Home
Madden 12 News Post

Von Miller was selected second overall by the Denver Broncos in the latest NFL Draft, and looks to be a future Madden star coming in at a 79 OVR. Here's the top ten rookie linebackers in Madden NFL 12.

A fresh infusion of talent by way of the NFL draft is the surest way your favorite team can build for the future. Why do you think we always debate the top draft classes and not the top free agency classes of all time? We get excited adding rookies to Madden NFL 12 too. Rather than tweaking and adjusting ratings for the same old veterans we get to build new guys from scratch, projecting how they’ll transition to the pro game. If only their coaches could do that.

The group of rookie linebackers in Madden NFL 12 covers a lot of defenders. Some are pass rushers or runstoppers and they can line up in the middle, on the weakside or even on the line in a three-point stance. Speed at this position can make even the most mediocre defensive Madden NFL player a dangerous opponent.

10. Bruce Carter – OLB - DAL - 67 OVR

9. Kelvin Sheppard – MLB - BUF - 67 OVR

8. Colin McCarthy – MLB - TEN - 67 OVR

7. Martez Wilson – MLB - NO - 68 OVR

6. Brooks Reed – OLB - HOU - 69 OVR

5. Casey Matthews – OLB - PHI - 71 OVR

4. Akeem Ayers – OLB - TEN - 72 OVR

3. Ryan Kerrigan – OLB - WAS - 74 OVR

2. Aldon Smith – OLB - SF - 76 OVR

1. Von Miller – OLB - DEN - 79 OVR

Nobody from this group breaks into the 80s but make no mistake, Bronco and Niner fans are expecting big things out of Von Miller and Aldon Smith, respectively. With those new linebackers in the mix Tennessee will have a formidable defense in Madden NFL 12 once again. Smothering with defense may not look pretty but it can be a winning gameplan.
Don’t forget, we’ll be consistently updating all rosters and all players during the 2011 NFL season, so these lists are just a starting point. Keep it here for more on Madden NFL 12 rookies, ratings and info.

Source: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Linebackers

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Senator Palmer @ 07/21/11 01:12 PM
I know this wasn't the deepest year for linebackers, but Bruce Carter is too low. I think Casey is a tad high, but if he's a 71, then Bruce should be right there. He was my favorite 4-3 OLB coming out. I can only guess that because in Madden he'll be a 3-4 OLB and the injury as reason for the 67 rating.

# 2 Bengals28 @ 07/21/11 01:15 PM
No Dontay Moch?

# 3 angels eclipse7 @ 07/21/11 01:17 PM
Yeah, Casey Matthews is way too high.

# 4 brettmickey @ 07/21/11 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I know this wasn't the deepest year for linebackers, but Bruce Carter is too low. I think Casey is a tad high, but if he's a 71, then Bruce should be right there. He was my favorite 4-3 OLB coming out. I can only guess that because in Madden he'll be a 3-4 OLB and the injury as reason for the 67 rating.
Yeah and why 2 LBS taken in the 4th round (Matthews and McCarthy) are higher than solid 2nd and 3rd rounders (Carter and Sheppard) is beyond me...

# 5 brettmickey @ 07/21/11 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
No Dontay Moch?
Another player that was screwed. Anyone else notice how players with relatives in the NFL have over boosted ratings? (Mike Pouncey in the top 10 of all rookies and Casey Matthews ahead of 2nd and 3rd round linebackers)

# 6 tatmanfish @ 07/21/11 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Another player that was screwed. Anyone else notice how players with relatives in the NFL have over boosted ratings? (Mike Pouncey in the top 10 of all rookies and Casey Matthews ahead of 2nd and 3rd round linebackers)
Yeah I was thinking Moch and Foster would be at the bottom of that list but wasnt expecting Matthews or McCarthy at all.

The art of rating players by Donny.....

# 7 Palo20 @ 07/21/11 01:39 PM
I think Casey is vastly overrated, not only in Madden but by everyone.

# 8 AC IS ART @ 07/21/11 01:51 PM
As others have said, suprised no Dontay Moch or Mason Foster. Expected Bruce Carter to be higher.

# 9 RedZoneD25 @ 07/21/11 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think Casey is vastly overrated, not only in Madden but by everyone.
You won't catch me complaining.

Casey

# 10 Broncos86 @ 07/21/11 02:04 PM
I fully expect (and deeply hope) that Miller will be breaking the 80 OVR level earlier rather than later.

# 11 Atomic Martian @ 07/21/11 02:08 PM
Casey is too high... Delete the last name then Re-evaluate.

# 12 Droopy03 @ 07/21/11 02:08 PM
Bruce Carter will be a ILB in the Cowboys 3-4 defense. Please fix this.

thanks,

# 13 infemous @ 07/21/11 02:12 PM
any moron knows that Bruce Carter and Mason Foster were about 10 times better than Casey Matthews.

So being related to Clay makes Casey a better player?

GTFOH Donny Moore. You are an imbecile!

# 14 Senator Palmer @ 07/21/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03

thanks,
Unfortunately, there is no ILB designation on the depth chart. The second ILB in Madden is the backup MLB. Carter, I believe, was listed as an OLB coming out because of the 4-3 he played in at Carolina. I'm hoping this has something to do with him being rated this low because he presumably doesn't project well as a 3-4 OLB -- I really do hope that's the case. I really do hope there's something I'm not seeing that's the reason behind him being so far behind someone like Casey Matthews, because I'm not feeling any of the ratings so far.

# 15 Palo20 @ 07/21/11 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03

thanks,
I'm curious to see how Carter fits on there. Seems like a similar player to Bradie James. Brooking is already the thumper, I don't see Carter taking that spot. Carter is a fast, sideline to sideline type. He may just replace Brooking in passing downs to start off then eventually replace James as the tackling machine ILB.

# 16 RedZoneD25 @ 07/21/11 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
any moron knows that Bruce Carter and Mason Foster were about 10 times better than Casey Matthews.

So being related to Clay makes Casey a better player?

GTFOH Donny Moore. You are an imbecile!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
Casey is too high... Delete the last name then Re-evaluate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Unfortunately, there is no ILB designation on the depth chart. The second ILB in Madden is the backup MLB. Carter, I believe, was listed as an OLB coming out because of the 4-3 he played in at Carolina. I'm hoping this has something to do with him being rated this low because he presumably doesn't project well as a 3-4 OLB -- I really do hope that's the case. I really do hope there's something I'm not seeing that's the reason behind him being so far behind someone like Casey Matthews, because I'm not feeling any of the ratings so far.
You all realize that roster updates will clear this up, correct? The best players will progress, the others will decline or stay the same. I do feel he is overrated, but as an Eagles fan I'm going to cautiously look the other way on this one. If you don't agree with the ratings, you can change them (obviously offline only), but I highly doubt you'll have to gameplan online for Casey Matthews.

# 17 tatmanfish @ 07/21/11 02:46 PM
well, the starting point for a players OVR can hinder their rating as the season goes along.

Mike Williams started last year as a 67OVR. He had to put up almost a 1000, yards and 11 TDs to get to a low 80sOVR. He was of the biggest increases in OVRs in Madden history. Only problem is most of the season he was average because it took the entire year for him to reach that point.

lets say Donte Moch who we know is below a 67OVR plays really good the first couple games and gets 2pt increase. then he goes on to have a good year overall and ends up a 70 OVR at the end of the year. Now lets say Matthews plays a back up role all year and does a little hear or there and hes still a 71. Now one guys is somewhat proven and has production, but is still rated lower than a guy riding the bench and playing STs.

Thats my problem with some of the good players being snubbed and some crappy players being over valued. Yeah theyll be updated, but the difference will still be there unless someone plays lights out all year.

I also realized Nate Irving didnt get in this group and hes right there with Moch and Foster

# 18 Palo20 @ 07/21/11 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS_OS
You all realize that roster updates will clear this up, correct? The best players will progress, the others will decline or stay the same. I do feel he is overrated, but as an Eagles fan I'm going to cautiously look the other way on this one. If you don't agree with the ratings, you can change them (obviously offline only), but I highly doubt you'll have to gameplan online for Casey Matthews.
Yeah, but where else can all of the future scouts (myself included) and homers (looking at you Redskins and Cowboys fans) come and discuss player ratings?

Edit: Let's not forget Bucs fans and their homerism.

# 19 mojo6911 @ 07/21/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm curious to see how Carter fits on there. Seems like a similar player to Bradie James. Brooking is already the thumper, I don't see Carter taking that spot. Carter is a fast, sideline to sideline type. He may just replace Brooking in passing downs to start off then eventually replace James as the tackling machine ILB.
He blew out his ACL, the same injury that sidelined Brady for a year. Carter won't see the field until mid season.

# 20 goldphoenix42 @ 07/21/11 03:31 PM
I feel like alot of the ratings are lower so that the dynamic performance will shine and make an impact. If you play as the eagles and casey struggles then his stats go down, if he thrives than they go up. this seems to be the same with a lot of the rookie ratings considering the rookies this year seem (to me) to be lower rated than last years.

My thoughts are that rookies will probably have huge (or bloated) potential compared to overall and that their consistancies will be lower so that you really see an impact in how they play as the season goes on.

id like to mention that im a seahawks fan, so the way these ratings look makes me think carpenter will be 65 or so overall which is disheartening at first but will allow more challenge in building him up in franchise along with the rest of the team!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.