Home
Madden 12 News Post

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager of Madden NFL, has made a post on the EA Forums detailing the current status and future of Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 07/08/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.
Unbelievable.

Three years have passed now, and they haven't even made a single touch-up to what should be the best mode the game has to offer.

# 2 WhiteMan22 @ 07/08/11 12:36 PM
You gotta be kidding me. No additions?

Seriously?

# 3 RGiles36 @ 07/08/11 12:39 PM
No surprise here.

# 4 CM Hooe @ 07/08/11 12:40 PM
Disappointing but not unexpected given their silence on this front.

# 5 at23steelers @ 07/08/11 12:43 PM
Color me surprised. I thought we would get a few needed features announced late July. IMO right now, since this might change after the game is released, but the most needed features in Madden 13 are commentary, online franchise, gang tackles, and locomotion without players ice skating.

# 6 N51_rob @ 07/08/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Disappointing but not unexpected given their silence on this front.
Pretty much sums up my feeling. What "bothers" me I guess is that this information could've been released at the same time as the info on offline franchise, but to hold onto it know there was a community of gamers that were looking for information on it is bad form IMO.

# 7 Fiddy @ 07/08/11 12:46 PM
hahahaha unbelievable

i just dont get how they cant have the offline dynasty work online with friends etc. its 2011, come on already!! grrrr...

# 8 ABR173rd @ 07/08/11 12:47 PM
This is what scares me about EA... I don't play online so it really doesn't affect me. However, it does and will effect everyone who plays Madden at some point. It seems that they will now be shifting focus away from the momentum they have created with long awaited improvements to offline franchise mode.

EA needs to understand that they are way behind the 8ball and these improvements are additions that should and have been in Madden years ago. Just because you are finally trying to catch up doesn't mean that you can slack off for another five years on any portion of the game. From this latest development I am getting the feeling that as offline franchise users we shouldn't be expecting much improvements to franchise mode after this season. Apparently EA can only focus on one area of the game a year.

# 9 mestevo @ 07/08/11 12:53 PM
Disappointing for sure, another year of hoping they improve it, and another year of trying to get friends who have never played NCAA and aren't interested in college football to try it just to get us to try and play in an online dynasty.

# 10 TDKing @ 07/08/11 01:02 PM
Oh well, after skipping Madden last year, it will be much easier to skip it this year. I hope you guys that get the game enjoy it, I'll be sticking with NCAA and their Online Dynasty mode. Maybe next year they will complete the mode they started 3 years ago. Only question I have is why Super star mode was placed ahead of online franchise mode ? No need to answer doesn't much matter any way . $60 saved and one less forum to read! See ya next year!

# 11 GGEden @ 07/08/11 01:06 PM
The leaguemanager.net announcement is still great news tho -- they'll be offering it all and more, as EA are giving them exclusive access to their data. The list of features are great.

# 12 Dewiel @ 07/08/11 01:06 PM
Obviously we wished we could have gotten to the Online Franchise portion of the game this year,but we needed to first make sure the offline experience was where it needed to be and after 100 new additions/improvements along with the numerous gameplay improvements, presentation upgrades, and the HUGE online announcement that we have coming on July 25th, we ran out of time.

Some of wondered why we didn't mention this with our offline franchise and that's because we were still hard at work in the development process and did not want to to make this announcement until we knew for sure what we'd be able to get into the game this year.

As I stated earlier, we are dedicated to improving the online franchise experience and I think the addition of Roy Harvey as the new Executive Producer of Madden should make you guys feel the same way. Just take a look at the work that has been done with Online Dynasty under his watch over the years and you'll start to get a sense of the dedication that the new leadership team has.

# 13 ABR173rd @ 07/08/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Funny, it seems to me that they focused on several game modes this year. Where did you read that?!?
I'm assuming those were SEVERAL MAJOR improvements right??? Game changing innovative improvements that will change football video gaming? I was impressed that EA seems to be listening somewhat to the consumers after countless years on improvements to franchise mode. Coaching carousel is something that should have been implemented by Madden years ago and NCAA does it instead.

I think EA is setting a precedent where one area will see upgrades it should have had years ago. The excuse for other portions of the game will be-we worked so hard on one portion of the game that we will have to wait till next year to upgrade other areas.

# 14 RogueHominid @ 07/08/11 01:15 PM
Only the most credulous of individuals would have believed that this year's game would address Online Franchise. It's sad that the mode is as paltry as it is now given how much hype it got with the M10 cycle, but it's certainly not surprising.

At least there are sites like LM and XFN to do the work necessary to make the OF do what it should be able to do on its own. I suppose the sunny side is that we at least have new draft classes with randomized names.

# 15 ThaShark28_316 @ 07/08/11 01:18 PM
Unfortunate, but not even close to back breaking.

# 16 Dewiel @ 07/08/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I'm assuming those were SEVERAL MAJOR improvements right??? Game changing innovative improvements that will change football video gaming? I was impressed that EA seems to be listening somewhat to the consumers after countless years on improvements to franchise mode. Coaching carousel is something that should have been implemented by Madden years ago and NCAA does it instead.

I think EA is setting a precedent where one area will see upgrades it should have had years ago. The excuse for other portions of the game will be-we worked so hard on one portion of the game that we will have to wait till next year to upgrade other areas.
Thanks for the feedback. I feel more than confident in saying there are several areas of the game that received major improvements this year. Core gameplay has been completely reworked. The new zone coverage, removal of suction, tackling, additon of the tackle button, the dive catch, etc. This all adds up to the best playing Madden yet. And I didn't even mention DPP.

From there, you'll struggle to find a football game that has come close to the presentation that Madden NFL 12 offers. Words can;t describe the difference that having every camera from every NFL stadium in the game makes to the overall look and feel. Throw int he fact that every team has their custom entrances, the new broadcast layers, etc and you have another major improvement.

Offline franchise received 100 additions/improvements and these are major. There are things in their that you guys have requested for years and new things that most have never even thought of such as DPP that make the mode fresh and fun to play. Again, you'll have to experience it first hand to know what I mean.

Then we still have July 25th and I PROMISE you this announcement is going to change the way you guys look at playing Madden online forever. This is HUGE and you won't want to miss it.

I respect your opinion, but i want to make sure that you know the depth that has been put into this year's game.

# 17 GGEden @ 07/08/11 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Yeah, Derek has really been killing it lately. I will get Steve Noah to post the link and see if we can get Derek over here for questions.
Thanks, that would be good to get some Q&A with Derek.

Btw, apart from all the meaty great features LM are offering, I also like this very much...

Quote:
Along with the above updates made possible via our collaboration with EA SPORTS, leagueManager will also provide customized league discussion boards and private messaging to enhance league communication and facilitate a more engaging online franchise experience without the technological knowledge needed to set up your own website or forums. We will be rolling out community features that will allow you to feel a part of both the leagueManager community and your individual franchise community.

# 18 at23steelers @ 07/08/11 01:24 PM
EA is in the business making industry. Many companies place the importance of making money over customer satisfaction as indicated here. I am not trying to sound unappreciative, because this game will be MUCH better than Madden 11, as we can even witness in the NCAA 12 demo with some of the similar changes made in both franchises. However, EA said this game is made for the hard-core fan. I can bet online franchise here would be more important to hardcore gamers than MUT or Superstar mode. Instead of spending the time they did on either of those two modes, they could have spent it on OF, even if it was 1 or 2 new needed additions. MUT makes them the most money though, so they got to spend time every year on it, so the people keep coming back to it. I really hope this new online community thing is as good as advertised!! Again, I think this game will be worth the money given all the improvements made, especially with gameplay, presentation, and offline franchis!

# 19 ABR173rd @ 07/08/11 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Thanks for the feedback. I feel more than confident in saying there are several areas of the game that received major improvements this year. Core gameplay has been completely reworked. The new zone coverage, removal of suction, tackling, additon of the tackle button, the dive catch, etc. This all adds up to the best playing Madden yet. And I didn't even mention DPP.

From there, you'll struggle to find a football game that has come close to the presentation that Madden NFL 12 offers. Words can;t describe the difference that having every camera from every NFL stadium in the game makes to the overall look and feel. Throw int he fact that every team has their custom entrances, the new broadcast layers, etc and you have another major improvement.

Offline franchise received 100 additions/improvements and these are major. There are things in their that you guys have requested for years and new things that most have never even thought of such as DPP that make the mode fresh and fun to play. Again, you'll have to experience it first hand to know what I mean.

Then we still have July 25th and I PROMISE you this announcement is going to change the way you guys look at playing Madden online forever. This is HUGE and you won't want to miss it.

I respect your opinion, but i want to make sure that you know the depth that has been put into this year's game.

I'm an Offline Franchise player and I give EA credit for adding/re-adding certain aspects that have been user requested for years. My issue with this announcement is worrying that as Offline Franchise users we will get the same treatment next year because of all the work put into Online franchise mode or other aspects of the game. I was hoping this year is the first step in upgrading and then continuing the momentum of the improvement of the game as a whole. Not, finally upgrading franchise mode and then leaving us hanging for three more years because your working on another aspect of the game.

This announcement seemed to imply there will be no upgrades to Online Franchise mode, but your saying there will be a huge announcement regarding it?

# 20 GGEden @ 07/08/11 01:38 PM
He means a huge announcement July 25 coming regarding just standard online play, ranked/unranked, lobbies etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.