Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

via skins5680
Quote:
When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

via Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

via buckeye02
Quote:
Same issue with no patch.

Also messed around, it changes the tendency for every single player. Im thinking that the rosters will have to be named again if this is patched.

How can they patch it to go in reverse and correct tendencies on already named rosters?

Looks like a more realistic patch is a fix to keep it from changing for future named rosters.

via Bumble14
Quote:
Just received confirmation that this issue is being looked into heavily by the guys at EA. Be patient--there is a sizable amount of testing with different design divisions to identify the issue and look into a possible fix.

It would be helpful if you can please put together a chart showing the following for all positions affected by this issue. I would then like to provide this information to EA. This would also help with making community edits if necessary. Thanks.

Position:
Default Tendency:
New Tendency:
Result:

via BaylorBearBryant
Quote:
Well, so far...

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Scrambler
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default scrambling quarterbacks hardly scramble at all.

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Scrambler
Result: Default balanced quarterbacks scramble all the time.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Speed
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default speed backs act as balanced backs. They'll attempt power moves too often.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Speed
Result: Default balanced backs act as speed backs. They'll never attempt power moves.

If you want to read more about the ongoing NCAA Football 12 roster glitch, simply read the replies to this topic.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Sportsbuck @ 07/20/11 10:40 PM
This needs to be patched ASAP.

Guess I have to put my dynasty off even longer now.

# 62 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/20/11 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
This needs to be patched ASAP.

Guess I have to put my dynasty off even longer now.
Same here. I say this moves to the top of the list. I'll put this in the bug/glitch thread.

# 63 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Same here. I say this moves to the top of the list. Has anyone put this in the glitch/bug thread yet?
I put in there twice.......but most people just blew me off as though I didn't know what I was talking about and was trying to rain on their parade.

Even took pictures of the diferent screens.

Post # 184 & Post # 302 in the bugs thread......

# 64 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/20/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I put in there twice.......but most people just blew me off as though I didn't know what I was talking about and was trying to rain on their parade.

Even took pictures of the diferent screens.

Post # 184 & Post # 302 in the bugs thread......
Alright, well too late. I put it in there again.

# 65 drlw322 @ 07/20/11 10:50 PM
Anyone try changing the ratings and changing them back

# 66 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
I tried that. Doesn't change them back at all. Once you change a name or piece of equipment, their tendancy changes and stays that way.

# 67 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/20/11 10:56 PM
Quote:
I have not. But even if it did fix it, that'd be A LOT of work to do. It'd be nice if EA could just swap the two terms in the programming code and release a patch. I pray it's that easy, but part of me thinks it might not be.

# 68 PAPERNUT @ 07/20/11 10:57 PM
Tested and found the same issue from default to named. Big difference in play by Robinson when it comes to scrambling. The question looks to be if the named rosters can be salvaged once this bug is corrected. If not, that will be a lot of wasted effort by the roster makers.

# 69 dochalladay32 @ 07/20/11 10:57 PM
Quote:
I increased Denard's speed, no change. Changed it back, no change. Tendency in edit always says scrambler.

It seems like it is just some stupid piece of code that someone left in, because everything in the edit describes them correctly. It's only on the roster list where it is wrong. But yes, it needs to be fixed. Time to wait on dynasty some more. Sim results don't tell much.

# 70 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/20/11 10:59 PM
This is really disappointing.

# 71 drlw322 @ 07/20/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
I tried that. Doesn't change them back at all. Once you change a name or piece of equipment, their tendancy changes and stays that way.
What if you do a complete overhaul and give them a pocket passer rating, does that change at that point. If if does then save it and go back and change it to his original rating. See if that works. I would do it myself but I'm watching a movie with my kids, sorry

# 72 Potatoes002 @ 07/20/11 11:03 PM
No wonder Nick Foles and Andrew Luck ran all over me!

# 73 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/20/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
What if you do a complete overhaul and give them a pocket passer rating, does that change at that point. If if does then save it and go back and change it to his original rating. See if that works. I would do it myself but I'm watching a movie with my kids, sorry
Nope. Dropped Denard Robinson to the worse possible Pocket Passer. Saved it. It said Pocket Passer. Put his ratings back to what they were by default, saved it. It says scrambler in the edit screen but balanced on the main screen.

So unfortunately that doesn't fix the problem. This needs a EA's intervention.

Kind of funny when I mentioned this last week, pople thought I was raining on their parade. Mentioned 6 hours ago and people thought I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about.

I've been coding for many years now, since the 90s. There is something wrong with this game's database table.

The cpu Game Play AI is greatly altered when using user entered names and user edited equipment.

# 74 bgdave39 @ 07/20/11 11:20 PM
Worst nightmare. Fix please and fast.

# 75 drlw322 @ 07/20/11 11:23 PM
Quote:
Nope. Dropped Denard Robinson to the worse possible Pocket Passer. Saved it. It said Pocket Passer. Put his ratings back to what they were by default, saved it. It says scrambler in the edit screen but balanced on the main screen.

Kind of funny when I mentioned this last week, pople thought I was raining on their parade. Mentioned 6 hours ago and people thought I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about.

I've been coding for many years now, since the 90s. There is something wrong with this game's database table.

The cpu Game Play AI is greatly altered when using user entered names and user edited equipment.
Try playing a game after this and see what happens. Maybe it would reset. Not a good chance but worth a try

# 76 Sportsbuck @ 07/20/11 11:26 PM
Can a mod please get this stickied or get some attention?

This needs to be addressed ASAP.

# 77 ezio @ 07/20/11 11:26 PM
Quote:
I made Denard Robinson a HB and he was balanced/speed and then I put him back to QB and he was Balanced/Scrambler which is the same as before the change. The first screen still has him as Balanced.

Also, I palyed 1 half as Michigan state vs. Michigan with named rosters and he didn't run at all. Default roster 1 half same teams and he tried to run 3 times. I realize it is a very small sample so make of it what you will.

I also simmed with named rosters but my results are imoomplete because he had low numbers. I assume he got hurt.

# 78 drlw322 @ 07/20/11 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I made Denard Robinson a HB and he was balanced/speed and then I put him back to QB and he was Balanced/Scrambler which is the same as before the change. The first screen still has him as Balanced.

Also, I palyed 1 half as Michigan state vs. Michigan with named rosters and he didn't run at all. Default roster 1 half same teams and he tried to run 3 times. I realize it is a very small sample so make of it what you will.

I also simmed with named rosters but my results are imoomplete because he had low numbers. I assume he got hurt.
That stinks, seems like every year ihave wait to Dec to start my dynasty and my franchise for Madden.

# 79 dochalladay32 @ 07/20/11 11:33 PM
Quote:

I don't even think it's that complicated. They are out to get us to save their asses from more lawsuits... ok, maybe not. The name of the player shouldn't matter, as when you give out random names, there is no issue. There is a trigger for some reason that shouldn't be there.

# 80 fincane @ 07/20/11 11:38 PM
Found a fix I think. It will take some work. You're gonna have to decrease speed, agility, and ACC a bit along with break tackle and trucking. Up Strength too.

To get the fastest and most agile QB possible(Denard) but make him a scrambler? Speed and agility and acceleration cant top 91. Elusiveness can't be higher than 93. Strength has to be 68 or higher. Special moves and vision won't affect anything. They can be as high as you want. He shows up balanced in the edit screen. When you back out into the View and Edit roster screen it list him as a scrambler.

Size and weight might have to something to with it as well. Taylor Martinez who is bigger meant more numbers being screwed in the opposite direction. Had to make him slower. Which is realistic

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.