Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

It looks like all of the teams featured in this year's MLS season will be in FIFA 12.

Quote:
There seems to be a bit of confusion around FIFA 12 and MLS. To clarify: All teams featured in this year's MLS season WILL be in the game.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheGipper86 @ 06/29/11 12:26 AM
As a Whitecaps fan, this tickles my fancy.

# 2 TripleCrown9 @ 06/29/11 12:40 AM
Never really paid attention, but has this been a recurring problem or just in 11?

# 3 LuGer33 @ 06/29/11 12:45 AM
Yay Union!

# 4 rckabillyRaider @ 06/29/11 01:49 AM
Good! The rumors were out of control. Montreal should be in 13

# 5 JMUfootball @ 06/29/11 02:30 AM
Great that the teams are in, but how are the players rated? I'm sick of seeing MLS players consistently underrated ingame because the league has that stigma of being inferior. No, it's not EPL or the Bundesliga...but on paper MLS is more talented top to bottom than all but about 5 or 6 leagues in the world, and certainly falls on par with other second-tier brand name leagues like Eredivisie.

To compound that, the whole rating system in FIFA is screwy. Speed is universal, yet if a player doesn't play in a top league he'll never have higher than 75 speed ingame. Maybe other parts of his game are still very raw, but speed needs to still be high. Same with shot power - even bad players can have a cannon, but you wouldn't know it from FIFA. It's a far too simplistic way to represent the individual talents you see on the field, really in any league in the world.

(btw Lets go red bulls)

# 6 squadron supreme @ 06/29/11 08:03 AM
Slow your roll now. I like the MLS but hey are no where close to being on par with the Eredivise. You look at what would be considered the second tier leagues which is anything besides La Liga, Serie A, EPL and Bundesliga and MLS is towards the bottom. MLS isn't better than the Dutch, French, Portuguese leauges. In fact just looking at the North and South American leagues the MLS is at best fourth behind the domestic leagues in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico.

# 7 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 06/29/11 08:25 AM
This is great news , now what i would also like to see them say is that they have doubled international teams as well at the LEAST. Especially African Teams - Nigeria , Ghana , Ivory Coast...Just to name a few , and my favorites.lol. In all seriousness though , It would be great to see more international teams instead of having to go back and play Fifa World Cup 10 to use some of the teams I want.

# 8 Skyliner80 @ 06/29/11 11:01 AM
I'm just glad to see the MLS growing. I wouldn't be surprised if it passed the NHL (in popularity) in five years.

# 9 JMUfootball @ 06/29/11 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
Slow your roll now. I like the MLS but hey are no where close to being on par with the Eredivise. You look at what would be considered the second tier leagues which is anything besides La Liga, Serie A, EPL and Bundesliga and MLS is towards the bottom. MLS isn't better than the Dutch, French, Portuguese leauges. In fact just looking at the North and South American leagues the MLS is at best fourth behind the domestic leagues in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico.
There's a difference between top talent and top to bottom talent. Let me put it this way, if you take a top MLS club (Galaxy, last year's RSL, healthy Red Bulls) and pit them against a top team in a second tier European or South American league (Ajax, Santos, OM), the foreign team will win. But, since talent is dispersed amonst MLS and concentrated in foreign leagues, if you were to instead take teams from the bottom of the respective tables, I'd argue that the quality of bottom rung MLS teams surpasses quality of bottom rung second-tier league teams.

It's a hypothetical argument because I don't think MLS has played enough international clubs to provide sufficient match history. So while I agree with you of course that top teams in Eredivisie, Ligue 1, would beat top MLS teams, I think the balance of MLS, with quality players sprinkled throughout even on bottom teams, shouldn't be underestimated.

# 10 Whitesox @ 06/29/11 08:13 PM
I hadn't seen any of the rumors, so I'm unsurprised. I'd be livid if this came to pass, though.

# 11 TGraen23 @ 06/30/11 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
I'm just glad to see the MLS growing. I wouldn't be surprised if it passed the NHL (in popularity) in five years.
The Gold Cup Final between USA and Mexico had more viewers than the Stanley Cup Finals actually.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

# 12 Bruins @ 06/30/11 11:31 AM
This is news?

# 13 Bgeezy87 @ 07/13/11 09:09 PM
Whatever happened to "if it's in the game it's in the game". EA needs to get back to it's roots. How about the stadiums for these teams as well?

# 14 Whitesox @ 07/16/11 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgeezy87
Whatever happened to "if it's in the game it's in the game". EA needs to get back to it's roots. How about the stadiums for these teams as well?
EA can't do stadiums for every team in the game, that's way too much.

# 15 Bgeezy87 @ 07/16/11 04:40 PM
They just released NCAA 12 with 120 FBS stadiums. I know they can handle more than what the give us.

# 16 CaptainZombie @ 07/16/11 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgeezy87
They just released NCAA 12 with 120 FBS stadiums. I know they can handle more than what the give us.
That is very true, we should be able to get them all.

# 17 Bruins @ 07/16/11 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
well playing with the Sounders the other day in FIFA 11 their stadium is in the game... I thought that was cool
No it's not.

# 18 Bgeezy87 @ 07/16/11 07:33 PM
I know there are more teams than any other sports game but they only offer a few stadiums at best. As long as they fix career mode I'll play in a dirt field.

Ps. More stadiums.

# 19 Bgeezy87 @ 07/16/11 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
No it's not.
Word. And they already have that stadium created in madden. Smh.

# 20 Bruins @ 07/16/11 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
well I meant the Seahawks stadium where the Sounders use to play... not the new one
Huh? What are you on?

The Sounders still play at the Seahawks stadium... and it's still not in FIFA 11.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.