Home
Rugby World Cup 2011 News Post

TRY THE OFFICAL RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 VIDEO GAME
AHEAD OF AUGUST LAUNCH DEMO RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

Milton Keynes, UK – [20, July 2011] – Global video game publisher, 505 Games and developer HB Studios today announced that fans eagerly awaiting the launch of the official Rugby World Cup 2011 video game will be able to get hands on with a demo from early August.

The demo will feature England v South Africa with the match set in Auckland to give players a taste of the biggest Rugby event to take place in the last four years.

In the full version of the game launching 26, August, players will be challenged to pick from the 20 participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the Final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup.

National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured in game as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches. For the first time, HB Studios will also give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network.

The Rugby World Cup 2011 demo will be live on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from 02, August 2011 and PlayStation®Network from 03, August 2011.

Game: Rugby World Cup 2011Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
Rugby World Cup 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stizz @ 07/20/11 03:11 PM

TRY THE OFFICAL RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 VIDEO GAME
AHEAD OF AUGUST LAUNCH DEMO RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

Milton Keynes, UK – [20, July 2011] – Global video game publisher, 505 Games and developer HB Studios today announced that fans eagerly awaiting the launch of the official Rugby World Cup 2011 video game will be able to get hands on with a demo from early August.

The demo will feature England v South Africa with the match set in Auckland to give players a taste of the biggest Rugby event to take place in the last four years.

In the full version of the game launching 26, August, players will be challenged to pick from the 20 participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the Final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup.

National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured in game as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches. For the first time, HB Studios will also give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network.

The Rugby World Cup 2011 demo will be live on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from 02, August 2011 and PlayStation®Network from 03, August 2011.

# 2 stizz @ 07/20/11 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
You know if demo and game will be available in USA? If not, maybe i could login to the UK Marketplace and download?
I'm not sure whether or not it'll be released on the us marketplace but I reckon it will be. If it's not, you'll be able to download it using a UK account because I have a US account which I use to download US only demos, like NCAA.

# 3 Jonesy @ 07/20/11 10:45 PM
I wonder if they'll have different demo's for different markets? Like a Wallabies one for our market and the Eng vs SA game for the Brits.

# 4 stizz @ 07/20/11 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
I wonder if they'll have different demo's for different markets? Like a Wallabies one for our market and the Eng vs SA game for the Brits.
I doubt it. I don't think they'd want to show that they don't have the license for some teams (eg. All Blacks, Wallabies, Eagles).

# 5 Jonesy @ 07/20/11 11:46 PM
My bad Stizz, I was getting it confused with the other game. Two rugby games coming out so close together will be as confusing as hell for some people (me being one of them obviously ).

# 6 jyoung @ 07/21/11 03:28 PM
Hoping this comes out in the USA.

Looks interesting.

# 7 MJHSpanda57 @ 07/21/11 04:00 PM
Rugby Challenge looks so much better

# 8 ps3veron @ 07/22/11 08:02 AM
Cant wait for ANY Rugby game to be honest.. I am so desperate for one, 3rd cant come soon enough!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.