Home
Madden 12 News Post

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager of Madden NFL, has made a post on the EA Forums detailing the current status and future of Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 dretayla @ 07/08/11 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
shoot me an email [email protected] or send one to [email protected]
Cool... done.

Thanks.

# 102 ryan36 @ 07/08/11 05:30 PM
Back on topic, guys. This is not a debate on League Manager's usefulness. I'm really tired of hearing about it... the link is in his sig, PM him or check the site for more.

# 103 TimsGiants @ 07/08/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I know I have been pushing the compensation idea pretty hard. Dude has put over a year into his site and a woke lot of nights with zero sleeping. He has advertising right now and is working getting bigger companies to advertise. Between that and donations from site members... That's how it is currently funded.
The least EA could do is to support leaguemangers server cost. I know it hasnt been cheap for him to support all the madden 11 leagues. I cant imagine how much its gonna cost to support even more with madden 12 leagues.

EA should realize that alot of people that wouldnt buy the game due to no online franchise improvements might still because LM is making something out of nothing.

# 104 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 07/08/11 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
well in a way ea can only do so much with the time they have and with offline franchise being one things ppl wanted fixed since madden went next gen they finally fixed that and also fixed other parts of the game.ppl will still play online franchise i tried it last yr but didnt like it plus im mainly an offline franchise/play now guy. heck in a few weeks madden 12 is gonna drop and its gonna be onto 13 if they havent started that yet so they will have time to put work into online franchise.
Aw ok it sure did take them long enough to get to the point where we have player traits and dynamic performances And blah blah none of these features Sounds innovative to me but yet making me wanna say " it took u long enough"

# 105 WhiteMan22 @ 07/08/11 05:38 PM
Now you got me wondering what this big online announcement is. Thoughts are just going through my mind on what it can finally be.

# 106 FedExPope @ 07/08/11 06:04 PM
Offline > online...no cheese, no people breaking league rules, no alignment of personal schedules to play user v. user games, no lag when playing making it impossible to run the ball and run behind blocks...

# 107 RogueHominid @ 07/08/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
The one thing I will disagree with you on is the use of League Manager. League Manager is a very nice tool and without it, online franchise is unusable.
On this point, all I'll say is Creatine Kasey and the spreadsheet system. The Jesus of the pre-LM era.

But to the point of the thread, there's just enough in the OF to get it to work. I suppose that will have to do. I'll definitely be playing more offline this year as a result.

# 108 Jewelz0376 @ 07/08/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsGiants
The least EA could do is to support leaguemangers server cost. I know it hasnt been cheap for him to support all the madden 11 leagues. I cant imagine how much its gonna cost to support even more with madden 12 leagues.

EA should realize that alot of people that wouldnt buy the game due to no online franchise improvements might still because LM is making something out of nothing.
x2

The only reason why I'm not too upset about them not adding anything is because of league manager...

As far as the org topic goes, I just don't understand how they couldn't add ANYTHING??...NOTHING??.. Even something as small as random draft classes..

That's the only thing the league manager can't fix is the draft classes... I hate the draft classes not being random.. That honestly seems like something they could just patch, but yet its still not fixed..

# 109 g2thecore @ 07/08/11 06:21 PM
No surprise here....I'm just glad that offline franchise finally got the love it deserves. You online guys have been rejoicing the last few years while we suffered.

# 110 BlackBetty15 @ 07/08/11 06:22 PM
I know I am in the minority here but I am so happy and impressed with the offline franchise that online doesnt make me mad. I really dont play online anyways so as long as the offline portion of the game got the overhaul I am squeelin!

# 111 jeremym480 @ 07/08/11 06:37 PM

# 112 Zuke @ 07/08/11 06:40 PM
not even draft classes what are they going to be the same as 11?

# 113 Elgin2311 @ 07/08/11 06:42 PM
Not buying..I was gonna pre order when I pick up college but not anymore. Im glad for the offline people who finally get the updates they have been waiting for. But after you master the cpu online dynasty is the only way to satisfy that competitive desire, thats what makes the NFL.great. This games is seriously misguided if they think neglecting online dynasty and putting a feature like superstar mode before it. You must give us the opportunity to recreate what goes on outside of sunday's against competent users, instead of broken cpu logic thats the same for every team. I haven't bought madden since 10 and that got traded in after that BS they called a draft. Honestly ive been annoyed with the 2k posters, but im starting to think maybe another games is needed. I want options as to what football game I want to play. This is beyond lackluster. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame one me! No way not me, and what about this announcement I can guarantee it will cost. They introduce new "features" without addressing existing ones, were buying the same game expecting a different result that my friends is called insanity.insane for thinking to expect change, what they are giving us is what we deserved since next gen consoles arrived.

# 114 mestevo @ 07/08/11 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin2311
I haven't bought madden since 10 ... were buying the same game expecting a different result
So which is it, you haven't bought Madden since 10 and quickly traded it in, or 'were [sic] buying the same game...'

Quote:
that my friends is called insanity.insane for thinking to expect change, what they are giving us is what we deserved since next gen consoles arrived.
What is this thread? You have the ability to make an informed decision, there is no 'insanity' involved, you know online franchise wasn't addressed with Madden 12, you aren't challenged by the computer, easy decision.

It's disappointing, sure, but there's little need for all the dramatics.

# 115 aksumite @ 07/08/11 06:51 PM
This is a complete disgrace.

My group will NOT be purchasing Madden 12.

Looks like this will be another NCAA year for us.

Online Dynasty is ahead of the game by far. NCAA 12 is looking much better now.

# 116 KC Fire @ 07/08/11 07:15 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. I'm just glad there is alot of other good games coming out this year to keep me busy.

# 117 Cubfan @ 07/08/11 07:16 PM
Its a shame online franchise didnt get a upgrade along with offline franchise.

# 118 g2thecore @ 07/08/11 07:30 PM
I'm really baffled that after so many improvements to the game, people still expected some major overhaul to be done to Online Franchise. I mean come on. You guys fail to realize how short the dev cycle is for these games. They had to prioritize this year just like every year. And this year was all about DPP and offline franchise. We knew this going in to this development cycle. Why are we acting so surprised, and upset?

# 119 roadman @ 07/08/11 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuddah180
running out of time shouldnt be allowed to be considered an excuses. roy harvey shouldnt be looked at as the savior either. if its not a complete game dont put it out straight up. just another sign that EA is lazy and takes advantage of being the only game in town. this is the most ive ever heard of ppl being ok with offline franchise mode. who plays a game to play the cpu only? shooters are different as far as story mode goes. this is a sports game. player vs player the same thing 3 years in a row shouldnt be ok with anyone who knows where apf 2k8 was 4 years ago to this madden right now. they are behind and stay behind cause they "run out of time"
Why take shots at people that play a different mode than you? I don't play OF, but I don't wish any ill will that people that do.

To each their own.

# 120 Jewelz0376 @ 07/08/11 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I'm really baffled that after so many improvements to the game, people still expected some major overhaul to be done to Online Franchise. I mean come on. You guys fail to realize how short the dev cycle is for these games. They had to prioritize this year just like every year. And this year was all about DPP and offline franchise. We knew this going in to this development cycle. Why are we acting so surprised, and upset?
There is a difference between them not doing a "major overhaul" and them leaving it EXACTLY the same for 3 yrs now...

I can't speak for everyone, but I at least expected they would add some simple things like random draft classes or complete stats

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.