Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 demo is available now for the 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday like never before with the NCAA Football 12 demo. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact by leading your team to victory. Play in two exciting match-ups as Alabama takes on Florida State and Oregon battles Texas. Get details on other great improvements to NCAA Football 12, and share the demo with a friend to unlock 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1401 ehh @ 07/08/11 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
I've played several games on both Heisman and All American and I have the same problem I've had the past few years. Heisman seems too unrealistic with psychic defenders and super linemen. All American is too easy with everything just seemingly going my way. Hopefully with good AA sliders the game will play well.
Interesting, so far from my experience with the demo this is the first time Heisman doesn't have the super/psychic defenders.

# 1402 TDenverFan @ 07/08/11 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I just got done playing as Oregon and won 38-0 on AA. I used passes in the middle of the field and deep balls the whole time. Not trying to exploit anything, I just wanted to see if what others have said is true. It is. I completed almost every deep pass. It seemed like the DB's just decided to stand there for a second until my WR passed them.

I also completed almost every pass in the middle of the field. I had a couple knocked down to be fair. There was one pass in the redzone where I called a dig route and the DB stayed with me as my WR cut to the middle and then He literally just stopped on a dime and stood there. Im really not seeing the improved Zone D when it comes to deep balls or the middle of the field. I am pretty disappointed right now. I want this game to be great. But this is unacceptable to me.

I will wait and see what the first patch and tuners do before I buy this year.
Wow. 38-0? I'm just glad if I can reach 10 on AA or Heisman.

# 1403 tate09 @ 07/08/11 10:17 AM
pros: shotgun running is drastically improved. run blocking in general seems improved. zone defense is actually playable. CPU QB's have shown the ability to scramble. CPU controlled players on the human team actually rush the passer.

cons: CPU is so blitz happy it's embarrassing (again). countless double corner blitzes, 8 man rushes against empty, etc... zone read animation takes forever (again). play action is nearly an automatic sack regardless of how well you're running the ball and setting it up (again). nearly every incompletion i throw is a result of DL batting it down at the line or an LB busting out the superman jump(again).

very disappointed.....at least we got dreads though

# 1404 canes21 @ 07/08/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
On a side note, is there any way to turn this play art off? It's really throwing me off and forcing me to make wrong reads....
Yes, just go check the options.

Spoiler

# 1405 snickersNsprite @ 07/09/11 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Say that to my face not online and see what happens.

lol, I see it now brah.

I know it's probably a n00bie question, but I haven't had internet in weeks. Have the terrible graphics on PS3 been addressed?
Because Auburn fans are stupid...lol, jk
Yeah if the PS3 game looks as bad as the demo I'm not buying it.

# 1406 NDFan1029 @ 07/09/11 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavie Steelo
It wasn't really colors to much. The text under the names looked really weird on PS3 to me. It seemed like it took up a lot of room on the screen and looked really blocky. The Texas field logos didn't look as good and the players looked rougher around the edges and not as smooth. Maybe it is just my PS3 settings. Glad I tried out both demos though will be getting XBox for sure now though.
I noticed the text as well, and I played the 360 demo. It was some kind of strange "Times New Roman" font that was pretty large on the screen. I also had problems figuring out which player I was controlling because of it. Other than that, I really have nothing else to report.

# 1407 dmr9 @ 07/09/11 06:59 PM
Returned my first demo kick-off for TD today with Kenjon Barner. 99 yards.

# 1408 JakeReaves @ 07/10/11 12:08 AM
-I feel like I have no control of the DL. There's no rhyme or reason to any of the moves is what it feels like. Very frustrating. The moves just don't feel like they work at all.

-Offensively, am I the only one having a ton of drops? (Heisman)

-Loving the running game between the tackles, outside the tackles not so much

# 1409 moylan1234 @ 07/10/11 12:43 AM
two fun games as bama tonight. a couple moments that stood out were first as a LB I blitzed past the LG for a sack and he raised his hands up to his head because he was mad at himself as I was laying on top of his QB. then later in the game FSU was inside my 5 and I was in goal line D to their 5 wide set. Brad said something along the lines of "several mismatches to choose from here as the D goes heavy on the line to counter the 5 wrs" I hadn't heard that one before

I do agree JakeReaves that DL control needs some work, but is it me or do DL fire off the ball much better than when this demo first dropped? In one of my first games after downloading the DE I was controlling stood straight up after the snap, but now they get off the ball much better

# 1410 Hova57 @ 07/10/11 12:04 PM
Not trying to put the defense at a worse advantage, but shouldn't away teams on defense feel the pressure too. on offense as the away team your players lose composure and the squiggly lines. shouldn't you have the same on defense as the away team too. Also this is an art issue, but should the cheerleaders have the school name or logo on their clothing instead of a blank spot.

# 1411 dochalladay32 @ 07/10/11 12:07 PM
Why am I not seeing this ease in kickoff returns? I've played 6 or 7 games and there have been 0 KR returns by either team. I usually get to about the 30 and the computer is about the same, maybe a few yards less.

# 1412 WWF80sKid @ 07/10/11 12:19 PM
I havent checked this site in a while, so I forgot the demo was available. I downloaded the demo last night. I love it. I preordered the game, but its only five bucks. Still, I am going to get it asap. Probably with birthday money.

Played both games last night. On Varsity. Won 27-0 with Oregon, and 21-0 with Florida State. I love the flow of the game, and cant wait to see Denard Robinson with his dreads!

The only bummer is, last year at this time I was unemployed, so I really got to jump into this game. Wont be like that this year, but I will still find time to enjoy it.

# 1413 JakeReaves @ 07/10/11 01:13 PM
Drops, drops, drops...

Anyone else?

# 1414 Skyboxer @ 07/10/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
Drops, drops, drops...

Anyone else?
this was addressed with the release day patch.

# 1415 sportzbro @ 07/10/11 05:59 PM
I finally bought a 360 today and played both matchups.

Short & Sweet version:

First, the game look amazing... grass, lighting, uniforms - its unreal.

Second, it plays sooo much better than the previous versions. Players feel quick or heavy and the suction problem they fixed is greatly noticeable.

Given the way it plays and looks, plus the dynasty additions...I'll be buying this tomorrow night @midnight for the first time in years. I think with a few of minor additions (ball size, chain gain, uniform conf. patches) and maybe some more dynasty presentation (heisman and college gameday) NCAA 13 will be the new standard for the series. NCAA 12 though is def. the best one I've played since 06 on the xbox.

Depending on the full game, I may be able to get over 06.

# 1416 ASUsideline @ 07/10/11 07:58 PM
Anybody have the Demo Freeze on them during game Play?

# 1417 cardswin2006 @ 08/24/11 10:05 AM
So I downloaded the demo last night and played two games and liked it a lot.

Like most games, there seem to be a lot of threads about stuff being "broken" and "unplayable" and the bug/glitch thread is like 100 pages long. I know that there were some issues with the Online Dynasty, but I only play offline. So with that being said, my question is this: Is the gameplay in the demo reflective of what is in the retail version? And if so, would someone who has no issues with the demo (apparently I'm easy to please ) pull their hair out from the bugs in the retail version--especially if I'm only playing offline dynasty?

# 1418 BadAssHskr @ 08/24/11 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
So I downloaded the demo last night and played two games and liked it a lot.

Like most games, there seem to be a lot of threads about stuff being "broken" and "unplayable" and the bug/glitch thread is like 100 pages long. I know that there were some issues with the Online Dynasty, but I only play offline. So with that being said, my question is this: Is the gameplay in the demo reflective of what is in the retail version? And if so, would someone who has no issues with the demo (apparently I'm easy to please ) pull their hair out from the bugs in the retail version--especially if I'm only playing offline dynasty?
damn you for resurfacing this thread!

when i saw it, i read patch instead of demo......

the cool breeze of excitement i had when seeing this first thing at work just ran down my leg.

# 1419 TDenverFan @ 08/24/11 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
damn you for resurfacing this thread!

when i saw it, i read patch instead of demo......

the cool breeze of excitement i had when seeing this first thing at work just ran down my leg.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this...

# 1420 cardswin2006 @ 08/24/11 10:46 AM
LOL. Sorry about that guys. Sounds like everyone is dying for the patch, huh?

I know you probably hate me for resurrecting the thread, but any input as to my original inquiry?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.