Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Christian McLeod checks in during day two of his review process to talk all about his experiences with the Dynasty and Road to Glory modes found in NCAA Football 12. Hit the link below to read the in-depth impressions.

Read More - NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jfsolo @ 07/12/11 02:50 PM
Good to read that Dynasty mode/CC is really solid this year.

# 2 Gosens6 @ 07/12/11 02:52 PM
Good write up, iv'e been doing a test dynasty since I got the game waiting for rosters and I can't remember the last time iv'e had fun in a football game

# 3 volwalker @ 07/12/11 02:53 PM
I am surprised you have not heard of or have seen the big glitch everyone is talking about involving custom playbooks. Simply after your first play from scrimmage you can not vie any of your plays from your custom playbook.

Also I have seen various cases where in Road to Glory it does not take more than a year for your player to reach 99 overall rating. Seems kind of fast to me.

Could you test that out yourself and give us feedback on both of these issues.

By the way, thanks for your thoughts on coaching carousel and the results from simming a dynasty. This is the sole reason I am buying this game and your comments have me feeling better about dynasty as a whole.

# 4 volwalker @ 07/12/11 03:08 PM
I just received word from Ben Haumiller (via EA forum) that the custom playbook glitch will be fixed with an update ASAP.

# 5 Anaxamander @ 07/12/11 03:23 PM
This, more than anything I've read so far, has gotten me most excited about NCAA 12 and Coaching Carousel. Excellent read, Christian.

# 6 volwalker @ 07/12/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
This, more than anything I've read so far, has gotten me most excited about NCAA 12 and Coaching Carousel. Excellent read, Chase.
Christian wrote this, not Chase.

# 7 Anaxamander @ 07/12/11 03:33 PM
Thanks. Corrected.

# 8 RColemanVT @ 07/12/11 03:34 PM
Speaking of the recruiting and rating parity in dynasty, Troy won the National Championship 4 years into my CC dynasty

# 9 Krebstar @ 07/12/11 03:40 PM
Excellent write up. One question...

"One of the hidden gems when it comes to NCAA 12's Dynasty mode is the ability to completely customize conferences at the start of every season."

Do you mean in an existing Dynasty we can change those in-between seasons?

# 10 Gosens6 @ 07/12/11 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Excellent write up. One question...

"One of the hidden gems when it comes to NCAA 12's Dynasty mode is the ability to completely customize conferences at the start of every season."

Do you mean in an existing Dynasty we can change those in-between seasons?
Yes sir, there is an option to make changes to conferences before every season

# 11 Krebstar @ 07/12/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yes sir, there is an option to make changes to conferences before every season
Holy crap. I was already excited to get home and play this, but that just put me over the top. I'm glad I didn't know that this whole time or the wait would've been tougher.

# 12 NYJets @ 07/12/11 04:15 PM
UConn develops into a powerhouse, I'm sold!

# 13 jwilphl @ 07/12/11 04:53 PM
Well I just started my RTG, but I agree, it is a lot of fun importing all the high school teams and playing your way to college. It is enjoyable to choose different schools and see as more schools become interested in you.

My only qualms thus far are 1) various TB-raelated glitches that mix-up logos and uniforms between different schools, and 2) the inability to set custom quarter lengths. Does the NCAA team really think 13 carries and 3 tackles average a game is realistic? Definitely needs longer quarters, I think.

# 14 druez @ 07/12/11 05:04 PM
RTG out of game additions great. High School addition great.

But the gameplay of the mode itself needs some help. They need to do a better job of selling on the fact that I'm in the game. The sound is poor, the graphics seem weak in that mode. Maybe different camera angles and sounds. The crowd was pretty weak sounding as well.

Overall the whole presentation in RTG was pretty bad, except for the clips at the end of the quarter and games. The replays were decent as well.

Playing defense in RTG mode can be a challenge. Bad camera angles and switching the direction of the camera in mid throw makes playing pass defense a HUGE challenge.

Be a pro mode gameplay in FIFA is much better then this.

# 15 Redskinsfan26 @ 07/12/11 05:21 PM
Nice write up!

# 16 woogie98 @ 07/12/11 05:44 PM
Great write up! gonna get the game now

# 17 b61mack @ 07/12/11 05:46 PM
come on ! no mention that there is no multi-team offline dynasty !!! the coaching carousel is cool for an hour honesly a little graphic showing a meter and your goals and accomplishments. lol please who loses against the cpu what a joke you and i will max it out asap. now icant play a offline dynasty with my brother and sons this sux

# 18 BeaverBeliever97267 @ 07/12/11 05:47 PM
Love it! Got the game, just waiting to get off work to play!

# 19 tre614 @ 07/12/11 06:01 PM
ea has finally made me happy

# 20 Dazraz @ 07/12/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b61mack
come on ! no mention that there is no multi-team offline dynasty !!! the coaching carousel is cool for an hour honesly a little graphic showing a meter and your goals and accomplishments. lol please who loses against the cpu what a joke you and i will max it out asap. now icant play a offline dynasty with my brother and sons this sux
What the hell. Why do EA do this? When are they going to realise alot of people want multi team frachises? Whether you're playing with family/friends or want to have the freedom to control more than one team this option is a must. I get fed up with the NHL series with it's single player GM mode. Now it will be the same with NCAA Footbal.

Do you at least still have the option to play any game on the schedule?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.