Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 speels @ 07/22/11 06:07 PM
I like it!!! Dumping and chasing may actually work well this year. I hope they have made it to allow human controlled players to do that as well. That way when playing BAP if the CPU tried to carry it in rather than dump I can press a button and my player will drag his toe so that I am not putting myself offside all the time.

# 2 plaidchuck @ 07/22/11 06:09 PM
Looks good, D looked a little passive though.

# 3 MizzouRah @ 07/22/11 07:56 PM
Excellent addition to the game!

# 4 Vikes1 @ 07/22/11 08:46 PM
Nice detail added to the game.

# 5 Kobalt @ 07/22/11 09:08 PM
Much needed addition.

# 6 DStars15 @ 07/22/11 11:05 PM
Looks good. It's also nice to see the AI backchecking hopefully our AI teammates will do the same.

# 7 Qb @ 07/23/11 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
Looks good. It's also nice to see the AI backchecking hopefully our AI teammates will do the same.
I was told by someone who played NHL12 that there is significantly more backchecking by AI players.

# 8 Fiddy @ 07/23/11 10:00 AM
so, how does this work when the cpu player skates to the blueline, then stops, starts, then stops, circles around, and then dumps it in??

# 9 plaidchuck @ 07/23/11 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
so, how does this work when the cpu player skates to the blueline, then stops, starts, then stops, circles around, and then dumps it in??
I just don't want to see those flip dumps that you don't see that often in a real game..

# 10 green94 @ 07/23/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
lol, I hope they finally rid the game of this. Beyond annoying.

# 11 Fiddy @ 07/23/11 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I was told by someone who played NHL12 that there is significantly more backchecking by AI players.
what does that backchecking consist of though? skating side by side with ya and then automatically stopping ya in your tracks without a check or a poke?

i really wish they would add a modifier to the stick lift button, so you can slap at the players stick or shins like you would see in a game.

another year of fluff added so to speak, when will we get full control on defense?

# 12 canucksss @ 07/23/11 03:03 PM
great to see this.... but there'll be still be offside call right??? because this addition is great provided that there'll be a possibility of having the offside being called in the game. (offline that is)

# 13 onlybygrace @ 07/23/11 04:06 PM
Quote:

another year of fluff added so to speak, when will we get full control on defense?
When you go back to NHL 2k8.

# 14 plaidchuck @ 07/23/11 05:03 PM
Quote:
what does that backchecking consist of though? skating side by side with ya and then automatically stopping ya in your tracks without a check or a poke?

i really wish they would add a modifier to the stick lift button, so you can slap at the players stick or shins like you would see in a game.

Yeah we gotta realize by now it's an offensive oriented game and they either can't or won't add more defensive controls. So once again this year crank that defensive awareness to 99 and pray.

# 15 Gagnon39 @ 07/24/11 01:03 AM
Very cool. I just hope the CPU goes offsides sometimes for realism's sake. As well as your CPU teammates going offsides.

# 16 Vikes1 @ 07/24/11 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Very cool. I just hope the CPU goes offsides sometimes for realism's sake. As well as your CPU teammates going offsides.
I'm hoping for this too. Yep...for realism's sake.

If fact, I've never really had anything I'd consider a 'problem" with either cpu/human, AI players going off sides. I guess I'd even say it was kinda welcome the few times here and there off sides was called. Heck....I'd even say imo, it doesn't happen enough. At least in my experience.

# 17 FBeaule04 @ 07/24/11 02:03 PM
And after that, they ask us not be sarcastic about EA's work on NHL!

Problem in NHL 11 wasn't the fact that the AI was offside, it was the fact that the AI was so idiot that the puck carrier would stop, then putting someone offside.

Answer for this, coming up with a new nice animation where the winger who is going to be offside will drag is skate to avoid the offside. If the AI is making the same mistakes as last year, that animation will be just like board play, useless!

On top of that, agains we see a zone entrance where the D is backing off, backing off, backing off...Just like in real life, we're you can get the zone, make 2-3 dangle and then getting the slot to take a wrister top corner. At the same time, guys like Pronger and Timmonen are taking a nap in the hamac with their butts in goalies face!

I hope I'm wrong about EA but I'm affraid of NHL 12 because since NHL 09, all the good EA did with the game, they ruined it by making the AI more stupid then Forrest Gump!

# 18 H to the Oza @ 07/25/11 01:06 AM
THIS IS EFFING AWESOME. No more lame duck offsides

# 19 Qb @ 07/25/11 11:18 AM
Quote:
I didn't see it so I can't elaborate, but he seemed impressed by it. I think more aggressive back side & lateral pressure from backchecking forwards would greatly help the passive D at the blueline problem. D-men can play a contain style like that, but you need supporting pressure to do so.

I agree better defensive controls are needed -- like a responsive & accurate free poke check and collision detection for all player interactions, not just checks with the R-stick.

# 20 Scarbro73 @ 07/25/11 12:38 PM
Keep these vids coming! Maybe one spotlighting whether or not the CPU defence plays you tougher in the neutral zone on higher difficulties?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.