scrimmage it isn't considered an option.
Again, depends on the scheme and personnel.
This is the Basic Read scheme (last man on the line).

I've seen some Wild variations of Option Blocking both playing and coaching.

I've seen/played against option schemes were there is a Crack on the 4-3 End and the read is the OLB.

Here's a weird Option Scheme I've had to coach against:
T/G combo DE to OLB, C seal wk-side DT reading the st-side DT (who is unblocked), while motioned TE leads through behind the st-side DT onto the MLB.

Out of Shotgun, QB takes a step back and shuffle steps with the RB (path to outside shoulder of T) as he reads the DT, then pulls and follows behind the TE's lead block.

Who ever heard of Optioning off a DT?
That coach had a lot of time on his hands I guess!

We gave up over 370 rushing yrds because our DT's were now hesitating because they were being told to read an Option play.

The least athletic players on the field being forced into an athletic situation.

My point being that there are Option schemes out there that try and push the envelope and there are things being done on the field that we might not even consider as possible.

So to charge someone as not knowing what they are talking about, especially with a video game, is a long stretch.

Everyone here knows something that the next gamer might not know.
We just need to respect every thought/understanding even if it's outside the scope of our own understanding.

I know, way off thread topic!
Just bored, as most are, waiting to get my hands on the Demo.

# 56 SkillzKillz719 @ 06/28/11 04:54 AM
I'm gunna buy it and everything..... but I cant help but look at 12' gameplay and only see 11'..... at least without getting my hands on the actual game. But from a distance thats all it looks like honestly...

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.