Home
Madden 12 News Post

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager of Madden NFL, has made a post on the EA Forums detailing the current status and future of Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dkp23 @ 07/08/11 01:41 PM
Well, another disappointing and expected announcement. I hope offline franchise does meet the high expectations after being neglected for years or there are going to be people really upset. I am not an offline franchise guy, but it better have great feedback from users to justify another year of neglect for online franchise...

With all the "improvements" to the game, personally, I dont mind no changes as long as the gameplay and physics are improved. However, from the videos I've seen, the only different I've seen in the gameplay is new animations and no suction. Sliding is still there, one man tackles with no gang tackles exist, warping is covered up by diving animations and unrealistic physics where you can cut left and right zig zagging all over the field with no consequence.

Hopefully I am wrong, but sounds like the same old song...

# 22 Dewiel @ 07/08/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I'm an Offline Franchise player and I give EA credit for adding/re-adding certain aspects that have been user requested for years. My issue with this announcement is worrying that as Offline Franchise users we will get the same treatment next year because of all the work put into Online franchise mode or other aspects of the game. I was hoping this year is the first step in upgrading and then continuing the momentum of the improvement of the game as a whole. Not, finally upgrading franchise mode and then leaving us hanging for three more years because your working on another aspect of the game.

This announcement seemed to imply there will be no upgrades to Online Franchise mode, but your saying there will be a huge announcement regarding it?
I am referring to Online Play in general. No online franchise.

# 23 ebugaloo @ 07/08/11 01:42 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!!! This just about killed all the excitement I had for the game. Seriously, you could have not improved a thing over Madden 11 and given me a real Online Franchise and I would have been happy. You could have even charged me a subscription fee like those World of Warcraft losers, and I would have handed you my credit card. Unless you reveal on July 25th that you are pulling our chain on this, I can't imagine being at all happy with this betrayal.

Seriously, man, I want to buy a second-hand copy of this game just to play it, and won't care that I don't have an online pass for the game, because now the online portion is completely useless to me.

I cannot believe that I am getting so heated about this, because I am not even an EA *****. I love the Madden series, and have bought every game since the first one on Sega Genesis. But this....AAAARRRGGGHH

# 24 DATDAMNGOOD @ 07/08/11 01:46 PM
While I'll still be putting money in EA coffers by buying NCAA because of the excellant online dynasty mode, this is disappointing. Until last year, I bought Madden every year on release date since 1997. I didn't buy last year because in 2010, IAN said that "we couldn't get to online franchise but next year its a priority." Here we are 2 years later and we get the same statement and I won't be buying again.

I can't believe EA is this short sighted. You have online games like Call of Duty trying to figure out ways to charge people for online play since online play is so successful, but EA just ignores online play in what use to be its biggest game in the US.

Of course, currently its the least used mode, BECAUSE THE MODE SUCKS AND IS INCOMPLETE.

All people want is a way to play the offline franchise version on the game with 3-5 other friends (or more). We had this feature on the last gen via the spawn game feature. This gen is almost over, yes they're developing the PS4 and next Xbox, and we still don't have it. This is just...sad.

I went from playing Madden so much in 04-07 that I was consistantly ranked in the top 10 online on PS2 and then OG Xbox, to not buying it at all 2 years in a row. How did we get to this point?

Goes back into lurking.

# 25 azdawgpound @ 07/08/11 01:56 PM
well in a way ea can only do so much with the time they have and with offline franchise being one things ppl wanted fixed since madden went next gen they finally fixed that and also fixed other parts of the game.ppl will still play online franchise i tried it last yr but didnt like it plus im mainly an offline franchise/play now guy. heck in a few weeks madden 12 is gonna drop and its gonna be onto 13 if they havent started that yet so they will have time to put work into online franchise.

# 26 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/08/11 01:57 PM
So still now FA, salary cap or anything in Madden 12? Seriously you've got to be kidding me. That's unacceptable IMO!

# 27 xxxOpie24xxx @ 07/08/11 01:57 PM
Love how they say they do not have the time to make all the changes they would like to but yet NBA 2K and Fifa continue to improve year after year...

# 28 jpdavis82 @ 07/08/11 01:59 PM
EA SPORTS ITS IN THE NEXT GAME

With that being said I am looking forward to M12

# 29 Danimal @ 07/08/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
This announcement seemed to imply there will be no upgrades to Online Franchise mode, but your saying there will be a huge announcement regarding it?
There referring to communities which they think is going to be awesome. My guess it's another feature some marketing guy dreamed up to capitalize on social networking etc and it's going to be widely ignored but I guess we'll see.

When a rep comes in and makes a statement that it's going to change the way we play online forever they better deliver.

# 30 Ryn Vintage1986 @ 07/08/11 02:01 PM
Let's remember, the last time there was a gigantic online announcement, it was 3v3, which to the surprise of very few, was a joke.
I'm sure July 25's announcement/apology will turn out to be equally underwhelming. Keep in mind that whatever this announcement reveals is something that was prioritized over what has been most sought after by the community.
I've heard about features that "change the way I play" before, and they sure did; I stopped.

# 31 jpdavis82 @ 07/08/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxOpie24xxx
Love how they say they do not have the time to make all the changes they would like to but yet NBA 2K and Fifa continue to improve year after year...
2k games suck online and they did make improvements with Madden 12, however, I do think Online Franchise should have been a higher priority than it was.

# 32 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 07/08/11 02:03 PM
This is ridiculous.
Ive never been anti madden/ncaa, and always give the benefit of the doubt.

BUT this announcement really rubs me the wrong way.
I thought IT WAS SO EASY to add or fix anything to these online franchise servers. When it was first introduced 3 years ago, "We can make update any time we want to the Online Franchise because of the way we built it"

So.... what happened to that, did something change that no one mentioned?
Its mind boggling to think that there is just not a Salary Cap, FA bidding, or just Basic stuff in online franchise.

If there are 32 controlled teams, you dont need to worry about "AI issues" and the like.

Ugh. Im just really frustrated.
Im sorry I dont like playing against a computer opponent, but thats just me.

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 07/08/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
There referring to communities which they think is going to be awesome. My guess it's another feature some marketing guy dreamed up to capitalize on social networking etc and it's going to be widely ignored but I guess we'll see.

When a rep comes in and makes a statement that it's going to change the way we play online forever they better deliver.
Online communities is no joke, it's going to allow you to play with players online that don't go for it on 4th down everytime or nano blitz every game and they will be penalized for it if they are in a league with those settings and do. It will basically allow you to play with only the type of people online that you want to play with.

# 34 Danimal @ 07/08/11 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Online communities is no joke, it's going to allow you to play with players online that don't go for it on 4th down everytime or nano blitz every game and they will be penalized for it if they are in a league with those settings and do. It will basically allow you to play with only the type of people online that you want to play with.
I do that now, it's called a friends list.

# 35 HeavyHitter55 @ 07/08/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.
Seriously?! Not even the addition of a slider set? Something that is a part of NCAA and seems to be the absolute simplest thing?

WOW!

# 36 labguy @ 07/08/11 02:12 PM
I really doubt he looks forward to hearing my thoughts! Two straight years online franchise is 100% ignored. This after EA touted that it was built on the server side, so modifications and improvements would be easier. They hide behind usage numbers that they never share all along knowing that the usage would increase if they built it properly...you know with a salary cap, free agency, trading draft picks, etc. Not sure how the can justify ignoring a whole segment of their consumers. With EA it is always wait til next year.

# 37 GGEden @ 07/08/11 02:12 PM
gotta lol with agreement at a lot of funny/grr/smart posts the last dozen or so.

# 38 ABR173rd @ 07/08/11 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal

Kinda was thinking the same thing when the word "Huge" was used....

# 39 jergrah @ 07/08/11 02:19 PM
Ridiculous that yet again there are no improvements - RIDICULOUS! At minimum, let users go Auto-Pilot so they dont have to be kicked when out of town and rejoin (which resets depth charts) and let us practice with our Online Franchise team. It boggles my mind these 2 simple things have not been added.

Online Dynasty in NCAA has a 100x better setup than Madden Online Franchise, its embarrassing

# 40 kbomb1upc @ 07/08/11 02:19 PM
/begin rant

This is so stupid. This is why I never got Madden 11 and why I'm still playing my Madden 10 and about to start our 4th season. We maintained around 14-24 users everyone season and we advance once a week. This doesn't make sense. Offline franchise doesn't hold my attention long enough because the PC is either dumb or it cheats. The only reason why I'm playing a 3 year old sports game is because of Online Franchise.

I've always taken EA side because people always over react but EA is a bunch of liars. They said they would improve Online Franchise because they sat on the hands last year but 2 years in the row with this crap...come on!!! I can't believe they would neglect this aspect of the game. Give me a better online franchise and you can keep all that presentation crap...

/end rant

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.