Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer breaks down the AFC West team overall ratings in Madden NFL 12.

As you no doubt know, we are releasing the "Madden NFL 12" Overall Team Ratings over the course of this week and next. We're doing it division by division, and today we've got ratings for the AFC West. And remember, we'll also be breaking down the complete player ratings starting August 1. Until then, Tebow or Orton, who you got?.

Denver Broncos: 74
It's all about who you want as your starting quarterback in Denver. Tim Tebow is 77 overall with 80 speed and 76 throwing accuracy while Kyle Orton is 82 overall with only 64 speed but 85 accuracy. Really depends on how you like to play "Madden." As a guy who likes mobility, I'll take Tebow.

San Diego Chargers: 85
With Philip Rivers clocking in at 96 overall and Antonio Gates at 99, the Chargers are going to be tearing up defenses through the air. The fact that they have three running backs with 90-plus speed doesn't hurt, either.

Kansas City Chiefs: 84
Jamaal Charles was one of the surprises of the "Madden" cover vote, showing strong support throughout his campaign. His reward? EA Sports makes him one of the most feared backs in Madden with 98 speed.

Oakland Raiders: 76
Darrius Heyward-Bey blazes the virtual field with 97 speed but only has a 68 catching rating. That pretty much sums up the team right there. Oh yeah, Shane Lechler is a beast at 98 overall.

Source: Madden NFL 12 Team Ratings - AFC West

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bkrich83 @ 07/22/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpleen
well thanks captain obvious, and its my opinion these ratings and the guys who did them are clueless, understand?
Do you even read your own posts.

# 42 Jewelz0376 @ 07/22/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Zach Miller and Seymour are the only "great" players the Raiders have right now. They have plenty of potential at S, LB, RB, and a couple at the WR position but by and large they are not a super talented team. No OL, no QB and just decent to good pieces on defense.
Raiders have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, one of the best d-lines, one of the best 4-3 slb, the #2 pass defense in the league with 3 of the top corners in the league statistically, and one of the best in terms of special teams (jano, lechler, and ford)...

Not saying that the Raiders should be a 90 overall or anything crazy, but there shouldn't be close to a 10 pt difference between the Raiders and Chiefs/SD

# 43 iBlievN5 @ 07/22/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
No OLINE? Second in the league in rushing, GTFO.
Have you seen your RBs and the massive amount of talent they have? Also, OLs have to pass block my friend and there are not many worse at that than the Raiders.

# 44 iBlievN5 @ 07/22/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
HUH? Look at the stats, the raiders were middle of the road last year pass blocking and great at run blocking. and no a RB wont do anything if the line doesnt block well. At times last year the raisers physically dominated other teams. Only barry sanders could still get yardage with no blocking.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nkings-part-1/

# 45 bkrich83 @ 07/22/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz0376
Raiders have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, one of the best d-lines, one of the best 4-3 slb, the #2 pass defense in the league with 3 of the top corners in the league statistically, and one of the best in terms of special teams (jano, lechler, and ford)...

Not saying that the Raiders should be a 90 overall or anything crazy, but there shouldn't be close to a 10 pt difference between the Raiders and Chiefs/SD
I don't think that's an unfair assessment.

# 46 SportsTop @ 07/22/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Have not lost him yet, we can still sign him..........

Anyway back on topic the OP's remarks male me think he knows a lick about football outside a few teams. The Raiders had a bad run the last decade, but things have changed. Raiders woefully low rated and that comment about DHb shows a lack of knowledge about the rest of the roster.
I actually see what the author is attempting to convey. The Raiders have talent in more than a few areas but it isn't well balanced talent.

By the way, this is a QB driven league and the Raiders don't have anyone above average at that position.

# 47 gohogsfan14 @ 07/22/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
23rd in passing yards isn't middle of the road in the NFL champ, and pass blocking and run blocking are different, goes to show how much you DONT know about football. McFadden had a good year last year, when you look at the pure $*** seasons he had before that, I wouldn't expect another 1k yard season from him this year, I don't care HOW good you THINK the run blocking is.
Also I noticed you didn't take my bet, good choice.
Well to be fair Dmac was injured a lot the first two seasons and he had jamarcus russell, not all on the OL. I think he can improve over last year

I think losing Gallery could hurt but Veldheer and Wisniewski (sp?) could be a pretty good start for the future

# 48 gohogsfan14 @ 07/22/11 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
Thank you! INJURED! Not something a HB should be very often and expect to be in the NFL for long. Also I really don't think Russell or any QB has much of an effect on a HB's performance.
You dont think it makes a difference that the defense can load the box on him? Campbell isnt an all star but he is 100 times better than jamarcus was

# 49 brettmickey @ 07/22/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogsfan14
You dont think it makes a difference that the defense can load the box on him? Campbell isnt an all star but he is 100 times better than jamarcus was
I agree having at least a decent QB takes a lot of pressure off of the running game. With that said, every single starter and backup currently in the NFL is 100 times better than Jamarcus haha so that isn't saying too much. Campbell had a fairly blah season last year though. It's funny how teams that haven't had a franchise QB in many years get an average QB and forget what a franchise QB looks like and I see it with Bills fans too.

# 50 happymadison @ 07/23/11 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life24
My prediction:

Chargers: 12-4
Raiders: 8-8
Broncos: 7-9
Chiefs: 6-10

I do believe the Raiders will be very good in Madden this year again. Last year they started out in Madden amazing because all of their WRs were so fast. Speed kills in this game. I don't think they are over rated in the 'overall'. Division games aren't like normal games. Raiders vs Giants is a lot different than Raiders vs Chiefs/Broncos/Chargers. The Bills can beat the Patriots, but lose to everyone else. I will never bet on division games. Hopefully, for Raider fans, they can resign Aso.

Last season special teams kill the Bolts and lost three games for them. Not to mention having the most transactions from injury in a season hurts too.

Chiefs are the Dolphins.

Broncos I believe will surprise some people.
the chiefs may not win the division but 6-10 not likely and the charger's 12-4 is kind of silly to think, but then again i'm a chief's fan so you know how homer's are.

# 51 HEATBLUES357 @ 07/23/11 05:09 AM
Since I didn't get NCAA this year I more than likely will purchase Madden. They at least this year took a big step foward and not plant their feet in the ground. I'm liking how it looks, also my Chiefs are finally proving to be a force in the NFL. With a very tough schedule ahead I will be more than happen with 9 or 10 wins. They'll be beast in this game with Charles, I always find that backs with a speed rating of 98 are very easy to make a successful team with. GO CHIEFS!!!! lol

# 52 HEATBLUES357 @ 07/23/11 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Boy do I have my work cut out for me.
Yes you do sir, and god speed haha

# 53 HEATBLUES357 @ 07/23/11 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The Raiders have always had talent. Many scouts and analysts were stunned that the Raiders took Heyward-Bey. Al Davis loves speed.

I sense a disgruntled homer?
How is it way too low? They wen't 2-8 outside the division and you guys were losing to the NFC WEST!!!!!!!! Come on man!!

# 54 HEATBLUES357 @ 07/23/11 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_UNC_Barnes*
I say
Raiders 70
Broncos 72
Chargers 84
Chiefs 87
I like that

# 55 NYfanatic @ 07/23/11 05:24 PM
I will raise Tebow's overall to a 83 or so. I alos think if the Broncos do get Williams to add to their RB's and maybe some help on Defense then the broncos could be a 78 or so.

# 56 db56 @ 07/24/11 12:28 AM
I'm a Broncos fan and this is the way I see the AFC West:

1. Chargers
2-4, its a toss up.

The NFL is all about the QB and SD is the only team that has a proven Veteran that can carry the team. M. Cassel has improved, but has yet to prove he can carry the team. The Raiders probably have the most talent, but J. Campbell has never done anything, he has the talent, but needs to take the next step. The Broncos claim to be undecided, obviously they didnt watch the film because a green Tebow was equal to a healthy, experienced Orton. I understand the dynamic of competition though...

I'll bet my money on Rivers, until somebody else steps up....

# 57 trauma @ 07/24/11 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Wasn't an excuse. It was what it was. And no you weren't missing the same number or same caliber of player.

Hats off to the Raiders for breaking the losing streak, but as someone else said they went 6-0 to go 8-8. They may not have turned that corner just yet.

If you believe Aso won't be missed I think you are kidding yourselves.
We were missing McFadden in the first game who was much, MUCH more important to our team than anyone the Chargers were missing (not sure if this was brought up, but if it wasn't...). So yes, we were as shorthanded as you guys.

# 58 trauma @ 07/24/11 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Zach Miller and Seymour are the only "great" players the Raiders have right now. They have plenty of potential at S, LB, RB, and a couple at the WR position but by and large they are not a super talented team. No OL, no QB and just decent to good pieces on defense.
What a joke.

# 59 raidertiger @ 07/24/11 07:04 AM
What a joke rating for the Raiders. 10 points behind the Chiefs and the Chargers who had 2 and 1 more wins respectively.

# 60 bkrich83 @ 07/24/11 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma
We were missing McFadden in the first game who was much, MUCH more important to our team than anyone the Chargers were missing (not sure if this was brought up, but if it wasn't...). So yes, we were as shorthanded as you guys.
Uhhh no.

10 char.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.