Home
Madden 12 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 12 rookie ratings, showing off the top rookie quarterbacks.

A fresh infusion of talent by way of the NFL draft is the surest way your favorite team can build for the future. Why do you think we always debate the top draft classes and not the top free agency classes of all time? We get excited adding rookies to Madden NFL 12 too. Rather than tweaking and adjusting ratings for the same old veterans we get to build new guys from scratch, projecting how they’ll transition to the pro game. If only their coaches could do that.

Rookie quarterbacks in Madden NFL 12 almost have it as tough as their real life counterparts. If a player isn’t a Hall of Fame caliber player after his first snap, he’s immediately subject to more verbal abuse from fans than he’s ever heard in his life. Whether you’re yelling at them --or for them-- with a remote control, gamepad or $10 pretzel in your hand, quarterbacks get far too much credit and far too much blame for their team’s success or failure.

In Madden NFL 12 the rookie QBs will likely be subject to even more scrutiny with the addition of player traits and tendencies as those are just more metrics on which you can base your hastily formed opinions after each snap.

10. Greg McElroy - NYJ - 65 OVR

9. T.J. Yates - HOU - 66 OVR

8. Ricky Stanzi - KC - 68 OVR

7. Ryan Mallett - NE - 69 OVR

6. Colin Kaepernick - SF - 70 OVR

5. Andy Dalton - CIN - 71 OVR

4. Christian Ponder - MIN - 73 OVR

3. Jake Locker - TEN - 74 OVR

2. Blaine Gabbert - JAX - 75 OVR

1. Cam Newton - CAR - 77 OVR

Again nobody from this group, including the #1 overall pick, breaks into the 80s with their overall rating. Quarterbacks have it extremely tough when it comes to ratings, though. Drew Brees only briefly flirted with a 99 OVR rating after posting a 5000-yard passing season in ’08 and then leading New Orleans’ celebrated Super Bowl run in ‘09; Ben Roethlisberger has a pair of Super Bowl rings and he only hovers around a 90 OVR in Madden NFL games. So now what do you think Cam Newton will have to do for Carolina to get into even the low 80s as a rookie?

Don’t forget, we’ll be consistently updating all rosters and all players during the 2011 NFL season, so these lists are just a starting point. Keep it here for more on Madden NFL 12 rookies, ratings and info.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blazzen @ 07/22/11 04:41 PM
Cam Newton is not a Bronco.

His rating is about right though. Maybe even higher than I thought it would be.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 07/22/11 04:58 PM
Ya, typo on the blog.

# 3 The Amaizen Blue @ 07/22/11 05:13 PM
How is McEllroy last on that list? And Colin Kaep higher than Ryan Mallet? Oh well, they're all close together, just makes me SMH though.

# 4 angels eclipse7 @ 07/22/11 05:14 PM
TJ Yates is way overrated. Most draft boards that I saw pretty much explained him as being the best quarterback who will never be any good.

# 5 Jaged @ 07/22/11 05:27 PM
How is Ryan Mallett a 69. It was said he was easily the best QB out there but his off field issues were why everyone passed....

# 6 StreetCarp @ 07/22/11 05:32 PM
I hope Brian Hoyer is rated higher than Mallett, because I think he'll still be the second best QB on the Patriots this season. From what I've seen, Hoyer looks like one of the best backup QBs in the NFL.

# 7 amoore0192 @ 07/22/11 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaged
How is Ryan Mallett a 69. It was said he was easily the best QB out there but his off field issues were why everyone passed....
I agree, hes got a huge NFL arm, was accurate enough. Albeit he couldnt beat tree sap in a foot race but alot of qbs arent very fast. Its more about pocket awareness and I'd be willing to bet being that slow his whole life made him rely more on moving in the pocket ala Manning. (That is not a comparisson to Manning in any way besides pure foot speed. Just making that clear so nobody loses it saying I called Mallet the next Manning.) I think a 71-74 would be good.

# 8 gohogsfan14 @ 07/22/11 06:45 PM
Im ok with Mallett's rating. Its not like hes going to play for a few years anyways...then it will be raised. Im just looking foward to watching him in preseason :P

I do think most of his character concerns were BS though

# 9 bostonsports @ 07/22/11 06:57 PM
Did they just rate this based on where players were drafted? mallett is the 3rd best qb in the draft at the very least, imo he should be the highest rated because of how pro ready he is compared to gabbert and newton, but he was certainly more talented than kaepernick, ponder at the very minimum. Off the field issues are the only reason he fell.

# 10 CatMan72 @ 07/22/11 07:34 PM
Cam should be the highest rated based on the combination of all his skills, 77 seems fair.

# 11 brettmickey @ 07/22/11 08:21 PM
Yeah I actually don't have many problems with these overalls. Could Mallett be a little higher? Sure, but that is about the only minor issue I see with these

# 12 GaryT531 @ 07/22/11 08:35 PM
I will boldly predect that Colin Kaepernick emerges as the best QB to come out of this class.

# 13 tebowfanai @ 07/22/11 08:41 PM
I've always thought Ryan Mallet would be a solid if not above average quarterback in the NFL. He has all the tools in my opinion. But, potential doesn't always pan out. I think all of the ratings are accurate as of right now.

# 14 bmj2k7 @ 07/22/11 09:11 PM
It amazes me that EA always puts who goes 1st as who will be rated higher, Ryan mallet had a better chance of going top 10 then maybe only Cam Newton, who i think it will be funny when there in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes when they only win 2 games this year. But if Mallet goes 8 overall he's probably a 76 ovr, but since he went in the 3rd round he's a 69, only Gabbert and Newton(speed and throw power, not much else) were better than Mallet. Now the Pats do have trade bait, which Brian Hoyer as a coveted backup, who teams want, or Mallet a 1st round talent, they could trade either one and get top picks for either, but i bet Mallet stays bc he stands in the pocket and has a cannon arm, maybe a 98 throw power when this game releases. I just dont see how they have so many qb's rated above him when he was clearly better than those ahead of him.

# 15 gohogsfan14 @ 07/22/11 09:15 PM
Ill admit ive never really understood the hype on gabbert though. I watched the nebraska-missouri game since it was on last night and he was underwhelming. I guess he has potential though

# 16 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/22/11 09:26 PM
Yeah, I agree Mallet got shafted a bit. Off topic, I think the ginger from TCU or Mallett will end up being the best QBs from this class, although I think Cam will be fine in the NFL too.

# 17 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 07/22/11 09:35 PM
as far as playing the game cam is the best football playerout of the rookie QBs but not the best QB drafted i think blaine is but only time will tell you never really know with these rookie QBs

# 18 gohogsfan14 @ 07/22/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
yup and not many folks know about him.

IMO I think he is the fastest QB in the league right now...he has a long stride but is still deceivingly quick. Vick seems to have slowed down a bit.

I hope he has a 90 something speed rating ..I mean look at the kid, almost everyone else on the field looks slower. I know this is college, but the guy is fast. And he had one of the strongest arms in the draft.

The thing I love about this kid so far is his confidence. Everything he has said in interviews has impressed me. If the 9ers have a true QB competition, I expect Colin to win it. Alex has never won a legit QB competition with my 9ers.

Colin Kaepernick
Gore/Kendel Hunter (kid plays amazing on the field)
Vernon Davis/Walker
Crabtree/Ginn etc

looking forward to having Kaepernick, with Gore, Hunter, Dixon in the backfield
well, it is the WAC :P

but really he is a fun player to watch. Really strong arm and pretty smart...I think he'll be pretty good

# 19 Madwolf @ 07/23/11 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
It amazes me that EA always puts who goes 1st as who will be rated higher, Ryan mallet had a better chance of going top 10 then maybe only Cam Newton, who i think it will be funny when there in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes when they only win 2 games this year. But if Mallet goes 8 overall he's probably a 76 ovr, but since he went in the 3rd round he's a 69, only Gabbert and Newton(speed and throw power, not much else) were better than Mallet. Now the Pats do have trade bait, which Brian Hoyer as a coveted backup, who teams want, or Mallet a 1st round talent, they could trade either one and get top picks for either, but i bet Mallet stays bc he stands in the pocket and has a cannon arm, maybe a 98 throw power when this game releases. I just dont see how they have so many qb's rated above him when he was clearly better than those ahead of him.
I'm not sure if you heard or not, but you don't got 2-14 with good head coach and a gameplan.

John Fox was a decent coach in his time in Carolina, but last year he and his staff where a lame duck coaching staff with the lockout looming and the Panthers trying to get their house in order to come out sparkling after it was over.

I'm not going to rehash this hole argument again, but to sum it up Carolina will turn it around quickly thanks to a hole lot of talent and a better game plan.

# 20 shylo3716 @ 07/23/11 12:27 PM
What will Tyrod Taylor ratings look like?

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.