Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Chicago Bears

Nickel Normal Sugar 2 Buzz

The Chicago Bears defensively have been known as the team that likes to play cover 2 on passing situations. While that notion still holds true, the Bears will mix in quite a few different schemes from a Double A Gap blitz look. Double A Gap schemes in which two linebackers align in both A gaps are a favorite of the Bears. Nickel Normal Sugar 2 Buzz is one of the plays that brings this idea to life.

Green Bay Packers

Gun Flex Trey-Packer Corner

When you watch QB Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense the word that comes to mind is "Wow!" Rodgers, and his stellar post-season play, led the Packers on a remarkable run through the playoffs and a Super Bowl title. Despite numerous injuries to several key starters, the Packers' offense never missed a beat in steamrolling through the postseason. With so many weapons on offense it's hard to try and keep everyone involved and happy, but WR Greg Jennings is the one that every team focuses on. On this play, taken directly from the Super Bowl, use the "Packer" package from the Gun Flex Trey set to line up Jennings in the slot where he will run a corner route. The two other receivers lined up to the right will run under routes drawing the coverage and opening up Jennings for a big play.

Minnesota Vikings

Singleback Y-Trips-Vikings Y-Seam

The Vikings came into the season with huge expectations, but a rash of injuries, poor play and a murderous schedule saw them struggle to a 6-10 record. With QB Brett Favre out of the picture, the Vikings will turn to rookie first round draft pick Christian Ponder to lead them back to the playoffs. An old cliché for young QB's is that the TE is their best friend as a safety valve. In this case, TE Visanthe Shiancoe will be the featured target for Ponder on this play as he will be running right down the seam in hopes of splitting the safeties for a big play.

Detroit Lions

5-2 Normal Cover 3

The Detroit Lions over the last few seasons have accumulated a wealth of talent on the defensive line. A play that can be used to take advantage of that talent is 5-2 Normal Cover 3. The play can be used against both the run and pass as the cover 3 concept gives good coverage while also bringing a safety down to the box pre-snap.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dougdeuce @ 07/13/11 05:18 PM
Looks good and I'm super excited for the game.

However, is it just me or did Aaron Rodgers' head look tiny in that video?

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/13/11 05:48 PM
Man I'm just loving this video. Man is just so sad we have to wait until the end of August to get our hands on Madden12. But man this is making want it more and more. Madden12 is going to be beast this year.

# 23 qetuonz @ 07/14/11 01:02 AM
Is it just me, or do the players look too small on the field?
Im not hating, as I definitely will be buying this year (as always), but just not sure that they are proportioned right?

# 24 iva-chargers-fan @ 07/14/11 03:08 AM
I allways think of this, cant you make a team and put all those spacial suits that you use to make the catches and running style, on a hole team like 11 offence and 11 in defence, and play like 3 short games and get all the best tackles animations and best everything from the game and put it in the game?

# 25 tb24ster @ 07/14/11 03:17 AM
please please please!!! put this broadcast view in the game and make it playable and not just cpu vs cpu. this needs to be in the game! CMOM EA!! THATS REAL FOOTBALL WITH A REAL BROADCAST CAMERA ANGLE TO PLAY IN THE GAME.

# 26 tb24ster @ 07/14/11 03:24 AM
WE NEED THIS CPU VS CPU BROADCAST CAMERA VIEW IN THE GAME. THIS WOULD BE THE BEST GAME OUT THERE , BECAUSE IT LOOKS REAL ON THIS ANGLE. IM TIRED OF THE SAME BEHIND THE BACK CAMERA VIEWS , IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE THE SAME GAME EVERY YEAR.

CMON EA DO THIS FOR US !!

YOU PUTTING EVERYTHING ON PRESENTATION ,THIS WOULD PUT YOU OVER THE TOP!!!!!!

# 27 johnprestonevans @ 07/14/11 07:16 AM
I hope this broadcast view is a playable angle as well. They did have a broadcast cam in the last couple of years that you could use, so I would guess it will remain a choice this year as well. Who knows with EA though. I hope.

# 28 boodahisthe1 @ 07/14/11 02:07 PM
this game looks great..i believe it will play as good as it looks, too..with ncaa 12, madden 12, nba 2k12, battlefield3, arkham city, & nhl12 i wont have time for nothin...bout to start lookin for a work-from-home job..lol

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 07/14/11 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
I hope this broadcast view is a playable angle as well. They did have a broadcast cam in the last couple of years that you could use, so I would guess it will remain a choice this year as well. Who knows with EA though. I hope.
Camera angles this year are standard, wide, zoomed, and broadcast.

# 30 abjsuperstar @ 07/14/11 04:12 PM
game looks good! as long as defense is good the game will be too

# 31 jyoung @ 07/14/11 06:02 PM
I really hope the 5-2 is a viable formation.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a single video game it has worked in. The timing of the pass rush and the 5-man line interactions are just too tough for most games to get right.

Even All Pro Football 2K8, as much as I love that game, couldn't pull off the 5-2 formation properly.

# 32 PaPZ187 @ 07/14/11 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Man I'm just loving this video. Man is just so sad we have to wait until the end of August to get our hands on Madden12. But man this is making want it more and more. Madden12 is going to be beast this year.
Man that does suck, Madden used to come out at the begining to mid August but this year they pushed it to the end of the month.....No question I will be hitting up my connect as early as possible this year, I WANT THIS GAME!!!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.