Home
NHL 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SwinginAs12 @ 07/11/11 06:32 PM
When they talked about the whole new goalie personality things I really hope Timmy plays like he actually does that would be so much fun to watch in a video game

# 42 DStars15 @ 07/11/11 06:46 PM
One of the things that probably drove me wild in terms of AI decisions in NHL 11 was the AI's tendency to dump the puck. It seemed to me that whenever the AI was pressured while entering the zone, there was about a 90% chance, they would dump the puck. And after watching a couple of the gameplay vids, I'm afraid this may be the case once again for NHL 12. Of course it is tough to tell on a 3 minute video of gameplay, but did you guys see how many times the AI dumped the puck? Although this isn't a huge deal, it was possibly my most hated aspect of the AI in NHL 11. I'm curious as to if you guys noticed this.

# 43 jb1 @ 07/12/11 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
One of the things that probably drove me wild in terms of AI decisions in NHL 11 was the AI's tendency to dump the puck. It seemed to me that whenever the AI was pressured while entering the zone, there was about a 90% chance, they would dump the puck. And after watching a couple of the gameplay vids, I'm afraid this may be the case once again for NHL 12. Of course it is tough to tell on a 3 minute video of gameplay, but did you guys see how many times the AI dumped the puck? Although this isn't a huge deal, it was possibly my most hated aspect of the AI in NHL 11. I'm curious as to if you guys noticed this.
I totally agree with this, it got to the point with me that I refrained from pressurising the puck carrier just to avoid him dumping as I was getting to the dump in first the majority of the time which just made the games easier and skewed the Time on Attack stat way too much in my favour.

Another thing that bugged me was how easy it was to get a breakaway once the AI went into full attack mode. Again it got to the point where I often turned down the easy play where you just wait half a second longer with your pass because they have pinched too far nearly everytime.

I think once you get to the point with sports games that you have to go easy on the AI to get a realistic challenge you lose the enthusiasm to play, thats what happened to me with NHL 11 so i'm really hoping they have tuned these two areas of the AI.

# 44 JezFranco @ 07/12/11 11:08 AM
Feel it to be a bit worrying that the goalie collision and the following awkward animation really looked so bad.
I was under the impression that EA has been wanting to make the goalies "live" for a while, but not implemented it because it caused some problems, or it wasn't perfected to "live up to quality of EA NHL games"...

But from the looks of it they should wait another year.
Sure there's still polishing, but as mentioned I get worried when something that, to my belief, has been in the works for some time, looks so bad...
And really what have we seen so far from all the gameplay videos? A total playtime of 10 minutes, and they already managed to show off stuff that look like alpha builds...

# 45 bukktown @ 07/12/11 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
Feel it to be a bit worrying that the goalie collision and the following awkward animation really looked so bad.
I was under the impression that EA has been wanting to make the goalies "live" for a while, but not implemented it because it caused some problems, or it wasn't perfected to "live up to quality of EA NHL games"...

But from the looks of it they should wait another year.
Sure there's still polishing, but as mentioned I get worried when something that, to my belief, has been in the works for some time, looks so bad...
And really what have we seen so far from all the gameplay videos? A total playtime of 10 minutes, and they already managed to show off stuff that look like alpha builds...
Yeah that goalie collision looked real unrefined. I hope they have enough time to work on it.

# 46 m-dogg @ 07/12/11 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
When they talked about the whole new goalie personality things I really hope Timmy plays like he actually does that would be so much fun to watch in a video game
he could never play like himself in this game, he'd give up 30 goals a game hehe. Thomas is all about angles and coming out to challenge to cut down on any potentiol target for the shooter.

As we all know with this skating engine (and AI defense), players would just be going right around him and lay it in for an easy goal every time. heck, they do that to goalies that don't come out of the gaol. like the poster mentioned in the goalie thread, playing angles in this game is almost meaningless for goalies.. goalies REALLY need to be redone from scratch, of course the skating/passing/shooting gameplay would need to be dirtied up and sloppier to match up with more realistic goalies..

# 47 SwinginAs12 @ 07/12/11 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
he could never play like himself in this game, he'd give up 30 goals a game hehe. Thomas is all about angles and coming out to challenge to cut down on any potentiol target for the shooter.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, it'd be sick to be playing in BAP or BAGM and every game have to try to figure out different goalies and their bad habits and weak spots so therefore when you play them again you can use those to your advantage. Damn, that gets me excited haha.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.