Home
MLB Bobblehead Pros News Post

Back at E3, I previewed MLB Bobblehead Pros and pretty much could not say enough nice things about it. Konami's Power Pros baseball franchise is beloved for all the right reasons, and this $10 XBLA arcade game seems to be just another way for more people to experience the franchise.

Many folks may have missed out on the series because it has mostly been known for being released on Nintendo platforms this generation, but it's a simulation baseball series that is hidden under a cartoon-like graphical facade. While this version is not quite as in-depth as some of the earlier retail versions of the game, it seems like there is still local co-op online, an edit player feature (although it seems to be locked when you first play the game), full 162-game season and create-a-team elements as well.

Some members here at Operation Sports have already picked up the title and have some nice things to say about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
And the game is incredibly realistic..I just started a season and the Pirates blasted the Cubs 8-5. The Cubs starting pitching was atrocious, and the they had 2 errors in the field. You can't ask a game to be anymore realistic than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
It is looking good, and it feels exactly like Power Pros. It's just as easy to play.
There is a demo for folks to try, and it appears more content will be coming to the game later in the summer. Some of the content coming at a later date includes a home run derby, as well as My Bobble mode, which seems like it will be some sort of career mode where you control one single player for a whole season. I doubt it will be as in depth as "The Life" mode found in other Power Pros games, but it would still be a welcomed addition regardless.

Lastly, while the Xbox Live Arcade version is the only one out right now, it seems like a PS3 version will be coming at a later date.

Game: MLB Bobblehead ProsReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
MLB Bobblehead Pros Videos
Member Comments
# 441 Storm12 @ 05/18/13 11:28 AM
I'm guessing the arrange mode works for bobblehead pros like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wrMM...5154BB&index=1

And Fiddy? Yes you will need to make an edited copy of the team, so for Jose Reyes you would need to change him over to the blue jays and make a edited copy of the team.

# 442 falcons2003 @ 05/18/13 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
hmm, so i cant just go to a team and then edit Jose Reyes on the Mets to someone else? like just change his name/hair/ etc? they will make me add them to created teams?

i at the time bought the battle pros add on... is that what you mean? the 3 inning type hitting game.
Ya, thats what you do, it's just pretty tedious. What I did was trade the guys who were already on the game to right teams. Then just edited players on teams that are no longer in mlb, to some of the rookies or new players.

# 443 Fiddy @ 05/18/13 04:46 PM
ok, its actually pretty simple from what i just tested.

i defaulted the rosters, that way players that were updated and added to other teams dont have old teams uniforms on (ex Derek Lee on Pirates in his O's jersey/hat/helmet).

then, all im going to do is edit each player from player edit screen. no need to save custom teams.

sure, guys stats when walking up to plate during quick games wont be accurate, but i dont care. that all changes in a season mode. still going to take a while. siiiigh!

# 444 falcons2003 @ 05/18/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
ok, its actually pretty simple from what i just tested.

i defaulted the rosters, that way players that were updated and added to other teams dont have old teams uniforms on (ex Derek Lee on Pirates in his O's jersey/hat/helmet).

then, all im going to do is edit each player from player edit screen. no need to save custom teams.

sure, guys stats when walking up to plate during quick games wont be accurate, but i dont care. that all changes in a season mode. still going to take a while. siiiigh!
Ya there is an added step if you want to edit then add players to the roster update. So in that sense it's more tedious. However, there are more guys probably on the right teams with the update, so you save yourself some work on that end. So I guess it's probably all relative.

# 445 Fiddy @ 05/18/13 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Ya there is an added step if you want to edit then add players to the roster update. So in that sense it's more tedious. However, there are more guys probably on the right teams with the update, so you save yourself some work on that end. So I guess it's probably all relative.
yeah, those guys are on new teams, BUT, they have on their OLD teams jerseys/hats/helmets during the games. looks dumb lol. Derek Lee playing the field for the Bucs in his O's jersey and hat. ha

# 446 jyoung @ 05/19/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
really wish like im sure i stated 100x's in here before that we could somehow share updated rosters.
The issue is that the game doesn't have a "roster" file to share like most other sports games.

It just has a single "save" file that encompasses everything in the game.

# 447 Fiddy @ 05/19/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The issue is that the game doesn't have a "roster" file to share like most other sports games.

It just has a single "save" file that encompasses everything in the game.
yeah i noticed that..

that save couldn't be shared like other files on here? via usb.. have a few guys work on it together..

# 448 michfan16 @ 05/20/13 10:30 PM
Could someone try uploading a copy of their saved file? I would like to see if it is possible to share between multiple people.

# 449 falcons2003 @ 05/24/13 08:43 PM
Is there anyway to set the cpu controlled teams lineup in this version? I forgot..lol. I haven't played season mode in awhile. I couldn't remember if there was a trick to it or something. I think maybe the only way to set the cpus lineup when you play them?

edit: its under the set roles within created team screen.

# 450 jyoung @ 05/26/13 09:56 PM
Just confirmed this tonight:

The "invite to game" trick does not work for purchasing the Bobblehead Battle DLC. My guess is that it won't work for any other Bobblehead related content, either.

So if there's any Bobblehead DLC you don't have at this point, there's no way to purchase it unless you want to import the PS3 version that has everything included on one disc.

# 451 falcons2003 @ 05/31/13 11:55 PM
Man these rosters are really really rough updating. Its taking me almost an hour per team. I only have 3 teams done, haven't had alot of time to do many. Don;t know if I will keep doing it. Gotta give those roster makers out there alot of credit, very time consuming and tedious.

# 452 michfan16 @ 06/01/13 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Man these rosters are really really rough updating. Its taking me almost an hour per team. I only have 3 teams done, haven't had alot of time to do many. Don;t know if I will keep doing it. Gotta give those roster makers out there alot of credit, very time consuming and tedious.
yea it really is rough, I have been trying to edit rosters using the custom teams and edited players and I am only a few teams in as well. It also doesn't help that I have no system to my ratings...

# 453 falcons2003 @ 06/01/13 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michfan16
yea it really is rough, I have been trying to edit rosters using the custom teams and edited players and I am only a few teams in as well. It also doesn't help that I have no system to my ratings...
Ya I think the custom team, old school arrange mode, does save you a little bit of time from having to rename a player on an original roster, if he is on another team, just move him over to the created team. Renaming and editing names of players not in the game anymore, to new players, on that 360 controller, (or maybe its just mine) just doesn't seem to move to quick on the on screen keypad. I tried a usb keyboard but the game didn't read it, figured that would happen.

For re-rating players system I'm trying to just find a MLB player with similar attributes and go from there. For example, I figure the highest rated power hitters are Pujols, Hamilton, Howard, Fielder, and I use their power ratings as the bar, and just come down from there for players. I try to use a similar system to other attributes. I know it's nowhere near a good system but I'm just going with that. I'm trying not to get to technical to save time, not doing crazy edits, just very basic ones. And it's still takes awhile.

# 454 jyoung @ 06/01/13 02:14 PM
If you like to do a lot of roster editing, the Xbox chat pad is a worthy investment.

You can get one for about $10 online:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=operasport-20

# 455 Storm12 @ 06/01/13 02:20 PM
So the editing mode doesn't have the plain edit player mode like MLB Power Pros had? That makes editing kinda hard then to me, making a different arrange team just to edit a player seems like too much work.

# 456 falcons2003 @ 06/01/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm12
So the editing mode doesn't have the plain edit player mode like MLB Power Pros had? That makes editing kinda hard then to me, making a different arrange team just to edit a player seems like too much work.
No it has it, but really it's to each its own.

Example: Josh Reddick is on the Red Sox. You can edit him to let's say Nava and edit all the attirbutes too Nava's. Then go to the A's and edit a player no longer on As to Josh Reddick.

OR

in arrange mode just Move Reddick to the A's, and edit some random guy on A's not on As anymore to Nava. Then just swap them. This way your really only editing one player. So I guess you save yourself one edit. If you do this in the long haul you will save yourself a bunch of edits, because players and their attributes are in the game, just on another team. Does require some thinking and strategy though.

# 457 falcons2003 @ 06/01/13 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you like to do a lot of roster editing, the Xbox chat pad is a worthy investment.

You can get one for about $10 online:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=operasport-20
Nice, will it work with this game though? Game seems really bare bones, don't know what kind of other things it would support in game. How is that keypad, quick to use?

# 458 falcons2003 @ 06/01/13 03:30 PM
Ahhhh, tried another usb keyboard and that one worked ! Going to see if it makes it any faster for me. I'm guessing that chatpad would work too now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.