Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

The second Title Update for Fight Night Champion has been released and is currently available for download on both PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360.

In case you missed it earlier, details for Title Update #2 can be found here.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sense @ 06/28/11 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachozen1
thanks the fans for helping destroy a beautiful boxing game..This game will now be traded for something else in the near future.
Destroy a Beauiful boxing game???? This game has had flaws since it came out....at least now there some balance.

# 22 sense @ 06/28/11 01:16 PM
One thing online that is extremely noticable, is that the Top 100 fighters aren't nearly as good as they were before the patch.

# 23 kongemeier @ 06/28/11 01:17 PM
Guys, when you start the game, does it say that Update 1.02 is available for download?

I don't get that message I even tried to uninstalling patch 1.01 just to see if this did the trick - it did not!

Maybe it's because I'm in Europe. We tend to get things a little slower over here, but I couldn't do it on my fake US profile either!

Frustrating as hell! My wife is out tonight so I got plenty of time to some fights in and see how the patch works!

EDIT:
Nevermind - guess the patch is not out in Europe yet! *SIGH*
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7349033.page

# 24 NYG_Meth @ 06/28/11 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense
One thing online that is extremely noticable, is that the Top 100 fighters aren't nearly as good as they were before the patch.
Including me. I just happened to be one of the few who actually played the game the right way. If I care enough, I will adapt, but right now it doesn't seem worth the adjustment.

# 25 EarvGotti @ 06/28/11 02:20 PM
The patch is amazing. You have to fight smart now. Cant just overwhelmed your opponent with punches, or run away the whole fight and end up winning.

BOXING IS BACK BABY!

# 26 clivo1050 @ 06/28/11 02:20 PM
Is it me or has the judging been terrible since the first patch/tuner? Why doesn't it reward me for throwing less and landing more? Match after match I lose rounds I clearly won. I thought the judging was very well done on release.

With regards to the patch, stamina is definitely much better but slightly too low. I had a guy slowing down in the 1st round! I just KO'd three people using Tyson by just letting them gas out in the mid rounds.

# 27 sense @ 06/28/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
Is it me or has the judging been terrible since the first patch/tuner? Why doesn't it reward me for throwing less and landing more? Match after match I lose rounds I clearly won. I thought the judging was very well done on release.

With regards to the patch, stamina is definitely much better but slightly too low. I had a guy slowing down in the 1st round! I just KO'd three people using Tyson by just letting them gas out in the mid rounds.
I had that happen to me too.

# 28 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 02:51 PM
How is offline playing?

# 29 Money99 @ 06/28/11 03:55 PM
For offline, do you notice if the CPU is more conservative with it's energy/stamina?
I love hearing that stamina has been fixed, but I hope the CPU is smarter about it and doesn't simply wail away until it's zombie-walking around waiting to get KO'd.

# 30 DaveDQ @ 06/28/11 04:15 PM
I don't know about what has become of this title. As I look back at things it's almost like when they said we'd have patches and tuners we, from the start, felt the game would be released in a broken state. In some ways it was, but several moths later things are so muddy and unclear.

Every tuner/patch has been an adjustment for me. You don't have the sense that you have a core game and it is being tweaked. Rather, you have this up and down instability where things are being taken out, and other things are being added. From one punch KOs, to "authentic brutality," to the perfect block. It's like the whole game is a beta project.

This current patch leads me to feel the same. It's another adjustment I have to make so that I play the game toward its adjustments. I don't know that I want that again. Maybe the payoff will be there but overall I'm let down by FNC.

# 31 acarrero @ 06/28/11 04:20 PM
I'll test it out when I get home tonight. But I have to say, how did EA turn this game into such a mess? The initial out of the box game was great. It just needed a few tweaks. Now, we get a different game with no real cuts or swelling, no real stoppages due to damage, and perhaps no ability to use guys like Ali effectively! In others words, the game has taken about 5 steps back and a couple steps forward. EA gave in to the fans on its forums way too much. This should've been the greatest boxing game of all-time, it should've been, easily, but it has been atrociously managed by EA and it's devs. I will know tonight if it's worth playing again.

# 32 DaveDQ @ 06/28/11 05:26 PM
I'm winning but the jab is dead. It just doesn't do anything anymore. The way I win is to press my opponent and never go backwards. It's when you go backwards where you drain stamina way too much.

I'm guessing the next "exploit" will be hooks to the body. That's where the money is.

# 33 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/28/11 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Glad you guys like it. I'm done. There is no way to fight as an outside fighter effectively. I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano. He threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I couldn't jab him and move, he'd just block and walk through it, and once he was inside, there's nothing I could do to get back out of range. As a real-life boxer, this is a slap in the face.
Good post. When the changes were announced I thought being penalized for movement would ruin the game. Why should anyone be punished for being on their bike? It's one thing to apply pressure, and have someone on the run from good pressure. But, sticking and moving is something entirely different, and it doesn't sound like they've differentiated between the two.

# 34 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/28/11 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm winning but the jab is dead. It just doesn't do anything anymore. The way I win is to press my opponent and never go backwards. It's when you go backwards where you drain stamina way too much.

I'm guessing the next "exploit" will be hooks to the body. That's where the money is.

The jab is dead... In a boxing game...

This is what I mean about tuners though, they just haven't helped at all. The game is constantly changing, drastically. I'm very skeptical about buying this game, because I have no idea what it might play like 1 month from now. Instead of making subtle changes to balance the game out, each patch and tuner set has been a knee jerk reaction. People started off complaining about the jab, now they've killed the most important punch in boxing. People complained about stamina (which was the biggest issue IMO), now you can't move back without depleting your tank.

I applaud EA's effort with this title, but seriously how can you make the jab ineffective and not give people the option to dance around the ring. That's boxing, and they were suppose to be making a sim boxing title. If people are running online, sorry but that's realistic. You just have to do your best to cut off the ring. Eventually the running should wear a fighter down, but simple in and out movement, disengaging, shouldn't be so heavily penalized.

# 35 AncientEgypt @ 06/28/11 06:24 PM
This Game isn't BOXING anymore!!!!

Its just a BODY Punching GAME now.

there is nothing special about it anymore.

I fight as ALI a lot! and ALI wasn't GREAT before this UPDATE he was downgraded then!

Now you throw this UPDATE and Body Spammer all they have to do is throw body shots the whole FIGHT!

How can I AVOID, EVADE or get out of the way of his body shots, You can't do it effectively!! if you take to many shots from someone like
Mike Tyson your going DOWN!

I have to literally not Throw punches for 60 seconds or longer by round 5 or 6.

Its ridiculous NOW!!

# 36 AncientEgypt @ 06/28/11 06:31 PM
I'm not the type of Fighter that Stay going Backwards.
I back up & stick and Move!

but I can't DO that! that is BOXING!!

If you BOX or a BOXER your penalized

There is a BIG difference between someone whom
STICKS & Move and someone that RUNS!

but your right! it seems they didn't separate the 2

How in the HELL we're going to BEAT a GOOD Body Puncher! if you can't!
STICK & Move!!! or good Tyson player even.!!

# 37 Hova57 @ 06/28/11 07:04 PM
Money it all depends where you have the cpu output at. I have my pretty high and they throw alot of punches so if its low they don't throw alot, plus they only throw when you are near them

# 38 boritter @ 06/28/11 07:10 PM
The bad news:
This patch is worse than all the other diarrhea patches EA released for this game.

* All that matters is who can body hook faster. No other punch is needed.

* Light Heavyweight RJJ can own Ali & Tyson in ranked matches because he throws faster body hooks than the heavyweights. If they back away from RJJ their stamina drops. If they stay close RJJ's body hooks lower their stamina and lead to quick KO.

*When you are stunned your stamina only regenerates if you a) stand still or b) move toward opponent. If you move away from opponent your stamina will not regenerate. How did EA not know this was unrealistic & stupid?!?

The good news:

I bought FNC from a store that accepts returns on unsatisfactory products. I'm returning FNC and getting my $60 back. I'd rather flush it down toilet than reward EA for making this manure game.

# 39 DaveDQ @ 06/28/11 07:18 PM
It's bad. I'm going to give it some more time tonight but it doesnt look good. If ever the game was one dimensional it's now.

# 40 AncientEgypt @ 06/28/11 07:22 PM
Yes EveryONE OWNES ALI!! i never lost to Vitali! in a RANK match!! never! this guy picks Vitali!! and Took care of my ALI! EASY!!

ALL he did is BODY punch the whole Fight! he threw NO punches at my head!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.