Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

via skins5680
Quote:
When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

via Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

via buckeye02
Quote:
Same issue with no patch.

Also messed around, it changes the tendency for every single player. Im thinking that the rosters will have to be named again if this is patched.

How can they patch it to go in reverse and correct tendencies on already named rosters?

Looks like a more realistic patch is a fix to keep it from changing for future named rosters.

via Bumble14
Quote:
Just received confirmation that this issue is being looked into heavily by the guys at EA. Be patient--there is a sizable amount of testing with different design divisions to identify the issue and look into a possible fix.

It would be helpful if you can please put together a chart showing the following for all positions affected by this issue. I would then like to provide this information to EA. This would also help with making community edits if necessary. Thanks.

Position:
Default Tendency:
New Tendency:
Result:

via BaylorBearBryant
Quote:
Well, so far...

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Scrambler
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default scrambling quarterbacks hardly scramble at all.

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Scrambler
Result: Default balanced quarterbacks scramble all the time.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Speed
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default speed backs act as balanced backs. They'll attempt power moves too often.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Speed
Result: Default balanced backs act as speed backs. They'll never attempt power moves.

If you want to read more about the ongoing NCAA Football 12 roster glitch, simply read the replies to this topic.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/21/11 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Mods, I'm just throwing this out there with the other voices. PLEASE STICKY this thread and maybe change the title to remove the word "possible" as I think it's pretty much confirmed by Gotmadskillzson.

EA needs to make this priority #1 for the next patch as this is completely altering the game play. I can't think of a bigger issue for the game. The freezing at start screen is related to this as well, I'd almost guarantee it. EA reps on the board need to check out the connection with named and unnamed players.
No doubt. Change the thread name to Gotmadskillzon's HUGE Roster Glitch Discovery, and put a sticky on this B.

# 102 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/21/11 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Im wondering if this can be patched. And if it can be patched without having to have someone rename rosters.
That's the million dollar question.

The billion dollar question? WHEN will it get patched?

# 103 jerryrice4949 @ 07/21/11 12:30 AM
Has anyone tested to see if the same thing happens when the rosters are auto named?

# 104 drlw322 @ 07/21/11 12:32 AM
Quote:
First off, its Gator.

It seems that the ratings are what matter. If you make a QB with Denards ratings, he will be balanced. Im guessing that EA was able to overide the tendency and when you edit the player, it resets or goes away. Something that caught me was Denard having a 90 and 83 and pass strength and accuracy. Thats a little high for someone who scrambles that much, atleast the power part.

Editing a player doesnt automatically flip flop their tendency at every position. Quarterbacks are the biggest problem though.

Ive been one of the few to test the issue and it does matter and make a huge difference. I played one game vs Michigan where Denard had no rushing attempts.

Im wondering if this can be patched. And if it can be patched without having to have someone rename rosters. Im going to hold off on edits until something is found out or caught be EA most likely.

I wish there was a work around for the issue just so I dont have to download EAs first patch. The first patch usually makes the game worse. It always has been the opinion of the majority.
I would have to say it is a bug, it made andrew luck and stephen garcia have scrambling tendency.

# 105 LionsFanNJ @ 07/21/11 12:33 AM
Auto naming will not change anything in this regard. They player tendency type stays the same.

# 106 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/21/11 12:35 AM
Ok when I put Darron Thomas at 80 strength, it went to balance in the 80 screen then changed to Scrambler in the main screen:

# 107 JohnDoe8865 @ 07/21/11 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok when I put Darron Thomas at 80 strength, it went to balance in the 80 screen then changed to Scrambler in the main screen:

Just did the same thing, same result. Now I'm going to test a game vs Oregon and see what happens.

# 108 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/21/11 12:39 AM
Either way......that would still mess up the game play if you either have to raise up strength that high or lower break tackle super low just to get the game to go back to what was with the default roster.

Denard Robinson and Darron Thomas aren't that strong, HOWEVER, they for damn sure can break tackles. With break tackle having to be low, they will get tackled with the slightest touch just like a pocket passer would.

This needs to be PATCHED.

# 109 drlw322 @ 07/21/11 12:42 AM
Quote:
Either way......that would still mess up the game play if you either have to raise up strength that high or lower break tackle super low just to get the game to go back to what was with the default roster.

Denard Robinson and Darron Thomas aren't that strong, HOWEVER, they for damn sure can break tackles. With break tackle having to be low, they will get tackled with the slightest touch just like a pocket passer would.

This needs to be PATCHED.
What effects do you think the high strength rating would effect gameplay?

# 110 Benicio10 @ 07/21/11 12:47 AM
Does this hurt online dynasties also?

# 111 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/21/11 12:48 AM
Quote:

Just trying to clarify. The ONLY attribute you adjusted was strength?

# 112 makaveli_Reborn @ 07/21/11 12:50 AM
EA's lawyers would like to remind you that the players in the game are not depictions of real people, and therefore complaints about the perceived differences between imaginary players and real ones are unwarranted.

Who's to say that Michigan QB#16 (who certainly isn't Denard Robinson) isn't a pocket passer?

# 113 LionsFanNJ @ 07/21/11 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli_Reborn
EA's lawyers would like to remind you that the players in the game are not depictions of real people, and therefore complaints about the perceived differences between imaginary players and real ones are unwarranted.

Who's to say that Michigan QB#16 (who certainly isn't Denard Robinson) isn't a pocket passer?
thats not the damn point. Regardless of WHO it is, the attribute tendency on the edit screen DOES NOT MATCH the main roster front end screen. Period. It also affects dynasty incoming recruits. You edit them and the same crap happens.

# 114 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/21/11 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli_Reborn

It doesn't have to do with player likeness. Let's say 10 years down the road in dynasty I get a 5* scrambling QB. He's generated with a half-cage helmet so I want to change it. Guess what? He's now a balanced QB.

That's a bug.

# 115 makaveli_Reborn @ 07/21/11 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
thats not the damn point. Regardless of WHO it is, the attribute tendency on the edit screen DOES NOT MATCH the main roster front end screen. Period. It also affects dynasty incoming recruits. You edit them and the same crap happens.

Oh believe me, I'm with you. Just being a little facetious regarding the current legal situation of this franchise.

It's a bug, and a very damning one.

# 116 dochalladay32 @ 07/21/11 12:55 AM
Quote:
First off, its Gator.

It seems that the ratings are what matter. If you make a QB with Denards ratings, he will be balanced. Im guessing that EA was able to overide the tendency and when you edit the player, it resets or goes away. Something that caught me was Denard having a 90 and 83 and pass strength and accuracy. Thats a little high for someone who scrambles that much, atleast the power part.

Editing a player doesnt automatically flip flop their tendency at every position. Quarterbacks are the biggest problem though.

Ive been one of the few to test the issue and it does matter and make a huge difference. I played one game vs Michigan where Denard had no rushing attempts.

Im wondering if this can be patched. And if it can be patched without having to have someone rename rosters. Im going to hold off on edits until something is found out or caught be EA most likely.

I wish there was a work around for the issue just so I dont have to download EAs first patch. The first patch usually makes the game worse. It always has been the opinion of the majority.
The thing is, in the edit screen, it even says he's a scrambler. It's only a problem on the roster page and in the game. The ratings = scrambler. It is going to kill the triple option teams as well. Army's starting QB is now balanced and their FB is now balanced (pretty sure he was power before, but not sure).

# 117 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/21/11 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Guys we need to find out who this is happening to and who it isnt..

He did not change on my PS3 and i have Buckeye and Gator's rosters on PS3

Might be like the freeze issue.. Happens to show, but not all
You're telling me that all of us have this error, but for some reason you don't!? Well I'll be damned, your a lucky one.

Alright, help us out. Did you ever download BigWY's roster?

# 118 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/21/11 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
What effects do you think the high strength rating would effect gameplay?
Well the thing is, it just isn't QBs that changed, it is other positions as well. So they would make WRs, CBs, linemen, etc way too strong.

Which would result in skill positions who shouldn't be breaking tackles, breaking tackles because of their high strength.

# 119 BruceAlmighty @ 07/21/11 12:56 AM
I just did the whole "game with named rosters vs non named" and there's a very noticeable difference. I'm on 360, btw.

Does EA Sports even have a quality assurance department? This is one of the most shamefully buggy and glitchy games I've ever purchased from them. I'm so disappointed I'm at a loss for words right now. I'd be embarrassed if I was them.

# 120 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/21/11 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
I just changed his whole equipment and he stayed the same..

I'm sure it's happening to a bunch of guys, but i didn't see it
And this is when you back out of the edit screen and are on the depth chart screen?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.