Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Serving as the moderator for this edition of Fact or Fiction, I wanted to ask some questions that echoed some of the sentiments I had been reading on the site in regards to the NCAA Football 12 demo.

Dustin Toms and Christian McLeod were the two participants this time around, and they had the opportunity to answer those questions.

Read More: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cj7298419 @ 07/01/11 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Excellent Excellent write-up... Bravo
Agreed. And I concur with the opinions expressed in that write-up. After playing the demo and looking at the growing number of retail vids being put on YouTube, this is the most excited I've been for an NCAA Football game since '04.

# 2 Skyboxer @ 07/01/11 12:08 PM
If I don't get NCAA and Madden early I may kill my neighbors cat?

FACT

Good write up! Nice read.

# 3 sparkdawg777 @ 07/01/11 12:12 PM
Nice write up agree with most of what you said. However, I disagree with what you were saying in response to jayson. Or at least the presentation part, the presentation has been poor compared to what NCAA Basketabll 10 was capable of doing in a couple months (adding CBS). Now I don't mean that EA needs CBS (though I wish they would) but rather that compared to other sports games the commentary is bland and the rest of the presentation is a disappointment, it is better than 11, but it is not the true ESPN broadcast feel that NCAA Basketball had. The replay cams absolutely kill the real presentation feel to me. I think they will be able to focus more on the presentation next year especially after seeing Madden 12.

# 4 bukktown @ 07/01/11 12:24 PM
What is with the MLB the show misinformation?

A. It has good commentary? Jayson?

B. It doesn't have autosave/autoload? Christian?

# 5 BadAssHskr @ 07/01/11 12:24 PM
Quote:
As someone who dumped almost 11 months into NCAA 11, the gameplay improvements in the NCAA 12 demo were apparent within minutes of picking up the controller. Don't believe me? Play the demo for a few hours and then pop in NCAA 11. It's almost unplayable. You are free to believe that the game has not innovated as much as you expected, but to claim this game has not had enough gameplay refinements to differentiate itself from NCAA Football 11 is ridiculous.
truer words have never been spoken.

i wish people would understand this.

# 6 rudyjuly2 @ 07/01/11 12:26 PM
Well I disagree with you guys and I'm not a 2K fanboy that yearns for 2K5 to be renewed. I've been a long time NCAA guy and the demo did not feel that different to me from NCAA 11. I certainly expect NCAA 12 to be better but is it that much better to be called NCAA 12 rather than NCAA 11.5? Not in my mind. The cpu spread is still weak, I still see super leaping LBs, I still see a real lack of player momentum where the players are clearly video game players whose movements do not reflect reality. They ruined the r-stick juke move after ruining the truck move last year and the stiff arm hasn't really existed on the PS3. The only special RB move we have left is the unrealistic spin move.

I don't think the new tackling/collision system is that much different. It's not revolutionary in any way. We still don't have a true physics engine. The OL/DL interaction is still a very black and white affair with way too many pancakes. The upgraded presentation with game track and entrances is nice but that is offset but the very stale commentary.

To talk about the positives zone defences are better. I've read that cpu scrambles more in the retail version. I can only hope that the cpu can run the spread offence properly since it's such a huge part of college football. The super jumping LB is toned down but still exists. NCAA 11 was a good game and NCAA 12 is a more refined version of that but I don't see any revolutionary changes. To be fair I think you can say that for almost any sports game year to year.

For this game to become a monster of success I believe we need new commentary, a smarter cpu that actually plays like a human, and a true physics engine with realistic player movement. Just my two cents. I will be buying this game day one and I expect to have fun with my Michigan dynasty. I also expect to stop playing it once college football season is over as I don't think the game will be good enough to carry it year round.

# 7 MrRudy @ 07/01/11 12:29 PM
I definitely feel like there are members of this community that will find something wrong with just about anything. I've done my fair share of complaining about the lack of growth when it comes to Teambuilder, but the demo played amazing and better than NCAA11, which I'm was playing as of a week ago.

I like Christian's point about going back too. I played 5 or 6 games on the demo and then tried to go back to my dynasty. It was rough and pretty joyless. I'm going to miss my 2018 six-star Virginia Cavaliers, but it's time for a new chapter.

July 12th, cannot get here fast enough.

# 8 Step2001 @ 07/01/11 12:30 PM
I liked the game, it felt right, like Madden! Now they need to capture the College Atmosphere. Crank up the crowd. Crank them up at key parts of the game.
It's been mentioned in the forums about bringing back "Home Field Advantage" with the control shake. Visiting team audibles and the players don't always hear the call and run the wrong route or play.
A Frosh QB is a rattled more than an upper classmen.

I'll pick it up after the patches are done, I was going to pass this year, but the game plays really well.

# 9 blkrptnt819 @ 07/01/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Well I disagree with you guys and I'm not a 2K fanboy that yearns for 2K5 to be renewed. I've been a long time NCAA guy and the demo did not feel that different to me from NCAA 11. I certainly expect NCAA 12 to be better but is it that much better to be called NCAA 12 rather than NCAA 11.5? Not in my mind. The cpu spread is still weak, I still see super leaping LBs, I still see a real lack of player momentum where the players are clearly video game players whose movements do not reflect reality. They ruined the r-stick juke move after ruining the truck move last year and the stiff arm hasn't really existed on the PS3. The only special RB move we have left is the unrealistic spin move.

I don't think the new tackling/collision system is that much different. It's not revolutionary in any way. We still don't have a true physics engine. The upgraded presentation with game track and entrances is nice but that is offset but the very stale commentary.

To talk about the positives zone defences are better. I've read that cpu scrambles more in the retail version. I can only hope that the cpu can run the spread offence properly since it's such a huge part of college football. The super jumping LB is toned down but still exists. NCAA 11 was a good game and NCAA 12 is a more refined version of that but I don't see any revolutionary changes. To be fair I think you can say that for almost any sports game year to year.

For this game to become a monster of success I believe we need new commentary, a smarter cpu that actually plays like a human, and a true physics engine with realistic player movement. Just my two cents. I will be buying this game day one and I expect to have fun with my Michigan dynasty. I also expect to stop playing it once college football season is over as I don't think the game will be good enough to carry it year round.
Name a better football game? IDC how much u talk about gameplay 2k5 and 2k8 are unplayable! They look they were made on an etch-a-sketch. And on top of that it plays slow as molasses! You look at the good of a game but never the bad. Yes, things need to be added but name a better football game? Unless u say Madden it's impossible.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

# 10 rudyjuly2 @ 07/01/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Name a better football game? IDC how much u talk about gameplay 2k5 and 2k8 are unplayable! They look they were made on an etch-a-sketch. And on top of that it plays slow as molasses! You look at the good of a game but never the bad. Yes, things need to be added but name a better football game? Unless u say Madden it's impossible.

I'm not a fan of those 2K football games. NCAA 12 may be the best football game ever created on the PS3. But that doesn't mean it's a truly great game or a revolutionary improvement over NCAA 11.

I do get tired of everyone judging people that have a different opinion as though we are whiners or have an agenda. I do have tough standards. I have no problem admitting to that. But just because someone disagrees with someone doesn't mean they have an axe to grind. People will always have different opinions and people need to respect a differing view point.

# 11 sparkdawg777 @ 07/01/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819

Name another company that currently makes a football game?

# 12 BenGerman @ 07/01/11 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Nice write up agree with most of what you said. However, I disagree with what you were saying in response to jayson. Or at least the presentation part, the presentation has been poor compared to what NCAA Basketabll 10 was capable of doing in a couple months (adding CBS). Now I don't mean that EA needs CBS (though I wish they would) but rather that compared to other sports games the commentary is bland and the rest of the presentation is a disappointment, it is better than 11, but it is not the true ESPN broadcast feel that NCAA Basketball had. The replay cams absolutely kill the real presentation feel to me. I think they will be able to focus more on the presentation next year especially after seeing Madden 12.
Yeah. While I love the gameplay additions, and the RTG as well as Dynasty improvements (seriously, I have been screaming for CC ever since College Hoops did it), the presentation leaves something to be desired. I normally turn off the commentary, and boost up the rest of the stadium sounds. It sounds pretty good at that point if you have implemented Stadium Sounds. I hate that no one has followed the lead of NCAA Basketball 10, but seeing as the series was canceled afterword, I'm not shocked it hasn't happened.

College Football is ESPN, ABC, and CBS. With one commentary team, it greatly diminishes the presentation EA has worked so hard on. I know how EA loves throwing in extra DLC so why not charge us $3 for an extra commentary team (and maybe integrate some CBS overlays)? I think FIFA did that not long ago. That way it doesn't need to fit on the disc, and you make extra money from it. I know commentary is going to change next year, because after the past two years I have seen how great the NCAA team has been at listening to the hardcore fans. We got our Coaching Carousel. Broadcast integration or Dynamic Commentary has to be the next step in creating the best football game yet.

# 13 sparkdawg777 @ 07/01/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Yeah. While I love the gameplay additions, and the RTG as well as Dynasty improvements (seriously, I have been screaming for CC ever since College Hoops did it), the presentation leaves something to be desired. I normally turn off the commentary, and boost up the rest of the stadium sounds. It sounds pretty good at that point if you have implemented Stadium Sounds. I hate that no one has followed the lead of NCAA Basketball 10, but seeing as the series was canceled afterword, I'm not shocked it hasn't happened.

College Football is ESPN, ABC, and CBS. With one commentary team, it greatly diminishes the presentation EA has worked so hard on. I know how EA loves throwing in extra DLC so why not charge us $3 for an extra commentary team (and maybe integrate some CBS overlays)? I think FIFA did that not long ago. That way it doesn't need to fit on the disc, and you make extra money from it. I know commentary is going to change next year, because after the past two years I have seen how great the NCAA team has been at listening to the hardcore fans. We got our Coaching Carousel. Broadcast integration or Dynamic Commentary has to be the next step in creating the best football game yet.

Yeh these aren't gamebreakers for me, I'm still going to enjoy this game but I just think if they added 1 more broadcast team, or a completely new team it would help a lot. I actually like Nessler but it will always get old listening to the same voice, unless its Morgan Freeman.

# 14 dochalladay32 @ 07/01/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
College Football is ESPN, ABC, and CBS. With one commentary team, it greatly diminishes the presentation EA has worked so hard on.
And the NFL is on CBS, FOX, ESPN, and NBC. NBA is on ABC, TNT, ESPN, etc... You can't cover everything.

# 15 Pokes404 @ 07/01/11 12:43 PM
Gameplay is improved, no doubt. But as long as the player movement, foot planting, and OL/DL interactions remain this bad, this game is never going to draw me in.

Those things are so basic to how the game is played that as long as they are this unrealistic, the game is never going to look, feel, or play like a "sim" football game should. Unfortunately, judging from the lack of progress in these areas for years, it doesn't look like they are planning any more changes in these areas on this generation. I may have to wait until next-gen to get the game I've been looking for.

The game gets better every year, but they put themselves in such a hole to begin with that I doubt they'll ever climb out of it on the current generation of consoles.

# 16 TFunaro @ 07/01/11 12:44 PM
I totally agree with Jayson.

# 17 sparkdawg777 @ 07/01/11 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Natural Motion and Midway games recently.

Let me rephrase that, college football games with licenses.

As long as someone has the licenses then the other football games will not stand a chance.

# 18 RumbleStud @ 07/01/11 12:47 PM
Haven't bought an EA sports football game in years, but I have played them all by borrowing from friends and every year I always think the same thing "*sigh* damn license...I wonder what NFL2K__ would have been like?..."(dream sequence). Then NCAA Football 11 drops with glowing reviews but never been able to get my hands on 1 b/c my friends don't do "college" but it definitely peaked my interest enough to download this years demo and well I'll put it this way, if Madden 12 doesn't play as equally or better than this demo, then NCAA 12 will be the 1st college AND football game I've bought ina long time.

This game actually looks and most importantly PLAYS the way it should. Did suction really have to take this long to fix? I mean seriously, the elimination of this one glitch has done WONDERS for this game.

# 19 sparkdawg777 @ 07/01/11 12:50 PM
I'm an NCAA guy, I've bought it every year since 99, all I'm saying is without licenses the new football games can't compete. Look at MLB and what 2k has done, if it were not for Sony then The Show would not be around and baseball video games would suck. Of course you'd still have the fanboys who say "well, name a better game" 2k5 was 6 years ago. Look at what it had, compared to now the features have taken a step back from that. NCAA is still a good football game but we have know idea if there was real competition that it would be the best.

# 20 209vaughn @ 07/01/11 12:51 PM
NCAA 12 would be a great game if it was the only game on the market. I've said this over and over again, but i think gamers are looking at Madden 12, they're looking at 2k11 and are starting to expect more depth from there franchise modes.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.