Home
Madden 12 News Post

A fresh infusion of talent by way of the NFL draft is the surest way your favorite team can build for the future. Why do you think we always debate the top draft classes and not the top free agency classes of all time? We get excited adding rookies to Madden NFL 12 too. Rather than tweaking and adjusting ratings for the same old veterans we get to build new guys from scratch, projecting how they’ll transition to the pro game. If only their coaches could do that.

Today we’re looking at top rated rookie wide receivers in Madden NFL 12. Like strikers in soccer, wide receivers are the glory position in the NFL and there always seems to be a rookie that can make a huge impact on his new team. Last year, Tampa Bay’s Mike Williams shushed all doubters with 11 touchdown catches and 900+ yards receiving. While his ratings in Madden NFL 12 will be much higher, maybe you can figure out which one of these rookies can be a consistent threat in your passing attack.

10. Greg Salas - STL - 66 OVR

9. Titus Young - DET - 67 OVR

8. Leonard Hankerson - WAS - 67 OVR

7. Vincent Brown - SD - 68 OVR

6. Torrey Smith - BAL - 69 OVR

5. Greg Little - CLE - 70 OVR

4. Randall Cobb - GB - 70 OVR

3. Jonathan Baldwin - KC - 71 OVR

2. Julio Jones - ATL - 78 OVR

1. A.J. Green - CIN - 80 OVR

The Julio Jones-to-Atlanta draft trade takes on new meaning when there’s a number assigned to the rookie receiver, doesn’t it? And Cleveland still has a Top 5 –according to Madden NFL 12—rookie receiver in Greg Little to show for it. And let’s not forget how Jonathan Baldwin ended up in Kansas City with the Chiefs sneaking into the 26th overall pick when they came into the draft owning the 27th pick. It seems like wide receivers get all the NFL attention even before they catch their first touchdowns.

Remember we’ll be consistently updating all rosters and all players during the 2011 NFL season, so these lists are just a starting point. Keep it here for more on Madden NFL 12 rookies, ratings and info.

Source: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brettmickey @ 07/20/11 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Landry isn't good either (http://youtu.be/kKWqYBB7oqo)

Cooley is far past his 'prime'

DeAngelo Halls madden rating is super inflated simply because he had some interceptions, but interceptions are everything. He was top 3 for yards, catches and touchdowns given up by a defensive back with enough reps to qualify.

What's the original poster gonna ask for next, Rex Grossman to have a boost?. . . .
Can you post a link or some proof of this? I heard he was a hit or miss in coverage but I never found the stats to back that up

# 22 angels eclipse7 @ 07/20/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Can you post a link or some proof of this? I heard he was a hit or miss in coverage but I never found the stats to back that up
I don't have the link either, but I think I have heard this verified many times. Still, the guy is a playmaker and a pro bowler.... I don't think he should be too good or too bad. It's kind of tough because on one end the guy has a great rep and is considered an all pro and on the other level, the stats show that he is absolutely terrible.

# 23 iBlievN5 @ 07/20/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
I don't have the link either, but I think I have heard this verified many times. Still, the guy is a playmaker and a pro bowler.... I don't think he should be too good or too bad. It's kind of tough because on one end the guy has a great rep and is considered an all pro and on the other level, the stats show that he is absolutely terrible.
He is absolutely terrible. Please don't believe anything else lol. couldn't find full stats for him but here's a tweet from PFF http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootbalFocu...62996185993217

# 24 brettmickey @ 07/20/11 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
He is absolutely terrible. Please don't believe anything else lol. couldn't find full stats for him but here's a tweet from PFF http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootbalFocus/status/82562996185993217
Wow. Interesting...

# 25 yanknicks @ 07/20/11 04:02 PM
Watch out for Torrey Smith, he's going to be good!!!!!!!

# 26 ConnSKINS26 @ 07/20/11 04:42 PM
Skins fan here. Hall is over-rated, though he's very good at the things he IS good at, and his tackling has really improved.

Landry? He was having a Polomalu-esque effect on the field the first half of last year. He was finally played at his natural position, and he was a beast. He was a lock for all-pro before the Achilles injury.

# 27 EHS_25 @ 07/20/11 07:42 PM
Greg Littles rating is not doing him justiuce. He is a flat out stud

# 28 ConnSKINS26 @ 07/20/11 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS_25
Greg Littles rating is not doing him justiuce. He is a flat out stud
I think his rating's fine, as he's a fairly raw player. His potential should be sky-high though. And his YAC abilities should be tops (trucking, spin, juke, elusiveness, etc.)

# 29 sniperhare @ 07/21/11 09:15 AM
I guess that means Cecil Shorts is going to be under a 66 OVR rating.

# 30 vstro @ 07/21/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
I think his rating's fine, as he's a fairly raw player. His potential should be sky-high though. And his YAC abilities should be tops (trucking, spin, juke, elusiveness, etc.)
What this guy said

# 31 Checmate101 @ 07/21/11 05:29 PM
Hankerson rating will be higher once the season starts..he'll be our starter and go to receiver by mid season...Hankerson had Jacory Harris throwing him the ball and still broke records, now that gotta mean something right?

# 32 suthrnthug @ 07/21/11 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Hankerson rating will be higher once the season starts..he'll be our starter and go to receiver by mid season...Hankerson had Jacory Harris throwing him the ball and still broke records, now that gotta mean something right?
Maybe it means Miami played cupcakes and a overrated ACC conference

# 33 brettmickey @ 07/21/11 07:06 PM
Quote:
Yeah that means that Jacory is one hell of a QB! haha I kid, I kid.

# 34 bedwardsroy19 @ 07/29/11 03:18 AM
Quote:
As bad as Jacory Harris is he might be better than John Beck... lol kidding!

but seriously

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.