Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 07/08/11 07:12 PM
It was very hard to hear in the background but I heard them talking about about how Marshawn Lynch has started finding his place in the Seahawks running game, then I also heard them talk about Champ Bailey being the player to watch for the Broncos and how he's a shut down corner and how he hasn't shown signs of slowing down. Then they talked about Knowshon Moreno and his responsibility in the Broncos running game and the potential he shows. Then they talk about the Seahawks Defense and something about Lofa Tatupu's impact on pass defense.

# 2 spit_bubble @ 07/08/11 07:21 PM
@ 4:07...

No one is covering Stokley in the slot... The defender is on the other side of the formation...

I know this has been brought up before... Formations being flipped... Defenders not lining up right...

So I'll just, uh...

# 3 The Amaizen Blue @ 07/08/11 07:46 PM
Yup, my 75/25 chance of buying the game just turned into 100%. I'm a presentation geek so I love this. Gameplay only got better by taking out the suction tackles. No brainer for me.

# 4 jpdavis82 @ 07/08/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
Yup, my 75/25 chance of buying the game just turned into 100%. I'm a presentation geek so I love this. Gameplay only got better by taking out the suction tackles. No brainer for me.
Me too, but I was more like 95/5. So just curious what did you hear or see in this video that did it for you?

# 5 The Amaizen Blue @ 07/08/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Me too, but I was more like 95/5. So just curious what did you hear or see in this video that did it for you?
I liked the snow piles on the sides of the stadium, how well EVERY team's intro is done, all the different camera angles, and I also liked the starting rosters overlay and the way Hasselbeck entered the field on the first possession. (talking to the coach before running out) I didn't play '11 so I don't know if any of these were implemented there, but it's quite an upgrade from '10 lol. Not to mention the gameplay looks great.

# 6 bodymore @ 07/08/11 08:41 PM
Do the player models look smaller than the videos from E3? Or is it just me? The videos from E3 look better to me but these still look great.

# 7 Lakers 24 7 @ 07/09/11 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
@ 4:07...

No one is covering Stokley in the slot... The defender is on the other side of the formation...

I know this has been brought up before... Formations being flipped... Defenders not lining up right...

So I'll just, uh...

They were in a zone.

But lol at hardcore fans wanting mo-capped camera men and stickers.

# 8 spit_bubble @ 07/09/11 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
They were in a zone...
Doesn't matter. They still shouldn't line up that way. The safety even comes down so that there's two defensive players covering the empty slot on the other side. This would never, ever happen in the NFL.

# 9 guaps @ 07/09/11 03:28 AM
I know Tiburon keeps saying that they've focused on the hardcore fans for Madden 12, but the more video I watch, the more it seems to me that they've focused on the hardcore presentation fans, and not the hardcore gameplay fans.

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/11 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I know Tiburon keeps saying that they've focused on the hardcore fans for Madden 12, but the more video I watch, the more it seems to me that they've focused on the hardcore presentation fans, and not the hardcore gameplay fans.
I'm not saying you are right or wrong but there is absolutely no way to judge the gameplay until you have the game and play several hours of it yourself. I didn't see much of a difference between NCAA 11 and 12 gameplay wise until I played the demo. Now that I have, I can't wait for NCAA 12 and I expect the same thing and in an even greater sense to happen with Madden 12's demo.

# 11 guaps @ 07/09/11 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not saying you are right or wrong but there is absolutely no way to judge the gameplay until you have the game and play several hours of it yourself. I didn't see much of a difference between NCAA 11 and 12 gameplay wise until I played the demo. Now that I have, I can't wait for NCAA 12 and I expect the same thing and in an even greater sense to happen with Madden 12's demo.
Madden gameplay never changes radically from one year to another, so I'd say everyone is free to judge gameplay as they see fit. And when I see the Madden 12 gameplay videos, I see many of the same flaws that I've seen for years and have come to know as the gameplay that Madden is capable to delivering.

I'm also awaiting the M12 demo, but I have very low expectations.

# 12 tanner75 @ 07/09/11 04:15 AM
Thanks for the vid JP! The commentary seems to be better in this vid than any of the E3 vids.

In fact there is hardly any dead space, it seems like they have added commentary to the player to watch and other areas as JP mentioned. Only thing that i could see a problem with is that if a big play happens collinsworth will still be talking and not cut to gus and it could get repetitive, but definitely seems an improvement on madden 11.

Another thing i have noticed is that gus has toned his over enthusiastic voice down a notch. Not heard any " and he'll start the drive AT THE SEVENTEEN! " or " he's tackled AT THE NINETEEN !"lol

Hope chris doesn't call gus tom still like last year sometimes!

# 13 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/11 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Madden gameplay never changes radically from one year to another, so I'd say everyone is free to judge gameplay as they see fit. And when I see the Madden 12 gameplay videos, I see many of the same flaws that I've seen for years and have come to know as the gameplay that Madden is capable to delivering.

I'm also awaiting the M12 demo, but I have very low expectations.
That's understandable, how did you feel about the NCAA 12 demo? Just curious because the people I know that played both Madden 12 and NCAA 12 all said that they're both great games, but Madden 12 was a notch above NCAA this year.

# 14 Lakers 24 7 @ 07/09/11 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Doesn't matter. They still shouldn't line up that way. The safety even comes down so that there's two defensive players covering the empty slot on the other side. This would never, ever happen in the NFL.

It depends on the coverage. I think what makes that look bad is that the user changed the alignment of the S who had deep coverage on the empty slot.

# 15 Armor and Sword @ 07/09/11 08:43 PM
Wow. The game looks so sharp. The broadcast camera angles are taking the presentation to a new level. No question this is shaping up to be the very best Madden.....ever.

# 16 bodymore @ 07/10/11 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Well, the standard camera is sure pulled back really far this year. Way too far if you ask me. Remember E3 videos were taken with a video camera, and they were zoomed in more then the screen making the entire field and players look bigger.

EA you need to stop pulling that cam back so far. Instead of a standard and zoomed out passing cam, we are getting a far view and blimp passing view. Its crazy!
That's what I am starting to think. I hope they allow us to zoom in with the Madden camera.

# 17 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymore
That's what I am starting to think. I hope they allow us to zoom in with the Madden camera.
Camera angles are Wide, Normal, Zoomed, Broadcast. This was found in an E3 video a couple weeks ago.

# 18 tommyboii2008 @ 07/10/11 04:24 PM
I dont care what Madden does, until EVERY player is respected physically in each tackle and contact, I wont be buying. I dont want my players "stealing tackles" from one another.. Another thing. What ever happened to ProTak??

# 19 jjsmitty34 @ 07/10/11 04:30 PM
Wow, that looks great and the line play appears very improved..

The gameplay looks more natural, not as robotic.

Nice Job EA..

# 20 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboii2008
I dont care what Madden does, until EVERY player is respected physically in each tackle and contact, I wont be buying. I dont want my players "stealing tackles" from one another.. Another thing. What ever happened to ProTak??
Yeah because every football video game does that right? Oh and ''stealing tackles'' is what happens in real life.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.